• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, one out of what? A dozen at least?
It's a different day nowadays. Some former athlete mentioned that.

Things don't always stay the same. If we're including football, Watson will be traded. That won't just blow over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the only one I can think of where it went public and everything worked out.

My guess is that there are probably more trade requests that happen "behind the scenes" that get ignored than most fans would want to know about. We just never hear about them because something changes to get the player to stay.

I could be wrong, but I would bet that in most cases, by the time a player goes public with a trade request, the situation is unfixable. At least from the players perspective.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across this Kyrie quote from last night. This is such a bad look. There's been teams who had 4+ players out due to covid protocol. You're missing one guy while he and Harden supposed to be top 10 in the league on offense.....don't even get me started on that refs BS

"We are the team that the NBA put the most games on. We're the team that gets someone taken out during COVID, during the games, we're the team that has to deal with the refs, we're the team that is literally battling against so many odds, that at this point, there's not even a reason to continue commenting on it. They are what they are. As a warrior that I am, and the energy that I have alongside my teammates, we just have to turn that corner, and we haven't done that, but we will, and I'm telling you, the league's gonna be on notice when that happens."

Kyrie Irving blames Nets' struggles on COVID protocols, the NBA and officiating after loss to Pistons

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across this Kyrie quote from last night. This is such a bad look. There's been teams who had 4+ players out due to covid protocol. You're missing one guy while he and Harden supposed to be top 10 in the league on offense.....don't even get me started on that refs BS

"We are the team that the NBA put the most games on. We're the team that gets someone taken out during COVID, during the games, we're the team that has to deal with the refs, we're the team that is literally battling against so many odds, that at this point, there's not even a reason to continue commenting on it. They are what they are. As a warrior that I am, and the energy that I have alongside my teammates, we just have to turn that corner, and we haven't done that, but we will, and I'm telling you, the league's gonna be on notice when that happens."

Kyrie Irving blames Nets' struggles on COVID protocols, the NBA and officiating after loss to Pistons
Whole fn world is out to get him, I got no use for people like that. No appreciation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different day nowadays. Some former athlete mentioned that.

Things don't always stay the same. If we're including football, Watson will be traded. That won't just blow over.

Exactly. Once a star player in any sport says "trade me", you're trading him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were at least 3 teams. I remember that for sure. Knicks I believe were 1, can’t remember the other. Boston was a no.

AD was going to leave. Either by trade or free agency in the summer of 2020. But if NO liked someone else’s trade package better, or just doesn’t like the Lakers he doesn’t even have a chance to go to LA before the start of this season.

So your claims of a “better situation” are wrong.

The Lakers situation had more future potential than Cleveland, but the way you are talking is like he left for a ready made super team.

Literally almost ANY city would have had more potential to lure free agents with LeBron than Cleveland did.

I think you need to realize what potential is, and how closely in context it relates here. No team was willing to trade with the Pelicans, because they weren't going to offer up anything of value. Because again, and I'll put it in bold as I've pointed this out multiple times and you're just not grasping it. Here goes.....

Rich Paul is AD's agent. Rich Paul is in Lebron James' inner circle. Lebron James has insight into what AD's plans are along with the influence of AD's agent (Rich Paul).

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody talkin defense, but I don’t see it being played. What BS!

All reps of the scorers in this league are known, how come these players aren’t being shadowed, like trey young. Just put an athletic player on his azz all the time he’s on the court and you will cut his offensive contributions in half! Dude shoots from 40 ft out, you don’t know this about this guy?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was driving when they played that on Dan Patrick. When he got to the part where he said "As a warrior that I am", I had to pull over because I was laughing too hard to drive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to realize what potential is, and how closely in context it relates here. No team was willing to trade with the Pelicans, because they weren't going to offer up anything of value. Because again, and I'll put it in bold as I've pointed this out multiple times and you're just not grasping it. Here goes.....

Rich Paul is AD's agent. Rich Paul is in Lebron James' inner circle. Lebron James has insight into what AD's plans are along with the influence of AD's agent (Rich Paul).

If the Celtics really thought they could have signed him and it wasn't hot air they could have thrown the house at Davis (including Tatum). They did not because the Lakers had the cap space. If the Lakers did not have the cap space it might have been a different story.

The Knicks never had anything close to the assets to trade for Davis. They couldn't have even made close to the offer the Lakers could have made so whoever suggested that as an actual possible destination is on crack.

Its pretty clear that LeBron went to the Lakers knowing that Paul, Davis and LeBron were all on the same page of getting Davis to the Lakers. It would have happened Year 1 of LeBron's tenure with LAL if not for Demps being stubborn- the leverage Davis had and the fact that he refused to re-sign with the Celtics made it a done deal. If he said- sure ill resign with the Celtics- I have no doubt Tatum would be on the Pelicans right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs opened with a soft schedule, a good coach, and a team playing hard. That got them to a pretty nice spot at one point- but now the schedule is getting tough, and no one is taking them for granted. Going into Denver with Denver coming off a losing streak was always going to be a bad combination.

I couldn't be more glad. They are still in asset accumulation mode- and after Porter Jr's flameout they need more wing talent badly and of course to continue to develop there core of young guys. Lets just hope they get some of that old lotto luck back because the recent lotto luck has been crap.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder fear no team in the 1st quarter

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2