• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes comparisons from different eras pointless, imo.

Folks talk about players today, the way the game is played today, etc. like players from the past wouldn't have taken advantage of the training techniques, supplements and medical advances of today or learned the style of today's game.

Like Magic, MJ, Bird, etc. would look at all of that and think..."Nah, I'm good". lol

It's the same as when folks say "MJ, Magic, etc. would neeeever switch teams and team up like players today. They were too focused on beating each other".

We don't know what they'd have done because it wasn't really an option back then.

The only thing I'm almost sure of is a lot of today's players would have had a helluva time with how physical the game was back in the day.

In today's game contact above the shoulders is now reviewed. Whereas back in the day this was just a common foul.

Ptbd167.gif

Then after that mugging Rodman pushed Pippen into the seats behind the basket. For those not old enough to remember the Bad Boy's they'll never fully understand how physical they were.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder only have 8 players so I don’t think so lol

Even if they had a full squad, it is a stupid bet to make if we're talking about straight up bet. That Lakers group would need 3-5 players out including both AD and Bron for the Thunder to have a chance at being favorites

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they had a full squad, it is a stupid bet to make if we're talking about straight up bet. That Lakers group would need 3-5 players out including both AD and Bron for the Thunder to have a chance at being favorites
Yeah obviously I mean the point spread is what it is for a reason, though you can generally make money betting against the Lakers and taking the under. Vegas knows what fan bases they can make money on in every sport.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh daaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just turned the CU/Oregon St. game on. Bill Walton's calling the game. I swear he's on a nonstop mushroom trip. The stuff he says about Boulder is funny as hell. He seemingly loves this place.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Lord, don't let shaqdaddy get involved. that list of statements would go on forever...

Not going to over do it, but I do have some favorites which literally took me a grand total of 30 seconds to find:

I will bet you my left testicle that if CP3 signs in Houston and George signs in OKC that LeBron will not be IN LA unless a Kawhi trade is made. He is NOT going there alone.

well the ones that actually thought Davis was a realistic possibility in the first place considering their trade assets.

Realistically i dont know many Lakers fans that actually thought acquiring Davis was much more than a pipe dream.

Bam is a lot closer to Larry Nance Jr. then he is to TT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to over do it, but I do have some favorites which literally took me a grand total of 30 seconds to find:

For some clarity, that last comment was made 2 years ago when Nance wasn’t more than a minor role player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh daaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just turned the CU/Oregon St. game on. Bill Walton's calling the game. I swear he's on a nonstop mushroom trip. The stuff he says about Boulder is funny as hell. He seemingly loves this place.
What channel? The UNC game on ESPN was postponed or cancelled.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What channel? The UNC game on ESPN was postponed or cancelled.....

12pac network. The Carolina game got canceled because after they beat dook several players were seen out partying after the game. Smart huh? Saw that on sportscenter.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s the current line so sure but not for much. $200?
south park tree fiddy GIF

350?