• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one year of contract left so I would pass.
Here is my counter argument: I feel like the proposed trade would be a steal and it's not like the Mariners don't have the money to extend him. At this point with how much money the Mariners have free to spend, I see no reason to see contract considerations as any constraint in trade talks.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade targets with Dipoto would be impossible to say. It should be fun once the series is over with.

As far as how aggressive, for me it has to be a top shelf player with at least 3 years on contract left. I don't get the trading part as long as you have money to buy a player. But we all know how Dipoto works so buckle in.
Following up on this question (I'd be surprised if this hasn't been mentioned already);

Given this report if Kris Bryant does hit the open market I would be very surprised if the Mariners aren't aggressive in pursuing him.

The Bryan Reynolds rumor I also find very interesting. Divish reported that the Mariners have tried to trade for him twice. To be frank I hadn't heard of him before looking at this rumor, but he looks like he'd be a great acquisition given his age and performance so far. This rumor says they asked for Julio, but I wouldn't trade him for just about anything. Call me crazy, but I'd trade Kelenic for him.

Given this report I'm thinking it's safe to assume the Mariners will be aggressive when it comes to the outfield. Given the fact that we already have Haniger, Kelenic, Julio and Kyle Lewis in the organization, I wonder if this is an indication that the Mariners aren't too optimistic on the long-term future of Kyle Lewis.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second one yes, I don’t want them getting rid of Williamson. I know he is a starter but IMO he is going to either be the closer of the future or the high leverage lefty in the pen.

It would be perfect for Raleigh honestly. I do not think he is an everyday starter. Even if he does turn into one he can’t be penciled in if Jerry is serious about winning this up coming year. Plus with how analytics are going a backup catcher (Raleigh) is vital and he showed at least serviceable versatility in Tacoma as a 1B.
The reason I like this trade idea is because our offensive output from our catchers was absolutely abysmal and I feel like is one of the biggest areas the team could look to upgrade this offseason.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following up on this question (I'd be surprised if this hasn't been mentioned already);

Given this report if Kris Bryant does hit the open market I would be very surprised if the Mariners aren't aggressive in pursuing him.

The Bryan Reynolds rumor I also find very interesting. Divish reported that the Mariners have tried to trade for him twice. To be frank I hadn't heard of him before looking at this rumor, but he looks like he'd be a great acquisition given his age and performance so far. This rumor says they asked for Julio, but I wouldn't trade him for just about anything. Call me crazy, but I'd trade Kelenic for him.

Given this report I'm thinking it's safe to assume the Mariners will be aggressive when it comes to the outfield. Given the fact that we already have Haniger, Kelenic, Julio and Kyle Lewis in the organization, I wonder if this is an indication that the Mariners aren't too optimistic on the long-term future of Kyle Lewis.
Yea Lewis hasnt managed a full season worth of games yet and he's the only one you can consider a CF option. Haniger is ideally a DH only and Kelenic really wasnt great in the field either. Julio we expect to be great but that is also unknown at this point. OF is very much a need for me

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this really is pathetic if true.
Divish clarified that Dipoto had attempted to call Seager but was unable to get in contact with him.

"Multiple team sources and another MLB source said general manager Jerry Dipoto did attempt to notify Seager via phone call and text message Wednesday that the organization was declining the option. And when Seager couldn’t be reached, Dipoto informed Andrew Lowenthal, Seager’s representative at Jet Sports, instead and that the email was just a formality."

Even though Dipoto technically "tried," it's still absolutely classless the way he handled this. Even if Dipoto somehow ends up constructing a roster that brings us to the World Series (LOL), I'll always deeply dislike him because he's such a prick.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I was talking to my friend about the Seager thing and I really do believe that Dipoto doesn't want a single person in the organization to have any involvement in "his" rebuild of the team. Even if Seager's option was reasonable, Dipoto would've declined it because he doesn't want a holdover from a previous regime playing any role in his presumptive success.

I really do believe Dipoto to be a narcissistic, egotistical douchebag in the most extensive way. He's the type of guy who would tell a kid asking for a photo to go fuck off and stop wasting his time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Lewis hasnt managed a full season worth of games yet and he's the only one you can consider a CF option. Haniger is ideally a DH only and Kelenic really wasnt great in the field either. Julio we expect to be great but that is also unknown at this point. OF is very much a need for me
My biggest concern about Lewis is that I believe this is like his 4th different knee injury.

I know a number of people who have had a number of sports related injuries and it doesn't seem to get any better with age.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my counter argument: I feel like the proposed trade would be a steal and it's not like the Mariners don't have the money to extend him. At this point with how much money the Mariners have free to spend, I see no reason to see contract considerations as any constraint in trade talks.
But the player has to want to extend. Not just about the money.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divish clarified that Dipoto had attempted to call Seager but was unable to get in contact with him.

"Multiple team sources and another MLB source said general manager Jerry Dipoto did attempt to notify Seager via phone call and text message Wednesday that the organization was declining the option. And when Seager couldn’t be reached, Dipoto informed Andrew Lowenthal, Seager’s representative at Jet Sports, instead and that the email was just a formality."

Even though Dipoto technically "tried," it's still absolutely classless the way he handled this. Even if Dipoto somehow ends up constructing a roster that brings us to the World Series (LOL), I'll always deeply dislike him because he's such a prick.
Kind of why I hate just headlines. But it still is a shitty thing to do. But we have heard from Kyle’s camp Jerry hasn’t talked to him in X but Jerry disputed that. With all the tears that Kyle and teammates had on the last game did he, his family and representatives expect something more? I really hate the way it all went down and seems massively weird going into a year where they want to “win” you aren’t even attempting to bring back your at minimum 2nd best player.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I was talking to my friend about the Seager thing and I really do believe that Dipoto doesn't want a single person in the organization to have any involvement in "his" rebuild of the team. Even if Seager's option was reasonable, Dipoto would've declined it because he doesn't want a holdover from a previous regime playing any role in his presumptive success.

I really do believe Dipoto to be a narcissistic, egotistical douchebag in the most extensive way. He's the type of guy who would tell a kid asking for a photo to go fuck off and stop wasting his time.
Side not on the firing, the Stiles guy went to my high school a few years after me. I don't know him, but small world. He must have been a Seager fan...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so weird on so many levels. Why is it public, why fire him instead of pushing him out the grounds crews. He had to have cross Jerry somehow, while it isn’t an easy job, the most important role of a clubhouse manager is to essentially be mentally tough enough to be a whipping boy. You get chewed out by players and umpires for decisions you don’t make, you get chew out by management if you don’t “babysit” the players well.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah we almost lost him...

Jake Bauers reminds me of this song.

Paul Simon on writing Mrs. Robinson.

yeah......the thing......is....baur..........has no value.........at the major league...LVL........so.....slipped through.......waviers..a HS...drafted guy...that..tampa brought up...early....like the mariners..did..white.......cuz.....tampa needed..someone...then.....in 2018...he was..22..years old....
he just turned......26...in october.....

you will excuse...me....if....i still see...value....in bauer...........cuz..i have followed..him..basicly...sense..he was at AA...with tampa....

Photo of Jake Bauers

Jake Bauers​

Positions: First Baseman and Leftfielder
Bats: Left • Throws: Left
6-1, 195lb (185cm, 88kg)
Team: Seattle Mariners (majors)
Born: October 6, 1995 (Age: 26-027d) in Newport Beach, CA us
Draft: Drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 7th round of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Marina HS (Huntington Beach, CA).

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bauer..and white.....at tacoma....???...not bad.......

the mariners......need.....MLB.talent....now..........YEP......yeah...and..france..is..good...YEP

25 years old...........evan....white.

Photo of Evan White

Evan White​

Position: First Baseman
Bats: Right • Throws: Left
6-3, 220lb (190cm, 99kg)
Team: Seattle Mariners (majors, 60-day IL)
Born: April 26, 1996 (Age: 25-190d) in Columbus, OH us
Draft: Drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 1st round (17th) of the 2017 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of Kentucky (Lexington, KY).

they need to get to..ahhh...maybe 28..........before...i start..to say...aaaaaahhhh...let um ..GO

there are not ...tons..of gooood...1st base guys...in...mlb....right now..........there...will be ......soon......

between now..and then......i can ..see giving these 2 guys...time at at...AAA

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who..is prob gone.....
Jack Reinheimer 7
Sam Travis 12
Jantzen Witte 35
Dillon Thomas 20
this is only maybe...as well....

Kristopher Negron 1....no not this guy......manager of tacoma...

some guys..may..need ..minors contracts..
Shed Long Jr. 4
Jake Bauers 5...1B......RF....L/L
Marcus Wilson........CF
Sam Haggerty 0............utility

why would they not offer..these guys..that
likly at tacoma as well....
José Godoy 78...catch...L/L
Luis Torrens 22.........C/DH/..1B
Evan White 12
Kevin Padlo 30..........3B
Donovan Walton 8.............SS....L/L
Kyle Lewis 1 IL-60.........only maybe.........if they feel.......he needs more..work outs............he will never be off the 40 man....

Justin Dunn 35 its hard to say...but dunn...is good so.......he wont be off the 40 man either

must be put on the 40 man......
Julio Rodríguez 41R/R6' 3"18012/29/2000ActiveNo
As for the Rule 5 Draft, the deadline for prospects to be added to the 40-man to protect them from being taken by other clubs is Dec. 1, which will happen as scheduled because the current collective bargaining agreement doesn't expire until the end of that day. Among the Mariners’ Top 30 prospects that will be need to be protected are outfielders Julio Rodríguez (No. 1) and Alberto Rodriguez (No. 21) and right-hander Sam Carlson (No. 24).

alberto....is at..High ..A...and carlson......is at low A..hardly..rule 5 matierial.........

if they need 40 man space........then trade,,.
Juan Then 43...................

and anytime...this guy..is ready.......
Roenis Elías...........L/L

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some guys..may..need ..minors contracts..
Shed Long Jr. 4
Jake Bauers 5...1B......RF....L/L
Marcus Wilson........CF
Sam Haggerty 0............utility
yeah...i would ......at least one year...for these guys.......i dont like to give up ........if ..they dont make it...ok then............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis 1 IL-60.........only maybe.........if they feel.......he needs more..work outs............he will never be off the 40 man....

iffff.......lewis is back...........getting..Bryan Reynolds 10...

would be re·dun·dant.........

1 not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous.
2 no longer employed because there is no more work available..
3 able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function.

but bringing up .
Julio Rodríguez 41R/R6' 3"18012/29/2000ActiveNo
or

would not be

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like this trade........
NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
GlennMinors2B1.311.31.6
Park25Majors2BSSMedium6.01.90.61.311.31.6

Total Value: 2.60​

Pirates

NameAgeLevelP1P2AvailablilityYearsAFVSalarySurplusLowMedianHigh
PhillipsMinorsRHP2.62.12.63.1
to go with ...moore...park..is a LH...utility.
glenn.....3B/2B............dallas baptist......

while i double up on..and with......

#15 James Parker​

hoping for.......
Pause
Knight, Austin

14AUSTIN KNIGHT

• HEIGHT 6-1
  • WEIGHT 180
  • CLASS Junior
  • HOMETOWN Jacksonville, Fla.
  • HIGHSCH
2021: Collegiate Baseball First Team All-American, ABCA/Rawlings Second Team All-American, NCBWA Third Team All-American, ABCA All-Atlantic Region First Team, Conference USA Player of the Year, Conference USA Newcomer of the Year, Conference USA First Team, Golden Spikes Award Semifinalist, Dick Howser Trophy Semifinalist, C-USA Hitter of the Week, 4/26 ... started a record-setting season with back-to-back three-hit games in a .538 hitting weekend vs. Morehead State with a couple of home runs, one of them a grand slam, with three doubles, eight RBI and five runs scored ... hit .400 with two more dingers, six RBI and three runs scored in the next weekend's sweep of William & Mary ... recorded the final out in a 9-0 shutout win over his former teammates vs. Tennessee on March 9th ... led the team hitting .455 with four doubles and four RBI in series win over Rhode Island ... did the same for the second-straight weekend sporting a .562 average in C-USA opening series win at WKU tying a school record for the second time with three doubles on March 28th ... continued his monster tear at the plate hitting .353 in four-game sweep of Florida Atlantic going 6-for-17 with two doubles, a triple and two home runs with seven RBI and five runs scored ... belted two bombs including the go-ahead three-run blast in 11-8 win at App. State on April 20th becoming the first Niner to drive in six runs during a game since 2011 ... earned his Hitter of the Week honors with the App. State game and a .429 week at the plate including a series win over #20 Old Dominion ... hit .400 and moved into the program's top-five for single season doubles with two against Marshall adding four RBI and seven runs scored ... finished the year with 29 doubles, tied for the second-most in school history ... tied a school postseason record getting plunked twice in the NCAA Greenville Regional contest vs. Maryland on June 4th ... hit .342 on the year with his 29 doubles to go along with 11 homers and 63 RBI ... recorded 80 hits with 59 runs scored, 15 walks and 13 stolen bases ... led the team in hits, runs, doubles and RBI ... recorded 10 games with three hits and recorded three doubles in a game twice leading the team with 21 multi-hit games and 15-multi RBI games driving in at-least three runs in nine of those 15 ... became just one of four players nationally with 50 runs/70 hits/50 RBI during the regular season.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with this article I read on lookout landing.

This wouldn't help the immediate future of the team but I definitely think this would be a great move.
i understand..and..i get it...but to make it to the world series...you need more.than 40 guys...from season..begin..to season end....the more guys you aready have..the better off you are...hence...

wins..above...re-placment...cuz...they know....it

right now...ill take..france...as 1st base...HECK..yeah...but...what about..if he is inured.....and he was for a short time...last year.....

unlikely Glasnow will pitch in 2022 after undergoing Tommy John surgery in August, so the Rays are essentially on the hook for quite a bit of money for one more year of service

im thinking playoffs..in..2022.....no 2023.....
flexen...14-6
202126SEAAL146.7003.6131310000179.21857472194001254027411153.891.2529.31.02.0
glasnow,,never more than 6 wins,,,no..........no thank ....you
201925TBRAL61.8571.781212000060.24013124140760022302482.260.8905.90.62.111.35.43
202026TBRAL51.8334.081111000057.143262611220910072381003.661.1346.81.73.514.34.14
202127TBRAL52.7142.661414000088.0552626102701230083401492.770.9325.61.02.812.64.56

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think that Kelenic will look a lot better in 2022 than he did in 2021.

Kelenic hit .248/.331/.524 with 7 HRs, 6 doubles, 20 RBIs, a triple and 3 steals in his last 29 games. That would be 34 doubles, 6 triples, 39 HRs, 17 steals, and 112 RBIs over a 162 game season.

In comparison, Kelenic hit .151/.236/.272 in his first 64 games with 7 doubles, 7 HRs, 23 RBIs, and 3 steals. It would appear he figured something out at the plate the last month of the season.
agreed..........fraley is up no matter.prob as 4th guy.........but we could be looking at ..trammell...or julio..ROD...if julio...haniger...could CF...
with julio..in right.......

if trammell...then...trammell..in CF