• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid reason but I am glad Bauers is gone. It is the number Julio always get in my MLB the Show game.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is the possibility of trades. While teams are not allowed to sign free agents until five days after the completion of the World Series, trades can occur 24 hours after the final pitch. In his end-of-season press conference, Dipoto said that he anticipates being “very aggressive out of the gates” when the market opens. And conversations with other teams have already begun, as he said Thursday morning.

“The teams that are not involved in the postseason, we talk on a daily, weekly basis. (We) check in with the other teams, determine what their direction is, where you might match up in trade,” he told Mike Salk during the weekly Jerry Dipoto Show, which airs live at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday on 710 ESPN Seattle.

The work for the moment is preliminary, but it’s expected to escalate quickly with the start of general manager meetings Nov. 9 in Carlsbad, Calif.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaces Giants with Mariners and this could be fun. Chapman and Olson is a good start. I'll take some pitching as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaces Giants with Mariners and this could be fun. Chapman and Olson is a good start. I'll take some pitching as well.

Think the A’s would trade with the Giants just to spite the Padres? Seems a weird reason but the A’s every few years don’t make a lot sense with their actions within that moment

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is the possibility of trades. While teams are not allowed to sign free agents until five days after the completion of the World Series, trades can occur 24 hours after the final pitch. In his end-of-season press conference, Dipoto said that he anticipates being “very aggressive out of the gates” when the market opens. And conversations with other teams have already begun, as he said Thursday morning.

“The teams that are not involved in the postseason, we talk on a daily, weekly basis. (We) check in with the other teams, determine what their direction is, where you might match up in trade,” he told Mike Salk during the weekly Jerry Dipoto Show, which airs live at 8:30 a.m. every Thursday on 710 ESPN Seattle.

The work for the moment is preliminary, but it’s expected to escalate quickly with the start of general manager meetings Nov. 9 in Carlsbad, Calif.
Without going into absolute fantasy mode, who do you think are the guys who could be available via trade that we could target?

I know it's dependent on the player, but how aggressive do you think the Mariners should be with offering any of our top 5 prospects?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have already been posted but what do you guys think about this?

Chicago Cubs trade C Willson Contreras to Seattle Mariners for C Tom Murphy, LHP Brandon Williamson

Or

Chicago Cubs trade C Willson Contreras to Seattle Mariners for C Tom Murphy, RHP Juan Then, RHP Levi Stoudt

I'd honestly do either in a second. Although then this would bring up the question of what to do with Cal Raleigh...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start another thread. WTG Nellie :10: :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I think he should've been considered because of the fact that he had never played first much in his career and played well.
He was actually ranked top 3 in those defensive metrics and the Angels player that made the finals list was a 2nd page rated 1B so it makes no sense.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chicago Cubs trade C Willson Contreras to Seattle Mariners for C Tom Murphy, LHP Brandon Williamson

Or

Chicago Cubs trade C Willson Contreras to Seattle Mariners for C Tom Murphy, RHP Juan Then, RHP Levi Stoudt

I'd honestly do either in a second. Although then this would bring up the question of what to do with Cal Raleigh...
Only one year of contract left so I would pass.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going into absolute fantasy mode, who do you think are the guys who could be available via trade that we could target?

I know it's dependent on the player, but how aggressive do you think the Mariners should be with offering any of our top 5 prospects?
Trade targets with Dipoto would be impossible to say. It should be fun once the series is over with.

As far as how aggressive, for me it has to be a top shelf player with at least 3 years on contract left. I don't get the trading part as long as you have money to buy a player. But we all know how Dipoto works so buckle in.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classless move (or typical Mariners move). Can't even call the guy, Jerry?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

Minors to start. This team really didnt give him a chance or he didnt prove himself enough to get every day ABs. Felt like murphy played more once he was called up, so Im for just having him get some abs somewhere to start.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

The second one yes, I don’t want them getting rid of Williamson. I know he is a starter but IMO he is going to either be the closer of the future or the high leverage lefty in the pen.

It would be perfect for Raleigh honestly. I do not think he is an everyday starter. Even if he does turn into one he can’t be penciled in if Jerry is serious about winning this up coming year. Plus with how analytics are going a backup catcher (Raleigh) is vital and he showed at least serviceable versatility in Tacoma as a 1B.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is gets more odd

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually ranked top 3 in those defensive metrics and the Angels player that made the finals list was a 2nd page rated 1B so it makes no sense.
Interesting. I hadn't really looked too much into his defensive metrics but thought he passed the eye test really well in the games I had watched. I didn't know he had played THAT well at first. That's a shame he didn't receive any recognition.

Hot take: This solidifies my opinion that France is the best player on the team. Had Ty France not taken that pitch to the forearm and played through the pain, I really believe he would've hit well over .300 for the season. His numbers lagged a bit after that happened, and I'm assuming he was fully healed by after the All-Star break because France hit .321/393/.480 with 10 HRs and 89 hits in the final 72 games. That's over 200 hits in a 162 game season.