• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of a taller Brandon Ingram in that, while he's very skilled and those skills will help him, he's a little light in the ass for the NBA game.

Doesn't Chef Michael Symon have a couple of pretty good burger restaurants in Cleveland? Cavs should work out a deal where he eats there for every meal. lol

He should be on a protein drip while sleeping, lol.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. I will miss the Bald Mamba though... :suds:

Maybe Reaves can become the next folk hero of sorts in a year or so.
McClung is the next one.....he reminds me of a young Caruso. Reaves wax compared to Ingles on here by ThunderC.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Wizards miss on Dinwiddie, they might take a swing at Schroeder.

That could allow for the Kings to be included in a 3 team deal perhaps sending Kuzma and someone else to Sacramento.

That is about the best hope the Lakers have to get an impact player for Shroeder at this point, IMO.

Kuzma went to the Wiz in the Westbrook deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClung is the next one.....he reminds me of a young Caruso. Reaves wax compared to Ingles on here by ThunderC.

Sure, but Reaves is on the roster. McClung still has to earn his way there. It all starts tonight! (Summer League California Classic, 8pm PST, ESPN2)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember those days of yore when you and I were carrying the Laker game threads.....LOL.
Oh yes. I'll never forget those games when we were dogshit struggling under the insidious reign of short Buss and Mitch and having to go through a host of garbage players and coaches. That Luol Dang deal still pisses me right off and I think this is the last year the Lakers have to pay that POS.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma went to the Wiz in the Westbrook deal.can't become official until Friday.
It's not official yet, so they could still add to the deal. It would depend on Dinwiddie deal falling apart and signing elsewhere though.

Oh yes. I'll never forget those games when we were dogshit struggling under the insidious reign of short Buss and Mitch and having to go through a host of garbage players and coaches. That Luol Dang deal still pisses me right off and I think this is the last year the Lakers have to pay that POS.
It is! Laker fans should make the Luol Deng final payment date a national holiday, lol.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but Reaves is on the roster. McClung still has to earn his way there. It all starts tonight! (Summer League California Classic, 8pm PST, ESPN2)
McClung will make it and spend this season in D-League.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shopson. Completing all those deals such as the Deng deal and all those picks we gave up for Howard (the first time) and Nash is definitely an opportunity for thankful celebration such as you suggested.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Korkmaz deal. They paid $5 mil a year for 3 years for a pretty good 3-point shooter for the second unit. That's a bargain given how this free agency is going, and he is still only 24.
He’s beyond a liability defensively and the best thing you can say about his shooting is that it’s streaky. One night he’ll give you a 4-9 from 3 and the next night he’ll give you a 1-7 from 3. He’s the epitome of undependable. He’s a one trick pony. If he’s not making shots he gives you zero on the floor. He has no floor game. He can’t get other guys shots. He’s an isolation problem on defense. You can’t employ switches on screens with him on the floor. He’s a less talented version of Redick and Belinelli. He has no place in playoff basketball. The Sixers playoff chances died when DG was hurt and a big piece of that dynamic for why it worked out that way is because Doc started Furkan and gave him more minutes.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s beyond a liability defensively and the best thing you can say about his shooting is that it’s streaky. One night he’ll give you a 4-9 from 3 and the next night he’ll give you a 1-7 from 3. He’s the epitome of undependable. He’s a one trick pony. If he’s not making shots he gives you zero on the floor. He has no floor game. He can’t get other guys shots. He’s an isolation problem on defense. You can’t employ switches on screens with him on the floor. He’s a less talented version of Redick and Belinelli. He has no place in playoff basketball. The Sixers playoff chances died when DG was hurt and a big piece of that dynamic for why it worked out that way is because Doc started Furkan and gave him more minutes.

hes 80% of Fournier getting paid 25%

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a steal. Hollinger projected him to be worth the full mle
To be clear, my issue wasn’t the money. I don’t think he has a place on this team. I’d rather see the Sixers give some run to a guy like Isiah Joe who could project to be the same level of shooter but isn’t a defensive liability and has a better floor game. Keeping a guy around who in a 4 year trial has shown that he has no place in playoff basketball takes minutes away from kids with more potential. His presence will impact the minutes of guys like Thybulle, Maxey and Joe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma went to the Wiz in the Westbrook deal.

Right.

Existing deal could be expanded to add a 3rd team

And the Kings seemed interested in moving Hield for a couple of those players the Wizards got.

Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Howard, he was a good backup center for most of the regular season, but his antics down the stretch and in the playoffs were out of hand. he was just playing such thug ball that he was costing the team dearly with stupid fouls almost every other possession!
Agree with that. But would also point out that when you put some of that stuff in a vacuum and look at them in isolation you can argue that a lot of those whistles stemmed from a reputation he established with officials. Howard has to be more of a politician with them. They clearly have something for him currently.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am all for upgrading the 2 and 3 spot, but this is a bargain signing.

They drafted Jaden Springer to be a 3 and D developmental player and we will have to see how he responds. I doubt he can contribute as much as Maxey early on, if ever though. He has the defensive skills Korkmaz lacks, but is nowhere near a fluid of a jump shooter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the brakes on that nonsense. He hasn't been in the League long enough to be mentioned with them....LOL.
Yet at age 22 he has put up better seasons than any of them have in their career, and is a far more efficient shooter than all of them. In addition, Sexton has been far more efficient when the D is designed to stop him while those 3 were usually at best a 3rd option.

As always, your LOL wont make your absurd comment less absurd.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, my issue wasn’t the money. I don’t think he has a place on this team. I’d rather see the Sixers give some run to a guy like Isiah Joe who could project to be the same level of shooter but isn’t a defensive liability and has a better floor game. Keeping a guy around who in a 4 year trial has shown that he has no place in playoff basketball takes minutes away from kids with more potential. His presence will impact the minutes of guys like Thybulle, Maxey and Joe.

My guess is we see Kork at SF and Joe at SG this season with the second unit. I don't think Joe necessarily suffers from a Korkmaz signing, if you assume Thybulle is likely playing with the starters next season.

Now, if they re-sign Danny Green, things could get tighter for Joe and his minutes. But that remains to be seen. Rumor is he is headed back to the Lakers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet at age 22 he has put up better seasons than any of them have in their career, and is a far more efficient shooter than all of them. In addition, Sexton has been far more efficient when the D is designed to stop him while those 3 were usually at best a 3rd option.

As always, your LOL wont make your absurd comment less absurd.
On bad teams!!!! Hilarious.