• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Irving being unvaxxed......I saw an interesting trade proposal.....

Irving for Simmons....Simmons plays PG, Harden goes back to SG and Irving gives the Sixers a legit player to tag team with Embiid.

Nah. Harden at PG, Harris at SG, KD at the 3, and likely run with two 4s including Simmons (Blake, Aldridge, Millsap, etc along with some Claxton depending on the matchup).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I can think of only 3 possible reasons why someone would refuse vaccination:

1. Religious (Christian Scientists, etc)...can't argue with religious reasons but that's very few people
2. Fear of side effects. The side effects are minimal and far less prevalent or dangerous than the risks of catching Covid unvaccinated. And the same folks who bitch at 'the libs' for being scared of a virus sure like to be scared of a vaccine...
3. Own the libs/muh freedom/you can't make me

So basically, even if you don't think the vaccine does much good, there's no good reason not to get one for 99% of us.

I can argue with #1, but it's not worth the effort lol. Didn't Wiggins just try that excuse?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can argue with #1, but it's not worth the effort lol. Didn't Wiggins just try that excuse?
He did but he was denied because he's obviously making it up. Some people really are sincere Christian Scientists

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? What's the downside?

Why does there have to be a downside for someone not to do something? What's wrong with just not wanting to?

There are a lot of things people can do that have no downside. That doesn't mean they need to do them.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does there have to be a downside for someone not to do something? What's wrong with just not wanting to?

There are a lot of things people can do that have no downside. That doesn't mean they need to do them.
If there's no downside to doing something and a substantial upside, plus your employer and most of the private businesses you frequent want you to do it, there's no good reason not to...except "I refuse to do this thing people want me to"

I included 'not wanting to' in my list...it's a very childish reason. We're both fathers...when my teenagers refuse to do something out of spite like that we call it childish.

Andrew Wiggins and Kyrie Irving are being childish as fuck.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Irving being unvaxxed......I saw an interesting trade proposal.....

Irving for Simmons....Simmons plays PG, Harden goes back to SG and Irving gives the Sixers a legit player to tag team with Embiid.

This is very old news.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's no downside to doing something and a substantial upside, plus your employer and most of the private businesses you frequent want you to do it, there's no good reason not to...except "I refuse to do this thing people want me to"

I included 'not wanting to' in my list...it's a very childish reason. We're both fathers...when my teenagers refuse to do something out of spite like that we call it childish.

Andrew Wiggins and Kyrie Irving are being childish as fuck.

And all of this is nothing more than your opinion.

I say that constantly trying to tell everyone what they should and shouldn't do when they clearly aren't listening to you is just as childish.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of this is nothing more than your opinion.

I say that constantly trying to tell everyone what they should and shouldn't do when they clearly aren't listening to you is just as childish.
Well it's a message board where we type opinions, your opinions are equally childish on this matter as many don't listen to you either.

You can't refute my claim so you say no one is listening which is both a surrender and not accurate. You know as well as I that Wiggins and Irving are being silly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's a message board where we type opinions, your opinions are equally childish on this matter as many don't listen to you either.

You can't refute my claim so you say no one is listening which is both a surrender and not accurate. You know as well as I that Wiggins and Irving are being silly.

Here's the difference...I don't need to refute your claims. Pointing out that people aren't listening to you is not a surrender and pointing out that no one is listening to you is accurate. I have yet to see one person change their opinion because of your posts. My opinion is based on people having the ability to decide for themselves...so there's really nothing for me to refute as I have no "skin in the game" as I'm not attempting to change anyone's behavior.

And before you say, no one has changed their opinion because of mine...I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I'm saying people should make the decision they feel is best for them.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference...I don't need to refute your claims. Pointing out that people aren't listening to you is not a surrender and pointing out that no one is listening to you is accurate. I have yet to see one person change their opinion because of your posts. My opinion is based on people having the ability to decide for themselves...so there's really nothing for me to refute as I have no "skin in the game" as I'm not attempting to change anyone's behavior.

And before you say, no one has changed their opinion because of mine...I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I'm saying people should make the decision they feel is best for them.
To be clear, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion regarding getting vaccinated. As you pointed out, some folks actually dig in more when asked to do something (which is what children do). I'm just pointing out the silliness of their position. And it is silly to not get vaccinated if you have no reason not to. Because there's no good reason not to.

Most of the people choosing not to don't affect me much, as neither I nor my family will be needing an ICU bed (not a problem in CA with the lowest caseload of Covid). Wiggins being a big baby does affect my sports team though. If AD was doing this you might also be annoyed at the refuseniks.

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with people not getting vaccinated is that they are much more likely to get the virus and they generate higher titers of virus (viral load) when they do. With each replication of the virus there is a chance for mutation. Now, most mutations will be non-functional. But the more you give the virus a chance to mutate the more opportunities it has to have a gain of function mutation. The two that are worrisome is 1) a mutation that makes the virus more lethal and 2) a mutation that can fully infect the immunized (right now they are far less likely to be infected, produce far less virus when they do, resulting in milder disease, fewer opportunities for mutation, and milder disease). So, those who choose not to get immunized are putting everyone at risk by being potential variant incubators.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they are finally addressing it, hope it sticks.

Yeah, interpretation of a rule is always interesting. I'm anxious to see how different refs interpret different moves. Some can be fairly borderline. The NBA will try to streamline it make the calls as consistent as possible...but there will be arguing. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion regarding getting vaccinated.

Virtually every post you've made says otherwise. Constantly calling people childish, selfish, silly, etc. for their opinion is an attempt to goad/guilt/shame them into changing their opinion.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually every post you've made says otherwise. Constantly calling people childish, selfish, silly, etc. for their opinion is an attempt to goad/guilt/shame them into changing their opinion.
Nope....it's calling a spade a spade. They can do with my opinion what they wish. As you said, they will often take the childish route of digging in their heels more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....it's calling a spade a spade. They can do with my opinion what they wish. As you said, they will often take the childish route of digging in their heels more.

lol

Doing it once or twice is calling a spade a spade. Over and over again, day after day...is not.