• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I see Frazier as probably only a 1 year guy as is.

I do think either Bryant or Story is a must but would love both obviously
I would be surprised if Frazier signs a one year deal, but if it's story on a 1 year deal and Kris Bryant on a multi-year contract I'd say yes.

I just don't want to commit a bunch of money to a guy who can't hit outside of Coors Field.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the first tme...i have...seen where the players...where ready to negotiate....so maybe something will get done..

the owners...stand pat.....they dont want to give up money...to the team....yeah i get that...but the lux tax...must go....as in dead...as a doornail..

cuz really......it is only.....an owners issue......trying to protect the owners wallet.....why...would any one else...even care.....

so if you have a lux tax...have it at your owners meatings......and dont tell...no one else...

..bunch of screw balls..criminy.

.owners cant even do that...aye yi yi.....some one should be ashamed...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviouisly i likestory...but here...is corrrea

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what to expect from manaea..till the break.....and why...the mariners would want him.....for one year....after that he is a free agent...the mariners will not be able to afford....but ya gotta like him..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have speculated..on about a thousand trades...thisis the only one i feel good about......for the mariners..

cuz it solves a lot of probs...

yeah...
manaea....LHP..
chapmon ...3B..,

if they sign conforto....

for kelenic...dont worrie about.......kelenic...he will do well...where ever he goes......

his dad is a contractor....so...he coud work anywhere....and maybe is know...who knows....all he needs to do...is take rodger stauback...real estate coarse..
and...he will have 3 careers....the mariners like ...him...and want to keep him....but they cant....and he is the only guy worth trading...really..

born on my birthday...i like kelenic....but i want the mariners to win...and this is the best...trade i have seen...

my dad was an electrician.....my brother...a general..cont..yeah..so i know...
me...lol..deckhand..truck driver....lololol...ex navy machinest...ahh..someone had to be differant in my family.....lololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...imo..that it for me...on the offseason....even though...it is not over yet....i know who i think they should get...and one trade..

which consist of ...

frazier+++already...1 trade..
robbe ray....1 signing..

both good ones....no matter what they say about fraizer....the mariers need him.....ussually people....talk crap..from jealosy...and somties...
i do not know where it comes from.......anyway...

add trevor story.....
conforto................

trade for manaea...LHP.
and
chapmon....3B

they may need..a CF...i dont know.........maybe julio..,can do it...i dont know either.............

im heading to...collage....mariners draft...not much going on there yet...but i have a lot to do....doing the pac 12...and all i have doene is arizona
but they are ..starting..in collage...........and the minor leagues...will play even if the...MLB..does not...

whoever the mariers add...we will be watching..,when they start...again............

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get too excited but everything I've read indicates the Mariners will land at least one/maybe two of the trio of Kris Bryant, Suzuki or Story. Whenever Divish has mentioned Story or Bryant in the same sentence, he sounds pretty confident they will land at least one of the two. Even though there is a lockout, you know teams are still talking to agents under the table.

If they sign Bryant I'd be okay with Frazier starting at second. We've already discussed it but I'd prefer not to overpay for Story given all the concerns I have regarding him.

I think I would consider the offseason a big success if we sign Bryant for 3rd, Suzuki at OF and trade/sign another top of the rotation pitcher. In this scenario, the only glaring hole we'd have amongst position players would be at catcher.
I am totally cool with Bryant or Story (prefer Bryant). issue with your scenario is Suzuki. While he seems to be good, he isn’t proven and reports say he can’t play CF so he doesn’t have a role on the team outside of a 4th OF (I’m including JRod and Lewis) unless they make a few moves. I won’t pretend to know anything about him besides reports but if he is signed he is essentially Trammell/Fraley. IMO he isn’t remotely a guy (from his Japan numbers) they can sign and give a starting position, but on that same note if they sign him he is guaranteed a roster spot unless they somehow work out if he struggles he can play in Tacoma. I am not saying don’t sign him but unless Jerry makes some deals I think the money for him is better used for either a starter or bullpen help.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally cool with Bryant or Story (prefer Bryant). issue with your scenario is Suzuki. While he seems to be good, he isn’t proven and reports say he can’t play CF so he doesn’t have a role on the team outside of a 4th OF (I’m including JRod and Lewis) unless they make a few moves. I won’t pretend to know anything about him besides reports but if he is signed he is essentially Trammell/Fraley. IMO he isn’t remotely a guy (from his Japan numbers) they can sign and give a starting position, but on that same note if they sign him he is guaranteed a roster spot unless they somehow work out if he struggles he can play in Tacoma. I am not saying don’t sign him but unless Jerry makes some deals I think the money for him is better used for either a starter or bullpen help.
I guess the thinking behind Suzuki is Jrod is more of a second half solution whatever Lewis can give you is still unknown whereas Haniger may only be here for another year.

So i mean if could be 2022 :
LF: Suzuki
CF: Kelenic
RF: Haniger/Lewis
DH: Haniiger/Lewis

And 2023:
Suzuki, Kelenic, Lewis, Jrod for the 4 spots

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Frazier signs a one year deal, but if it's story on a 1 year deal and Kris Bryant on a multi-year contract I'd say yes.

I just don't want to commit a bunch of money to a guy who can't hit outside of Coors Field.
I just mean Frazier has one year left and resigning I guess depends on the rest of you INF mainly. If you think Marte isnt far away and you are still happy with Crawford and have added Story/Bryant then I dont see where giving Frazier a big multi year deal would make sense.

But yeah I dont see Story signing a 1 year deal but I also think the whole he only hits at Coors thing is a little over blown

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you explane...1 ..LHbat..in the line up.....crawford...and...kelenic...maybe.....i can do that....

.frazier adds the bat...and the ave...mariners did not have a DH...anyway
...he is a 2B....and utility...??????...moore the better.....tong in cheek...ha..lolol...and why..they dont need bryant..

conforto...to re-place seager....

story....to..#2..hitter...and 2b...for an awesome line up..
trade for manaea....LHp....oakland
and miranda....3b...twins..

yeah thats my shopping list at this point...i struggled with the whole bryant thing..a ..longtime...and now i know...its story..

done..................
Thats fair. And Crawford has slight reverse splits too. A LH bat may be something added in the summer if its a big need. I like Conforto but am unsure of the fit. Unless they are really spending, I think grabbing Story/Bryant is more important

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thinking behind Suzuki is Jrod is more of a second half solution whatever Lewis can give you is still unknown whereas Haniger may only be here for another year.

So i mean if could be 2022 :
LF: Suzuki
CF: Kelenic
RF: Haniger/Lewis
DH: Haniiger/Lewis

And 2023:
Suzuki, Kelenic, Lewis, Jrod for the 4 spots
I don’t disagree necessarily but I am still holding out hope they can get a 2B and have Frazier play CF or get a CF. It isn’t a knock on Suzuki and I could be speaking way out my ass but it just seems they have more pressing needs especially since one of the goals I thought was to get Kelenic out of playing CF.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean Frazier has one year left and resigning I guess depends on the rest of you INF mainly. If you think Marte isnt far away and you are still happy with Crawford and have added Story/Bryant then I dont see where giving Frazier a big multi year deal would make sense.

But yeah I dont see Story signing a 1 year deal but I also think the whole he only hits at Coors thing is a little over blown
With Story or essentially any hitter who plays at TMobile they just have to hit the ball hard in the gaps. For some unknown reason when a FA comes to Seattle he tries to hit HR’s. That was Cirillo’s big issue and that Angels 1B Seattle got but his name escapes me.