• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough regarding the book. I was still pretty young when I read it, so I might have a different take on it today. I know I'm not going to change your mind on this, but the author - Michael Lewis - is an incredible writer and I don't think he was trying to push propaganda. I've read all of his books and the only one I'd say is propaganda is when he did a book on various federal governmental agencies being undermined by the Trump administration. I do believe that in the aggregate that statistical analysis applied to baseball works, but it isn't without flaws. I know we have our differences on this, so I'll leave it there.

Obviously the football analogy is flawed - and the NBA analogy is definitely better - but I think you get the point I was trying to drive home. As much as I believe Servais to be a mediocre manager, I actually disagree with you on this one. Whenever Kelenic gets a bad call, he just needs to realize that's part of the game and he can't throw a bitch fit about it. That's only going to get him more frustrated. I feel like if Servais were to run out there whenever Kelenic gets a bad call, that just validates his frustrations and he's only going to get more in his own head.

I agree that Dipoto did box himself in by not backing down on JP being the SS. Honestly I think this was mostly just trying to appease J.P. who has become a leader on this team. I think the Mariners would've had more flexibility in free agency if they were willing to move J.P. to second. This could go back to your argument that Dipoto can't attract hitters, but if you're saying to a star free agent who insists on playing SS that you're not willing play him there because you have an above average player already there who has just one good season at the plate, that's not a great pitch.
Without question Kelenic needs to become more “professional” but he is still young as shit considering he lost a full year and needs some kind of protection from himself. It may be self inflicted but he if starts getting a bad reputation it will torpedo him as a Mariner. I’m not saying Servais should run out every time nor is it really his job to be the protector. But IMO if a player is having issues with calls it helps a player get over his mental funk by having the manager getting ejected by “having his back”. It would also be a good indicator on Kelenic’ mind if Servais runs out and gets tossed on what he would do. Would he still get tossed or would he perk up saying he has my back. Just different philosophies on that player psychology I guess.

Well it just seems foolish to me that Jerry planted his flag with JP essentially starting the off-season with piss off Correa and in a way to his number 1 target in Semien because I think he would’ve loved to play SS again and it put them at the back of any Story negotiations. If JP is becoming a team leader then a leader would switch positions to bring him team a championship. Not at all saying he refused to switch positions at all but I think it would be foolish if a player like JP would consider a move to starting 2B would be a demotion.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that the Crawford signing was a huge step forward for our young ball club... He plays exceptional defense and it seems to me that he's solid on the base path... He also has a decent bat but I feel he makes up for it with his defense... He's also a great leader in the clubhouse - the young guys look up to him... Hopefully his leadership and commitment to the ball club will be contagious with the rest of the young guys that are looking for a future contract... By no means did we break the bank for JP so it's a club friendly deal that I can live with...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that the Crawford signing was a huge step forward for our young ball club... He plays exceptional defense and it seems to me that he's solid on the base path... He also has a decent bat but I feel he makes up for it with his defense... He's also a great leader in the clubhouse - the young guys look up to him... Hopefully his leadership and commitment to the ball club will be contagious with the rest of the young guys that are looking for a future contract... By no means did we break the bank for JP so it's a club friendly deal that I can live with...
The cost was cheap in todays game. I like it. Of course I liked the Evan White deal also...

No I do like this deal.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...who do i value...........judge above....most certainly.....but i consider.. haniger the same.....maney do not..
so...lets go with...who i draft........
Corbin Burnes
Robbie Ray
Jake Cronenworth....why..i have a 4 position player..right here

Salvador Perez...and later/ mike zanino..i work them at catcher..and utility...it works..thats why i do...

next

Dylan Cease
joe Musgrove..yep 2 pitchers
cris taylor...i missed him and dont know who has him..but..next...........2 so versatile players at the top....built in....that is the stuff............
haniger......................................which would be judge...for some
france

if i go one more position player...it tyler oniel right here...if not../

flexen/....
gonzales..................

so win over..re-place....cronan..and taylor are worth ..more..to me...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...
you could go an other pitcher here...just..depends
3b
lf/cf
cf next

then some one position players are ok....

or more utilitys

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no wonder..i could not find talor i have ..him

i missed....cronan...but my replace..for him i got..Ryan McMahon..and..next..cris bryant...??...sure..going side ways..

a good value...
no one is drafting...

Nick Madrigal

Adam Frazier

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did not know...but showed a glow...
..could it be...

he wouldee..

even if he shoudee.....

couldeeee.....with out a doubt..

shout it out..........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while...i was....
criming a rime............
out in the sun..shine...
had a wraple....and a grapple...

found..it in shackle........

going through ...block and takle

so i gave it a wrestle...a whisle.....and a fissel..

scooped it up..with a bissel..

then shotting...a misss....le

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
translation...

found a girl....
fell in love..

while we discused.....as much.....we fell..in trust..

but the crime is the translation dont rime...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an insepiration vacation.....

dont git a citation...

here...some ..lather..

or would you....rather....................

(click)

....................bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we are not getting an upgrade at SS . 5 years of Crawford . Lousy hitter and base runner .
That isn’t fair dude. Crawford has shown to be a solid player worth every dime he got. Thus far he has shown he is a fringe all star level type player that hasn’t hit his prime yet. He has taken baseball seriously just by looking at his body where he has “bulked up”. I don’t see how his extension could be seen in any single negative way.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
down ...
central
cali...

they have a valley....

but the bee,s got disease....

and was gittin the freeze..........

not polin the trees..........

not much to discuse................

yep.....pritty rough...........

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now im playing a fiddle.......

not quoting a riddle................

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hit it fog horn..........

i said....a hey diddle...do..a little..with that fiddle.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we can agree.....its good...cuz the bees...be on there knees...

Last edited: