• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could very easily shit the bed on their upcoming western road trip and find themselves a few more games outside the playoff picture. Wouldn't say them missing would be shocking at this point. And then if they do think they're gonna make it but only as a 7 or 8 is it really worth laying out the kind of package it would take to get Lowry?

I have no idea what the price would be. I wouldn’t think Toronto would get any of Miami’s good young players. Maybe Nunn + some salaries and a 2nd round pick?

Lowry’s contract going to make it tough to get a good return.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Lebron are different. Brady (along with Bellichick) established a dynasty that's hard to replicate in football given the parity that exists. Lebron has hopped from team to team not really establishing a dynasty like Jordan had (where in basketball you have greater control). Skillset wise, I don't think Brady's the best, but his ability to win in Tampa this year gives me very little argument going forward against him.

Too much is made of the 1 team thing.

A large part of Brady and MJ’s status were the first rate organizations they were drafted into.

LeBron IS true dynasty.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Lord, don't let shaqdaddy get involved. that list of statements would go on forever...
200.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the price would be. I wouldn’t think Toronto would get any of Miami’s good young players. Maybe Nunn + some salaries and a 2nd round pick?

Lowry’s contract going to make it tough to get a good return.
Raps can take a bad contract with term back. Someone would bite on that.

If they ain’t getting at least a couple of first rounders and/or a good youngster they might as well keep him and try to get in themselves.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much is made of the 1 team thing.

A large part of Brady and MJ’s status were the first rate organizations they were drafted into.

LeBron IS true dynasty.

And when Lebron went to the Heat, he dipped once he saw an opportunity to go to a better situation. Same with the Cavs to the Lakers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Lebron went to the Heat, he dipped once he saw an opportunity to go to a better situation. Same with the Cavs to the Lakers.

Cmon man.

The Cavs and Lakers were not better situations than what he left. Neither were even sniffing the playoffs before he got there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with any comparison of eras, those guys from 20-30 years ago would've matured in the same generation as today's stars and would have the same skills, training, education etc. and would likely be much better. Send Durant and AD etc. back 30 years and deduct all of the modern amenities they enjoy, the 20+ trainers etc. they've had since they were 14, the internet to watch guys and learn from them and review plays and all that shit and show me how they'd do when Dennis Rodman grabs their buttholes lol

"Adjusting for era" is important.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, which is why they should be all in on this:

There's just no reason to prolong this roster. If they want to try to build around VV Boucher and Siakam that's fine, although I don't see that working out all that great either, but they might as well cash in on Lowry while they can.

Not sure Miami makes much sense though - seems risky for them when they could realistically stay outside the playoff picture. Wonder if Boston doesn't try to get out from under Kemba and make a play for Kyle.
Drummond only makes sense on the buyout market for Toronto. Basically impossible to match salaries unless it is a 3 team deal with Lowry or something. I’m not really sure what contender could match salaries for Drummond tbh

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the Cavs were the worst team, man. He transformed the roster and or course adding himself to any team IS the team. Kyrie proved he could lead scrubs to 25 wins lol.
The Lakers were a DISASTER. They were one of the worst 5 managed franchises at the time and were going in circles. They would have made the playoffs with a high seed without AD if Lebron wouldn’t have gotten injured.

Miami, a better situation? Sure, yeah definitely were but the Cavs weren’t making any moves and he gave them enough chances. Going back to CLE and then LA were WAY WORSE situations.

You are totally taking for granted how difficult it is to go to different franchises and win, let alone be the #1 and go to dumpster fires. There is a reason why nobody did it as quick as Brady and Lebron in ANY sport

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it easier to be the CEO of one company and just growing that same company or grow uo that company than leave for a smaller one and then grow that company to be one of the best? Then do it again and again. That is a bigger feat than just staying with one company

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with any comparison of eras, those guys from 20-30 years ago would've matured in the same generation as today's stars and would have the same skills, training, education etc. and would likely be much better. Send Durant and AD etc. back 30 years and deduct all of the modern amenities they enjoy, the 20+ trainers etc. they've had since they were 14, the internet to watch guys and learn from them and review plays and all that shit and show me how they'd do when Dennis Rodman grabs their buttholes lol

"Adjusting for era" is important.
That's what makes comparisons from different eras pointless, imo.

Folks talk about players today, the way the game is played today, etc. like players from the past wouldn't have taken advantage of the training techniques, supplements and medical advances of today or learned the style of today's game.

Like Magic, MJ, Bird, etc. would look at all of that and think..."Nah, I'm good". lol

It's the same as when folks say "MJ, Magic, etc. would neeeever switch teams and team up like players today. They were too focused on beating each other".

We don't know what they'd have done because it wasn't really an option back then.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it’s called underachieving

Not sure underachieving's the right word. I don't think Kemba's 100% yet, doesn't seem like he is. And now Smart's out for a few weeks. If Ainge makes any moves I hope it's to improve the frontcourt though.