• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passan of ESPN:

Is anyone allowed to sign during a lockout?

Yes. All players who were not on a major league roster last season or are not currently among the 1,200 players in the union. Minor league deals can be struck and trades among minor leaguers made, but it's not like teams can sign an elite free agent to a minor league deal with massive bonuses that in normal times would've been their salaries. Beyond the whole on-the-roster-last-year issues, there's a cap on the ceiling of non-roster invitee: $4 million.
So I guess Suzuki is in play. I guess I don’t get all the technicalities and how it is a lockout if any team can make any moves besides releasing people.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Suzuki is in play. I guess I don’t get all the technicalities and how it is a lockout if any team can make any moves besides releasing people.
No clue. Thought it was odd that employees can't even talk to or attend events with players. What does that have to do with labor issues? And how stupid was MLB taking down all pictures of players on their websites and replacing them with shadow figures.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. Thought it was odd that employees can't even talk to or attend events with players. What does that have to do with labor issues? And how stupid was MLB taking down all pictures of players on their websites and replacing them with shadow figures.
i think i side more with ...the owners...cuz,..i feel at least..they should negotiate.....or they can just go to there.rooms ....fore the holidays...ooohhh
oohhh aaaa i meant vacation...yeah...thats right...but..acting like a child and not negotiating...does nothing....to solve the problem

next there kids will..be asking.....to ..strike......then they have to explane....it is just ..for grown ups...ooooookkk..

it is just throwing a fit....so...heck....you baseball..dudes..go to your room......yeah right...lolololololol..........fat lota good that did....

well..your call next...that is all i had....lololol

ok..i am still a big kid...but that is how i know...lolo

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jerry surprises us and signs Suzuki by next week? Worth a flyer if around $11M p/y.
they need suzuki...so..pay him more than every one else..would....
who else they need...????..
i dont have a long list...i like ..miranda of the twins..i have already said that..bryant ...ookk..miranda hit 30 HRS last season..13 in AA...17 in AAA..
so that is good...945..to 986...means you need some...more work..at 3B..but for a 23 year old guy..it is still..faily good

im looking high

im looking low...nothing else to do.....................

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MLB is run by out of touch losers. As much as people hated Steinbrenner, he was at least good for the game.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MLB is run by out of touch losers. As much as people hated Steinbrenner, he was at least good for the game.
it just seems...like...the owners..are..being realistic...and the players,,,are not...at the expence...of ..us..cuz we have to listen...in the case...of the players...they have said nothing...but...
they do not have a web site platform..either...so they need to u tube it............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itis not surprising...every

the people,,,who are talking.....suck...at it....get someone else

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the will care..when they aibt gitting a check....nbs,,....they saying..everything..that is not going to happen...big fat..BSBS

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki is on hold too . MLB news talked about the posting period if he would get signed before lockout . And if they would extend the 30 days period to sign if there was a lockout .

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suzuki is on hold too . MLB news talked about the posting period if he would get signed before lockout . And if they would extend the 30 days period to sign if there was a lockout .
Ya I am confused by it. I heard initially teams had to sign him prior to lockout, but Passan wrote differently as I posted above. MLB can't get anything straight.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a mariners story.....mostly...the way it goes...just working....pippin..of lord of the rings....is an A.B..deckhand....as seen...in master and commander
maybe he will be the new capt ....stubing..who knows...lolol...but..he..went to the same school...and..maybe he will go back there...to be a capt..

this is a luxury liner....compared to a 1600 ton..200..or 400 foot..boat

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the work is always...for a deck hand simular..for an engineer..is a diff story...

these guys are asian...but its the same...alot...out of necesity...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
engineers chill....a lot...but don t take notice.....they are working....lololol...and if there is a prob..they are on it ..like..lightning

ussually...and they know there...equipment..like you know your car...and prob better...

so here is the glory job....lololol

as he said..safety.......of vessel..and personel...and everything on board..is his job...his responsability.....he will...delegate that...the way he sees fit..
yet...he is the boss....for a guy like ....ulmax.....lolololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it aint easy...being ///cheeesy........but that...aint no ..cheese....JACK....

Looking to obtain your Master/Mate Less than 200 Ton License from the US Coast Guard? Take your courses with Northeast Maritime Institute and follow this guide.

Minimum Age Required​

• 19 years
Recency: 90 Days in the past 3 years

Sea Service Requirements​

NEAR COASTAL
Master
  • 1440 days of service on Ocean, Near Coastal, OR Great Lakes Waters, OF WHICH:
    • Service on Inland waters other than GL MAY be substitute for up to 720 days of the required service, AND
    • 720 Days of service on vessels over 100 GRT, AND
    • 720 days MUST have been as a master, mate; mate or mate (pilot) towing vessels or equivalent supervisory position while holding an endorsement as master, mate, master or mate (pilot) of towing vessels, AND
    • 360 days of service as Master, Mate, or equivalent supervisory position. Must have been on vessels over 100 GRT; OR
    • 360 days of service as master/mate or master/mate T/V’s on Ocean or Near Coastal waters on vessels of more than 100 GRT while holding a license or MMC as mate less than 1600 GRT OC or master/ mate T/V’s.
  • Mariner holding an endorsement as Chief Mate Oceans/NC self-propelled vessels 1,600 GRT or more is eligible for this endorsement without further exam.
  • 2nd Mate Oceans/NC of 1600 GRT or more is eligible for this endorsement upon completion of a limited examination.
  • Chief Mate is eligible for this endorsement without service or examination.
Mate
  • 720 days of service in the deck department on Ocean, Near Coastal OR Great Lakes waters, OF WHICH:
  • Service on inland waters, other than GL, may substitute for up to 360 of the total required service, AND
  • 360 days of service on vessels of more than 100 GRT, AND
  • 180 days of service while performing bridge watchkeeping duties under the supervision of the master or a qualified officer; OR
  • 180 days as AB, Boatswain, Quartermaster or equivalent position on vessel over 100GRT (while holding AB) (if service began before March 24, 2014).
OCEANS

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while..i love being on the ocean...im getting a bit old..and worn...of 30 years..on the ocean...good luck to..all...that..would..be mariners..
coast gaurd...is always..your freind...go to there web site.....if you want..a career at it........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
generaly..a..mariner can ..spin..a .tale...but..that is all..i have....for now....maybe..some ..TALL TALES..later....lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariners dont need it...kelly is a free agent soon...bad deal
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fmlb%2Fmariners.png

MARINERS GET
C CARSON KELLY
LHP MADISON BUMGARNER
$15 MILLION

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fmlb%2Fdiamondbacks.png

DIAMONDBACKS GET
C CAL RALEIGH
RHP CONNOR PHILLIPS

i would think about kelly...and beer...they need to trade bumgardner to like cinncinati...while...eating some money...unfortunatly..
or oakland....and no one is taking a flyer..either..

.mariners have,,what they need..for pitching ...yeah..jedi..may come across someone he wants,,,,or may not,,,most likely AAA guys......that...is not a for sure,,...just a most likely

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think when jedi said that...he was thinking cinncinnati....

marinrs cant..go..around..saving every other team.....they have to save themselves

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to see...well they would have to trade one of the other catchers as well not raleigh...torrens7
some how it sounds like...arizonaaaaa..dddreammming....on a deasert day.......walked into....a church....and the diamondbackers begain to...pray...