• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and Rudy Gay sign with the Lakers today. 1 starts at SF next to Janes at PF...the other comes off the bench.

Is that a prediction or do you have some kind of Woj/Shams mojo going on? lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers not doing much in free agency. It looks more and more like they will return with the same basic core as last year, if they can't deal Simmons. That's not necessarily bad, but they need to play Maxey and Thybulle more, possibly as starters, with Simmons acting as sixth man and running the second unit more as a transition/fast-break type unit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money NBA owners are doling out for players would make a serious dent in the National Debt!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have become Reunion Central bringing back all these ex-Lakers. They are also getting older. Outside of THT and a few of the bench players, no youngsters (relatively speaking) there. All of Magic's draftees have been traded or shown the door. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next two-to-three years when the Lakers have to begin a rebuild by getting rid of an aging roster and have little draft assets to do it. Are they walking themselves into a corner? Perhaps.

I'm stubbornly holding out hope that they can get Hield in a Schroder sign and trade. Paired with AD, that's a solid couple of guys to build around.

It's very unlikely that it happens...but I'm crossing my fingers anyway. :hope:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have become Reunion Central bringing back all these ex-Lakers. They are also getting older. Outside of THT and a few of the bench players, no youngsters (relatively speaking) there. All of Magic's draftees have been traded or shown the door. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next two-to-three years when the Lakers have to begin a rebuild by getting rid of an aging roster and have little draft assets to do it. Are they walking themselves into a corner? Perhaps.
I'm sure they are going all or nothing. They know they have the ability to entice FA's to come to LA and even when Lebron and RW are gone, they still have AD to entice stars. This is a play to get one or two more championships before Lebron retires.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers not doing much in free agency. It looks more and more like they will return with the same basic core as last year, if they can't deal Simmons. That's not necessarily bad, but they need to play Maxey and Thybulle more, possibly as starters, with Simmons acting as sixth man and running the second unit more as a transition/fast-break type unit.

Maybe the Lakers will do a sign-and-trade with the Sixers for Simmons? Just kidding.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is gone. I think Danny Green moves on as well. I don’t like the resign of Furkan. In my mind, that experiment should be over. He would just take away minutes from better guys. Simmons will get traded but I don’t know when now. It could go into the season before a deal happens.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Lakers will do a sign-and-trade with the Sixers for Simmons? Just kidding.
Outside of LeBron James the Lakers don’t really have anything that would pair well with Embiid.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stubbornly holding out hope that they can get Hield in a Schroder sign and trade. Paired with AD, that's a solid couple of guys to build around.

It's very unlikely that it happens...but I'm crossing my fingers anyway. :hope:

Your perseverance, TJ12, is admirable but the Kings are the ones now who have little interest in Schroeder. I gather, after reading between the lines, that obtaining Schroeder and losing Hield is step down for the Kings as they consider Schroeder somewhat of a knucklehead who has an over-exaggerated sense of his skills and basketball worth.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Korkmaz deal. They paid $5 mil a year for 3 years for a pretty good 3-point shooter for the second unit. That's a bargain given how this free agency is going, and he is still only 24.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Korkmaz deal. They paid $5 mil a year for 3 years for a pretty good 3-point shooter for the second unit. That's a bargain given how this free agency is going, and he is still only 24.

thats a steal. Hollinger projected him to be worth the full mle

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will build around AD. Attract FA's to play with the Brow.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Howard, he was a good backup center for most of the regular season, but his antics down the stretch and in the playoffs were out of hand. he was just playing such thug ball that he was costing the team dearly with stupid fouls almost every other possession!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will build around AD. Attract FA's to play with the Brow.

yup. Stay away from other long term deals so you actually have cap space at that point

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ, the Lakers are going to have to do a better job of keeping Mr Brow healthy as he is gaining a NBA rep of being a bit on the fragile side of things. The Lakers did fire their last Trainer so they apparently know about what is happening with Mr Brow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when you have to fire your agent. I'm sure his agent was putting thoughts in his head
Yep....sometimes players need to remember they are the boss and tell the agent "get it done".

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ, the Lakers are going to have to do a better job of keeping Mr Brow healthy as he is gaining a NBA rep of being a bit on the fragile side of things. The Lakers did fire their last Trainer so they apparently know about what is happening with Mr Brow.
Bring back Vitti!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope things are going good for you, my friend.