• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

unnamed.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting with Lebron. The problem is that you can't really do a long rebuild with him, even when he was young. He's too good, so a team can't lose enough games to get the high draft picks necessary. So, you end up with a situation like he had in Cleveland the first time...good enough for 1 fluke finals appearance and a bunch of 2nd round and ECF exits.

As for jumping to the best situation possible...yes and no. Imo, jumping to the best situation possible would be a team where just adding Lebron makes them a champion.

I think what he does do though, is look for teams that have assets and cap space so they can trade for and sign the players needed to become contenders. Which is what he found each time he left a team, including when he left Cleveland and went to the Heat. He's not going to some team that's cap strapped and has a bunch of average players that are difficult to trade.
This is exactly what I'm saying. But again, in the end, he has left stable situations/franchises - which totally debunks the whole, it's not Lebron's fault he wasn't drafted into a stable franchise. Because he's been on stable franchises and still left for perceived better situations.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“At some point”

Considering many here thought he was done after his first year in LA, that is quite the gamble for a 35 year old.
"Done" in what context? I think many here figured he'd play out his contract with the Lakers. In terms of not winning a title, I don't think anyone (without a clear biased agenda) thought Lebron's championship windows were closed.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck thought LeBron was done after his first season in LA?

And don't mention Wiggy, LB24 or DTgold.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK now you're just being dumb on purpose. What gives?
i just think when history goes back and looks at MVP's it will be curious that Curry won 2 considering that he cant carry a team.

I mean- do you think all else being equal that Curry is a top 5 player?

its pretty rare for that to happen when you look back. it actually mirrors Steve Nash quite a bit who won 2 MVP's as well.

The list of multi-time MVP winners is very short----shit Kobe only won 1 mvp. Shaq only won 1 mvp.

to see guys like Curry and Nash win multiples- while guys like Kobe and Shaq each only won 1- seems odd.

i think history will show that Curry and Nash were lifted up by their teams to win multiple MVP awards--- while many of the guys on this list were just dominators that could have done it anywhere.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think when history goes back and looks at MVP's it will be curious that Curry won 2 considering that he cant carry a team.

I mean- do you think all else being equal that Curry is a top 5 player?

its pretty rare for that to happen when you look back. it actually mirrors Steve Nash quite a bit who won 2 MVP's as well.

The list of multi-time MVP winners is very short----shit Kobe only won 1 mvp. Shaq only won 1 mvp.

to see guys like Curry and Nash win multiples- while guys like Kobe and Shaq each only won 1- seems odd.

i think history will show that Curry and Nash were lifted up by their teams to win multiple MVP awards--- while many of the guys on this list were just dominators that could have done it anywhere.
LOL keep trying

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I'm saying. But again, in the end, he has left stable situations/franchises - which totally debunks the whole, it's not Lebron's fault he wasn't drafted into a stable franchise. Because he's been on stable franchises and still left for perceived better situations.

Miami was definitely pretty stable. The only time Cleveland has been close to stable, imo, is when they had Lebron holding their feet to the fire. Even then, because Lebron and Gilbert don't appear to like each other, it still always seemed tenuous.

Traditionally, the Lakers have been one of the most stable franchises in all of sports. However, after Dr. Buss died, stable is hardly the word I would have used.

To be fair, I think most, Lebron included, felt that once Jeanie kicked Short Buss to the curb, the Lakers would eventually re-stabilize and there seemed to be some evidence that it was happening...but even then, the moves they made (bringing in Magic and Pelinka) didn't stabilize the situation right away.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was definitely pretty stable. The only time Cleveland has been close to stable, imo, is when they had Lebron holding their feet to the fire. Even then, because Lebron and Gilbert don't appear to like each other, it still always seemed tenuous.

Traditionally, the Lakers have been one of the most stable franchises in all of sports. However, after Dr. Buss died, stable is hardly the word I would have used.

To be fair, I think most, Lebron included, felt that once Jeanie kicked Short Buss to the curb, the Lakers would eventually re-stabilize and there seemed to be some evidence that it was happening...but even then, the moves they made (bringing in Magic and Pelinka) didn't stabilize the situation right away.

When you said the only time the Cavs have been stable was when LeBron was holding their feet to the fire you talking about since LeBron was drafted or you talking about the entire history of the team?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you said the only time the Cavs have been stable was when LeBron was holding their feet to the fire you talking about since LeBron was drafted or you talking about the entire history of the team?

Pretty much their entire history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this is some funny stuff. Got Jalen & Jacoby on right now.

Kyrie blames Nets struggles on virus protocols & how team is officated

Aren't the Nets currently dead last ppg given up?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much their entire history.

Are you really suggesting the Cavs never had any success before LeBron? You're kinda making it sound like they never had a winning season before he got there.