• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player isn't responsible for that.

Not like Irving or KD are great dedenders.

3 players were included in that trade for Harden. 3 players can impact a defense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You straddle both sides of the damn fence you're sitting on.

Your ass must be chaffed.

So 3 players who were clearly in a rotation can't impact a defense? Lmaoo got it

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it man.

He knew AD wanted to go to LA.

So did Paul George. How did that work out?

It was far from a done deal. AD wasn’t a free agent until this past summer. 2 years after LeBron originally signed in LA. That means 2 of the 3 years LBJ signed there were far from a guarantee of having a star teammate.

Because as we all know, NO could have easily decided to deal AD elsewhere.

AD and Paul George aren't the same person. AD was insistent on going to the Lakers, George not as much. AD's comments scared other teams off from trading him because he said he wasn't going to re-sign. Again, AD's agent is Rich Paul. Who's Paul George's agent? And last I checked, Paul George never really told teams not to trade for him.

Keep moving the goal posts though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL If you don’t think Tampa doesn’t have some damn good talent I dont know what to say. Also had a great draft Wirfs and Winfield. He had more weapons he ever had in his career on TB. Cmon

Tampa definitely had weapons, it's why Brady went there. And I don't includes the guys you mentioned through the draft, as that's not stacking talent through FA. I don't recall ever saying Tampa didn't have any weapons (not sure if you were accusing me of that).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep two guys that have proven jsckshit abd couldnt lead their teams past 35 wins. Not playoff experience. That really isnt helping your argument. What Lebron has done going from franchise to franchise and winning in his only 2nd year there is simply amazing...especially considering the last decade he’s faced some of the best “dynasties” we might ever seen in the Finals tbh

Both guys were all stars. Bosh didn't really do shit in Toronto, but he was critical in Miami helping win two titles. You take Bosh off of the Heat, Lebron has two less titles on his resume. I'm pretty sure my argument is holding up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But without him, both teams were looking at years long rebuilds. There is more than one way to rebuild a franchise and franchises that have a choice, don't tend to use the long route of rebuilding through the draft.

There is. Again, people seem to get getting off the main argument - the argument was that Lebron didn't have the luxury like Jordan of being drafted by a stable franchise. I'd make the argument that Lebron simply jumps to the best possible situation to win rather than build something long term. It started once he left Miami, then once he realized he couldn't win anymore in Cleveland, he jumped as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are right, but the point remains.

LeBron went to LA without any guarantees of another star anytime soon.

He went Cleveland with Kyrie, who had potential, but had accomplished exactly nothing, and the assets to trade for Kevin Love who was in a similar boat.

People need to stop acting like he left for 3 ready made super teams. He only did that once and it was in Miami.

Cleveland - Kyrie was already in place and they had the assets in place to trade for Love. Pretty much the same thing.

Lakers - Yes, in year 1 he did not have a star with him. AD had Rich Paul as an agent (someone who's in Lebron's inner circle). AD forced a trade to LA. It's not identical to what happened to Miami and Cleveland. But god damn, Lebron knew he was going to be paired up with a top 5 NBA player at some point in LA. You have to have your head in the sand if you didn't think this was going to happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is. Again, people seem to get getting off the main argument - the argument was that Lebron didn't have the luxury like Jordan of being drafted by a stable franchise. I'd make the argument that Lebron simply jumps to the best possible situation to win rather than build something long term. It started once he left Miami, then once he realized he couldn't win anymore in Cleveland, he jumped as well.

It's interesting with Lebron. The problem is that you can't really do a long rebuild with him, even when he was young. He's too good, so a team can't lose enough games to get the high draft picks necessary. So, you end up with a situation like he had in Cleveland the first time...good enough for 1 fluke finals appearance and a bunch of 2nd round and ECF exits.

As for jumping to the best situation possible...yes and no. Imo, jumping to the best situation possible would be a team where just adding Lebron makes them a champion.

I think what he does do though, is look for teams that have assets and cap space so they can trade for and sign the players needed to become contenders. Which is what he found each time he left a team, including when he left Cleveland and went to the Heat. He's not going to some team that's cap strapped and has a bunch of average players that are difficult to trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player isn't responsible for that.

Not like Irving or KD are great dedenders.

Of course not.

They traded away 2 of their best individual defenders to get Harden, who is not a great individual defender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD and Paul George aren't the same person. AD was insistent on going to the Lakers, George not as much. AD's comments scared other teams off from trading him because he said he wasn't going to re-sign. Again, AD's agent is Rich Paul. Who's Paul George's agent? And last I checked, Paul George never really told teams not to trade for him.

Keep moving the goal posts though.

I am not moving the goal posts at all.

You were wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland - Kyrie was already in place and they had the assets in place to trade for Love. Pretty much the same thing.

Lakers - Yes, in year 1 he did not have a star with him. AD had Rich Paul as an agent (someone who's in Lebron's inner circle). AD forced a trade to LA. It's not identical to what happened to Miami and Cleveland. But god damn, Lebron knew he was going to be paired up with a top 5 NBA player at some point in LA. You have to have your head in the sand if you didn't think this was going to happen.

“At some point”

Considering many here thought he was done after his first year in LA, that is quite the gamble for a 35 year old.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong!!!
Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment