• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
polanco..3years and an option year..better than oaklands guys..who only have 2 years..

Contract details by year
25$3,583,333$3,583,333$3,583,333$3,583,333($3,583,333)
Contract details by year
26$3,833,333$3,833,333$1,466,049$1,466,049($5,049,382)
Contract details by year
27$4,333,334$4,333,334$4,333,334$4,333,334($9,382,716)
Contract details by year
28$5,500,000$5,150,000$5,500,000$5,500,000$5,500,000($14,882,716)
Contract details by year
29$7,500,000$7,500,000$7,500,000$7,500,000($22,382,716)
Contract details by year
30$10,500,000$10,500,000$10,500,000$1,000,000($23,382,716)
Contract details by year
31$12,000,000$12,000,000$12,000,000-($23,382,716)
Free Agent Year
32UFA

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point...but story..i feel is over priced...but..for maybe one good shot at free agency...i can kind of,...understand..if you say..he is in his prime..
and that he will be going down hill...29mil..is a lot...compared..to12 mil

yes..i would like to add without subtract as well

polanco is a 37..not a chance..
Polanco27Majors2BMedium4.055.824.231.625.231.637.9

back to miranda...lololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miranda an eleven...7
MirandaMinors2B11.79.411.714

and im afraid if i get story..i will still need one more guy...........maybe goodrum..1B/3b/outfield..but.the .options....are not great...........
and if sign story..the money for bryant...will be idk...cuz there is still..suzuki...........maybe 11 mil..to suzuki..but still more to the carps..his old team..

the pitching is fine how..jedi said...they really dont need an other...if brash and /or williamson are ready...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah there is only 1 spot open...i think..so..if story..then frazeir..3B/2b..then..backup 1b..will be need......and still open..
good rum..or miranda..could solve...both play 1b/3b...torro..2b..moore ss

if it was

suzukie...of/dh
miranda..3B
only spend on suzukie
and maybe..find a CF

goodrum..is CF as well
if they story...but they have moore...and carl lewis..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free agent.2b..2023..
Ketel Marte2B28.1SRARI$10,000,000
Adam Frazier2B31.9LRSEA$7,500,000
both are left...frazier..is an all star...........marte..is CF as well...frazier..is utility..as well..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marte value..

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
Frazier2B0.8
frazier value...0.8...does not seem...right

Total Value: 0.80​

marte value..37.3.............i dont know abut that
NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
Marte2B37.3

Total Value: 37.30​

DiamondbacksMariners

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alfonso Rivas #67​

• 1B
  • B/T: L/L
  • 5' 11"/190
SummaryStatsChartsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Alfonso Rivas III
  • Born: 9/13/1996 in Chula Vista, CA
  • Draft: 2018, Oakland Athletics, Round: 4, Overall Pick: 113
  • College: Arizona
  • Debut: 8/29/2021

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
Rivas1B1.8

Total V​

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
GilesRHRP1
MillsRHRP0.6
PerezLHP0.1
TatizRHP0.1

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mranda....and the...hual..

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
Miranda2B11.7

Total Value: 11.70​

NamePositionMTV ($Ms)
CarlsonRHP0.5
GilesRHRP1
Keenan1B1.1
StoudtRHP4.1
TrammellOF

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

glade to hear both sides are working on it...........but​

the fans side is never considerd
we have to take what we get....and pay for r it as well..a DH ruie effects eveyone...i think most want it ....but i do not want..an NBAs style daft..
the nba...sucks..in a lot of ways...making every team..but boston and LA..suck....and.. yeah..maybe chicago...sports writers want that.so all hey have to o all day..is say...labran this and... labran that...you would git so tired of being 1 dimentional...you could ....spit......

no..i dont want..the MLB...to be the ...NBA.....you .bunch of dumb sports writers................

if i waned strawberry ice cream....really...i would have bought it...​

6j6​

Commissioner reiterates desire to make deal​

December 2nd, 2021
Mark Feinsand

Mark Feinsand
@feinsand

Commissioner Press Conference

Dec 2, 2021
·
12:33

Commissioner Press Conference​

On the first day of Major League Baseball’s lockout, Commissioner Rob Manfred reiterated his belief that there is a deal to be made with the MLB Players Association.
Manfred addressed the media on Thursday morning to discuss the league’s decision to implement a lockout following three days of negotiations between the two sides in Irving, Texas.
“We made a proposal yesterday that if it had been accepted, I believe would have provided a pretty clear path to make an agreement,” Manfred said.
“You're always one breakthrough away from a deal. That's the reality … It's my hope and expectation that the parties will get back to the table and get an agreement done.”
Manfred said he was not “frustrated,” but rather “disappointed” that the two sides were unable to work out a deal prior to the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement late Wednesday night.
“I think we're in a process,” Manfred said. “I'm prepared to continue that process and I'm optimistic that we're going to get a deal.”
Jon Morosi updates CBA talks

Dec 2, 2021
·
6:11

Jon Morosi updates CBA talks​

The lockout brought the Hot Stove season to a grinding halt, as Major League transactions – meaning those involving players on 40-man rosters and others considered members of the union – are not permitted. Union members and clubs will not be allowed to communicate with each other until a deal is reached.

All 30 clubs supported the decision to institute the lockout after this week’s talks failed to bring the two sides closer to a deal.
“We came to Texas to make a deal; we committed to the process, we made proposals and it just did not happen,” Manfred said. “After the owners meeting in Chicago, I made clear the rationale for an offseason lockout. It's the norm in professional sports, and we feel it's the best strategy to protect the 2022 season for the benefit of our fans.
“We made the mistake of playing without a Collective Bargaining Agreement in 1994 -- and it cost our fans and our clubs dearly. We will not make that same mistake again.”
Manfred noted that the lockout is a part of the process designed to move the parties toward an agreement.
“People need pressure sometimes to get to an agreement,” Manfred said. “Candidly, we didn't feel that sense of pressure from the other side during the course of this week. The only tool available to you under the [National Labor Relations Act] is to apply economic leverage.”
By locking out the players, Manfred said the league will be less vulnerable to a strike like the one that shut down the sport in August 1994, ultimately canceling the entire postseason and the World Series.
“It’s not a good thing for the sport,” Manfred said of the work stoppage. “It’s not something that we undertake lightly. We understand it’s bad for our business. We took it out of a desire to drive the process forward to an agreement now.
“We wanted to move the process now because we want an agreement now for our fans.”
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark spoke with reporters following Manfred’s press conference, responding to the Commissioner’s comments.
“The lockout won't pressure or intimidate players into a deal that they don't believe is fair,” Clark told the group. “Players are committed to the negotiation process. Players are more than willing to be available now and every day moving forward to continue that process.”
Manfred terms the players’ set of proposals, first made in May, as “aggressive,” specifically pointing to a shortened reserve period for players before reaching free agency, a $100 million reduction in revenue sharing, and cutting salary arbitration down to two years of service time.
“The issues that the players are interested in engaging on has been the same leading up to bargaining, throughout bargaining and will continue to be the same moving forward: a fair contract that maintains a market system and addresses the competitive-integrity issues that we've highlighted for some time,” said Clark.
MLB proposed a number of concessions to address some union concerns including an increase in the minimum salary, the elimination of Draft-pick compensation for all free agents, an NBA-style Draft lottery, an increase in the competitive balance tax threshold, and the universal designated hitter.
“We are willing to continue to commit to the process to get to a fair agreement,” Manfred said. “If that involves making further concessions, it involves making further concessions. Just as a matter of perspective, we proposed the elimination of Draft-choice compensation; this industry had a strike over that issue in 1985. That is a major concession that has been the source of friction as to how the free agency system has operated. We have made concessions.”
“The goal remains the same,” Clark said. “To get a fair deal.”
Much has been made of the contentious nature between the two sides last spring during the return-to-play talks, a perception that has continued into this offseason’s discussions. Asked whether the relations will hinder the road to a deal, Manfred rejected that notion.
“I think people put way too much emphasis on that issue,” Manfred said. “At the end of the day, it's about the substance. We're here, they’re there; we need to find a way to bridge the gap.”
Manfred declined to put a firm deadline by which a deal would have to be reached in order to guarantee a full 162-game season in 2022, saying that speculation of that type would not be productive.
“Despite the lockout, we remain ready to bargain whenever the Players Association wants to bargain,” Manfred said. “And we are steadfast in our desire to get a new agreement.”
Did you like this story?

Mark Feinsand, an executive reporter, originally joined MLB.com as a reporter in 2001. Follow him on Twitter @feinsand.

• OFFICIAL INFORMATION
  • HELP/CONTACT US
  • MORE MLB SITES & AFFILIATES
  • CAREERS
  • MLB.com
  • Boys and Girls Club of America
CONNECT WITH MLB
© 2021 MLB Advanced Media, LP. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if i wanted strawberry ice cream....really...i would have bought it...but now we have to have rasberry ice cream..cuz that is​

what the NBA does....welll...puuuck on them

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want Goodrum . Detroit let him go for a reason . I thought the idea was to improve the team . That more like a Dipto trade just to be trading .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Polanco, but it still means addition with subtraction involved unlike free agency. But I also think it is clear guys are running to sign with us so maybe time to crank up the old Dipoto trade machine.

glade to hear both sides are working on it...........but​

the fans side is never considerd
we have to take what we get....and pay for r it as well..a DH ruie effects eveyone...i think most want it ....but i do not want..an NBAs style daft..
the nba...sucks..in a lot of ways...making every team..but boston and LA..suck....and.. yeah..maybe chicago...sports writers want that.so all hey have to o all day..is say...labran this and... labran that...you would git so tired of being 1 dimentional...you could ....spit......

no..i dont want..the MLB...to be the ...NBA.....you .bunch of dumb sports writers................

if i waned strawberry ice cream....really...i would have bought it...​

6j6​

Commissioner reiterates desire to make deal​

December 2nd, 2021
Mark Feinsand

Mark Feinsand
@feinsand

Commissioner Press Conference

Dec 2, 2021
·
12:33

Commissioner Press Conference​

On the first day of Major League Baseball’s lockout, Commissioner Rob Manfred reiterated his belief that there is a deal to be made with the MLB Players Association.
Manfred addressed the media on Thursday morning to discuss the league’s decision to implement a lockout following three days of negotiations between the two sides in Irving, Texas.
“We made a proposal yesterday that if it had been accepted, I believe would have provided a pretty clear path to make an agreement,” Manfred said.
“You're always one breakthrough away from a deal. That's the reality … It's my hope and expectation that the parties will get back to the table and get an agreement done.”
Manfred said he was not “frustrated,” but rather “disappointed” that the two sides were unable to work out a deal prior to the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement late Wednesday night.
“I think we're in a process,” Manfred said. “I'm prepared to continue that process and I'm optimistic that we're going to get a deal.”
Jon Morosi updates CBA talks

Dec 2, 2021
·
6:11

Jon Morosi updates CBA talks​

The lockout brought the Hot Stove season to a grinding halt, as Major League transactions – meaning those involving players on 40-man rosters and others considered members of the union – are not permitted. Union members and clubs will not be allowed to communicate with each other until a deal is reached.

All 30 clubs supported the decision to institute the lockout after this week’s talks failed to bring the two sides closer to a deal.
“We came to Texas to make a deal; we committed to the process, we made proposals and it just did not happen,” Manfred said. “After the owners meeting in Chicago, I made clear the rationale for an offseason lockout. It's the norm in professional sports, and we feel it's the best strategy to protect the 2022 season for the benefit of our fans.
“We made the mistake of playing without a Collective Bargaining Agreement in 1994 -- and it cost our fans and our clubs dearly. We will not make that same mistake again.”
Manfred noted that the lockout is a part of the process designed to move the parties toward an agreement.
“People need pressure sometimes to get to an agreement,” Manfred said. “Candidly, we didn't feel that sense of pressure from the other side during the course of this week. The only tool available to you under the [National Labor Relations Act] is to apply economic leverage.”
By locking out the players, Manfred said the league will be less vulnerable to a strike like the one that shut down the sport in August 1994, ultimately canceling the entire postseason and the World Series.
“It’s not a good thing for the sport,” Manfred said of the work stoppage. “It’s not something that we undertake lightly. We understand it’s bad for our business. We took it out of a desire to drive the process forward to an agreement now.
“We wanted to move the process now because we want an agreement now for our fans.”
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark spoke with reporters following Manfred’s press conference, responding to the Commissioner’s comments.
“The lockout won't pressure or intimidate players into a deal that they don't believe is fair,” Clark told the group. “Players are committed to the negotiation process. Players are more than willing to be available now and every day moving forward to continue that process.”
Manfred terms the players’ set of proposals, first made in May, as “aggressive,” specifically pointing to a shortened reserve period for players before reaching free agency, a $100 million reduction in revenue sharing, and cutting salary arbitration down to two years of service time.
“The issues that the players are interested in engaging on has been the same leading up to bargaining, throughout bargaining and will continue to be the same moving forward: a fair contract that maintains a market system and addresses the competitive-integrity issues that we've highlighted for some time,” said Clark.
MLB proposed a number of concessions to address some union concerns including an increase in the minimum salary, the elimination of Draft-pick compensation for all free agents, an NBA-style Draft lottery, an increase in the competitive balance tax threshold, and the universal designated hitter.
“We are willing to continue to commit to the process to get to a fair agreement,” Manfred said. “If that involves making further concessions, it involves making further concessions. Just as a matter of perspective, we proposed the elimination of Draft-choice compensation; this industry had a strike over that issue in 1985. That is a major concession that has been the source of friction as to how the free agency system has operated. We have made concessions.”
“The goal remains the same,” Clark said. “To get a fair deal.”
Much has been made of the contentious nature between the two sides last spring during the return-to-play talks, a perception that has continued into this offseason’s discussions. Asked whether the relations will hinder the road to a deal, Manfred rejected that notion.
“I think people put way too much emphasis on that issue,” Manfred said. “At the end of the day, it's about the substance. We're here, they’re there; we need to find a way to bridge the gap.”
Manfred declined to put a firm deadline by which a deal would have to be reached in order to guarantee a full 162-game season in 2022, saying that speculation of that type would not be productive.
“Despite the lockout, we remain ready to bargain whenever the Players Association wants to bargain,” Manfred said. “And we are steadfast in our desire to get a new agreement.”
Did you like this story?

Mark Feinsand, an executive reporter, originally joined MLB.com as a reporter in 2001. Follow him on Twitter @feinsand.

• OFFICIAL INFORMATION
  • HELP/CONTACT US
  • MORE MLB SITES & AFFILIATES
  • CAREERS
  • MLB.com
  • Boys and Girls Club of America
CONNECT WITH MLB
© 2021 MLB Advanced Media, LP. All rights reserved.

Why would you want Goodrum . Detroit let him go for a reason . I thought the idea was to improve the team . That more like a Dipto trade just to be trading .

sorry about the rant.....yeah..but why,,did they have him in the 1st place...he has all he skills..he is just not putting them all together
at the same time...a 5 tool athlete..useing 1 or 2 tool at a time...makes the stats look funky......those tools have to flow out of him...like auto matic..

if that makes any sense.....iiyi yi....any way...he has th skills..teams will keep giving him a shot.....no he is no bryant...but if he puts it all together...he could be as good or better..
he was traded,,,from the twins..cuz..detroit wanted him...teams dont trade for guys they dont want

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so maybe detroit was the wrong spot.....maybe he needed a diff team...after the pandemic...tons of guys did poorly..in and after
the pandemic....you can see it n a lot of guys stats....why...i do not know...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this as well. My point was not to let the length of contract from signing him, but if you question his ability going forward then pass. I mentioned it before that he played nearly half his games in a AAA field this past year.
Fair, but you would go back and offer Nelson Cruz a long term deal at the same age? Both guys were high upside prospects that couldn’t ever put it together then finally did and are always at least in a convo for MVP. Physical prime isn’t the same for everyone and Semien hit his late.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here he goes 5for 5 cant remember the last time a mariner did that

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed I dont really see a spot for him, especially with Toro here. I am also banking on us ending up with Story, Bryant or a trade option

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but you would go back and offer Nelson Cruz a long term deal at the same age? Both guys were high upside prospects that couldn’t ever put it together then finally did and are always at least in a convo for MVP. Physical prime isn’t the same for everyone and Semien hit his late.
Cruz was a DH ability wise so he would not have most likely gotten a 7 year deal. I think his type player is a 4 year max deal. Semien being a versatile plus glove infielder with power is more unique. I can definitely see why they offered him that deal to get him. I still question which guy he is. He is a lifetime .256 hitter and only hit .265 last year. His power numbers were up, but ballpark had to play a part in that...and as I say that his home and away splits were even...lol. Maybe Toronto got the bouncy balls from MLB.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I again have reservations on him but not because of Coors so much though I get your point. I just see how he regressed last year and injuries are starting to add up for him. I mean he would be a big improvement from what we have, but are you willing to give up $25M a year of your self imposed payroll limit for an iffy star? Maybe...maybe not.

I would go after Suzuki at $11M p/y and then add Bryant and trade for a #2 SP. Deal Kelenic for Reynolds (ya you talked me into it).
Injuries, regression, the fact that he'd be moving from short to third, and the home away splits have me concerned that we'd be paying star money to a guy who wouldn't be the player he was in Colorado. I know that the splits don't concern you as much, but the fact that he plays in probably the best hitters park in baseball tells me it's not just that he's more comfortable at home but that Coors really does inflate his numbers at the plate.

Call me crazy but if you're going to break the bank on a SS and move them to third, I'd rather it be Carlos Correa. It would never happen but I would rather give Carlos Correa 10 years $320m (what MLBTR has projected) than give Trevor Story 6 years $126m.

More realistically, I'd like to see them do what you proposed. Add Suzuki for $11m a year, sign Bryant for whatever it costs and put him at third and move Kelenic for Reynolds (although there isn't any reason to believe that will happen).

I have to end by saying that I think this is the first time I convinced you of anything... You start drinking or something? Lol