• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems fair. But why are they only concerned with the people in the expensive seats? lol

It'll be interesting though to see what it does to attendance.

I'm actually interested to see what teams come up with and how they differ in approach.
Heat fans that sit in the lower bowl do not show up until half time anyway.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said once Delta hit the scene it makes vaccination a bit more of a personal choice as to a public health issue as the vaccines efficacy as to spread for delta is clearly limited.

Where I see companies being in the right on mandating vaccination is in the clear statistics backing vaccination decreasing hospitalization risk and even up to death. Many companies provide life insurance, and obviously the cost of having a person on a vent is substantial.

I think businesses, should be able to decide for themselves. Which, so far, is what has happened. In the city I live in, I haven't seen any businesses requiring masks or proof of vaccination. But yesterday I drove 20 minutes to another city and most businesses that I saw were requiring masks.

I also have no issue with cities, states and counties deciding to mandate masks and/or vaccination proof for their employees and people entering their buildings. I do have an issue with mandates from any government, whether federal, state, county or city demanding vaccinations and/or masks beyond their own employees, buildings, etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you draw the line and why should a company not be allowed to set its own protocol

This is already a thing with companies not hiring smokers.
As a smoker, you're choosing to damage your body. There is long-term data that shows the negative effects of smoking.

You have no long-term data for the vaccine. For a small group, the vaccine can hurt you more than Covid.

Saying that any company should be able to enforce their employees take an experimental vaccine, while also ignoring the benefits that natural immunity provides, specifically is quite frankly asinine.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Irving being unvaxxed......I saw an interesting trade proposal.....

Irving for Simmons....Simmons plays PG, Harden goes back to SG and Irving gives the Sixers a legit player to tag team with Embiid.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Irving being unvaxxed......I saw an interesting trade proposal.....

Irving for Simmons....Simmons plays PG, Harden goes back to SG and Irving gives the Sixers a legit player to tag team with Embiid.

Gotta get something else as Brooklyn imo

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, DJ, we all saw this already

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't good for BKN straight up, they need more. Plus you really think Philly wants to deal with that ego (way WORSE than Simmons) and no long-term guarantee with Kyrie. He has a player option in 22-23.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume because they are close to the players/coaches and other officials.

It's failed logic though; everyone comes in through the same gates, goes to the same concessions, etc. Someone can pick it up from a nosebleed seat fan before ever getting to their seat. Not sure how quickly after getting it that it can be passed again though?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no downside, at least that I have seen reported. Crazy I know.
Honestly I can think of only 3 possible reasons why someone would refuse vaccination:

1. Religious (Christian Scientists, etc)...can't argue with religious reasons but that's very few people
2. Fear of side effects. The side effects are minimal and far less prevalent or dangerous than the risks of catching Covid unvaccinated. And the same folks who bitch at 'the libs' for being scared of a virus sure like to be scared of a vaccine...
3. Own the libs/muh freedom/you can't make me

So basically, even if you don't think the vaccine does much good, there's no good reason not to get one for 99% of us.