• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Trade Chatter

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Giants could pry Clint Frazier away from the Yankees. Get that man out of New York already!
We don’t really need outfielders, though. I want tinstaapp!!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors released their top 50 names of those likely to be traded. Here's who made the list for the Giants and their ranking (in terms of highest value, not likelihood of being traded):
7. Kevin Gausman
8. Tony Watson
26. Wilmer Flores
30. Johnny Cueto
42. Mike Yastrzemski

They also listed Drew Smyly and Jeff Samardzija as likely candidates if they were not on the injured list. A bit surprised that Brandon Belt didn't make the list at all.

And a few former Giants:
9. Kevin Pillar
13. Derek Holland

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors released their top 50 names of those likely to be traded. Here's who made the list for the Giants and their ranking (in terms of highest value, not likelihood of being traded):
7. Kevin Gausman
8. Tony Watson
26. Wilmer Flores
30. Johnny Cueto
42. Mike Yastrzemski

They also listed Drew Smyly and Jeff Samardzija as likely candidates if they were not on the injured list. A bit surprised that Brandon Belt didn't make the list at all.

And a few former Giants:
9. Kevin Pillar
13. Derek Holland
Yaz as the 42nd highest value?

if that has any basis in reality, keep him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coupla things.... A solid staff without an ace can be a perfectly good strategy IMO. Need to be solid top to bottom including bully
For the regular season, yes. But for the playoffs, you need AT LEAST one absolute beast Ace (Timmeh in ‘10, Bum in ‘12 and ‘14).

One of the things I LOVE about baseball (MLB specifically) is that the regular season and post season are two different games. And you need to understand both in order to win. The regular season is a marathon and depth is king. The post season is a sprint, and the most top-heavy team is in the best position. A team that is JUST deep, but doesn’t have the beastly studs will kick ass in the regular season, but will have trouble with the all-in mentality of the post season. Conversely, a team that is build only for the studs will not be able to handle the rigors of the regular season. So even though a team like the Angels might do very well in the playoffs, they can’t get there to show off.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than possibly getting rid of Shark, JC, and of course fringe players like Brantley, I really hope we don't make any moves this season.

Let's stay the course and see where the dust settles for 2020.

Getting to/above .500 would be a real accomplishment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than possibly getting rid of Shark, JC, and of course fringe players like Brantley, I really hope we don't make any moves this season.

Let's stay the course and see where the dust settles for 2020.

Getting to/above .500 would be a real accomplishment.
Shark isn't going anywhere, he's untradable. But his deal ends this year. Need to trade Gausman too

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the regular season, yes. But for the playoffs, you need AT LEAST one absolute beast Ace (Timmeh in ‘10, Bum in ‘12 and ‘14).

One of the things I LOVE about baseball (MLB specifically) is that the regular season and post season are two different games. And you need to understand both in order to win. The regular season is a marathon and depth is king. The post season is a sprint, and the most top-heavy team is in the best position. A team that is JUST deep, but doesn’t have the beastly studs will kick ass in the regular season, but will have trouble with the all-in mentality of the post season. Conversely, a team that is build only for the studs will not be able to handle the rigors of the regular season. So even though a team like the Angels might do very well in the playoffs, they can’t get there to show off.
Another reason the Giants shouldn't treat this year like it "counts"...no real regular season, bunch of mediocre teams in the "playoffs".

Trade who you can no matter the record, FZ

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason the Giants shouldn't treat this year like it "counts"...no real regular season, bunch of mediocre teams in the "playoffs".

Trade who you can no matter the record, FZ
Sure, we could easily get in (unless the team tanks in the 2nd half like the pattern of the past few years) but can FZ and Harris really cobble together enough pieces to make this team actually win any series?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we could easily get in (unless the team tanks in the 2nd half like the pattern of the past few years) but can FZ and Harris really cobble together enough pieces to make this team actually win any series?
Not enough to win a ring, no. Keep rebuilding.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Kevin Gausman
8. Tony Watson
26. Wilmer Flores
30. Johnny Cueto
42. Mike Yastrzemski

And a few former Giants:
9. Kevin Pillar
13. Derek Holland

It does say value AND likelihood of being traded, which makes a bit more sense. Yaz being 42 on value makes absolutely no sense, but with likelihood taken into account, I can see that. Giants only move him if they're blown away.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark isn't going anywhere, he's untradable. But his deal ends this year. Need to trade Gausman too

tenor.gif

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does say value AND likelihood of being traded, which makes a bit more sense. Yaz being 42 on value makes absolutely no sense, but with likelihood taken into account, I can see that. Giants only move him if they're blown away.
Yeah, I jumped the gun on describing how that list is formed. I thought I remember it being value only on last year's list and skipped directly to the list this year. I went back to read it later and thought wasn't worth an update (i.e. I was feeling too lazy to correct myself).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I jumped the gun on describing how that list is formed. I thought I remember it being value only on last year's list and skipped directly to the list this year. I went back to read it later and thought wasn't worth an update (i.e. I was feeling too lazy to correct myself).
I am always too lazy to correct myself. Or acknowledge when I am wrong. Or remember our first baseman’s name.

But I have plenty of energy (and Olympic-level flexibility) when it comes to patting myself on the back...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always too lazy to correct myself. Or acknowledge when I am wrong. Or remember our first baseman’s name.

But I have plenty of energy (and Olympic-level flexibility) when it comes to patting myself on the back...
You have to prioritize.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right?

Remember that time you said you loved #25 because he took steroids... wait...

:dhd::dhd::dhd:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skillz gotta skillz.