• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Trade Chatter

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they buy it will be for Trevor Gott type pitchers — some promise and low cost. Also, they could go for a regarded prospect in a salary dump, similar to Cozart.

they aren’t trading any of the top prospects though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they buy it will be for Trevor Gott type pitchers — some promise and low cost. Also, they could go for a regarded prospect in a salary dump, similar to Cozart.

they aren’t trading any of the top prospects though.
If they are really interested in Bradley, Jr or starting pitching, I doubt that some prospects won't be flipped. Just hope its not any of our top 10.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are really interested in Bradley, Jr or starting pitching, I doubt that some prospects won't be flipped. Just hope its not any of our top 10.

I guess it’s POSSIBLE they’d trade a top ten prospect, but I doubt it’d be for Bradley. He’s 30 and not having a particularly good year. Some power, but if we get him I don’t think we’ll give up much to do so.

He’s a 30 yo CF rental. I just don’t see us giving up much value here.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it’s POSSIBLE they’d trade a top ten prospect, but I doubt it’d be for Bradley. He’s 30 and not having a particularly good year. Some power, but if we get him I don’t think we’ll give up much to do so.

He’s a 30 yo CF rental. I just don’t see us giving up much value here.
I don't know about that. The Rockies just gave up their 7th and 14th best prospects (plus PTBNL) for a 30 year old relief pitcher who isn't a free agent until after the 2021 season. If a relief pitcher demands that kind of haul, the Red Sox may not ask for much less, especially considering his defensive reputation.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. The Rockies just gave up their 7th and 14th best prospects (plus PTBNL) for a 30 year old relief pitcher who isn't a free agent until after the 2021 season. If a relief pitcher demands that kind of haul, the Red Sox may not ask for much less, especially considering his defensive reputation.
Two things:

that pitcher isn’t a rental

Just because the Sox ask doesn’t mean FZ gives.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:

that pitcher isn’t a rental

Just because the Sox ask doesn’t mean FZ gives.
But he is a relief pitcher and the market builds on itself. I haven't heard where the two prospects were ranked but the Padres gave up two for a left handed platoon for the dh spot. Moreland is a rental from Boston.
And yes, FZ can say no. Will he?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Shulman today:

I'm not going to sit here and untruthfully tell you I know which way Zaidi is going to go, but I can say this: He will not give up any significant portion of the future unless he gets something back that significantly helps the future. Not saying he won't deal for a rental ...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thought about Clevinger is more about what your alluding to, completely breaking the team rules. He may have thrown his last pitch for the Indians.

But just in general, the Indians are pretty cheap and may not want to pay Clevinger the big bucks he's soon to be owed.
Whelp, the Indians did indeed ship him and we now know the cost of acquiring him.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys in SF hear anything? I think we stood pat.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys in SF hear anything? I think we stood pat.
That is what it looks like. While I'm glad to see that no prospects were given away for rentals, I'm not sure I like the no prospects coming over either. Maybe, at tzill says, had there been value returned, some of our guys would have been traded. However, I cannot imagine, given some of the trades made these past couple of days, that none of the Giants' players would have gotten value in return.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what it looks like. While I'm glad to see that no prospects were given away for rentals, I'm not sure I like the no prospects coming over either. Maybe, at tzill says, had there been value returned, some of our guys would have been traded. However, I cannot imagine, given some of the trades made these past couple of days, that none of the Giants' players would have gotten value in return.

I was hoping that Farhan was going to use the Giants “deep pockets” as ways to get prospects. Like eating all of Belts/Curto’s contract for a good player.
But alas, maybe there was nothing worthy out there to in order to eat all that money.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that Farhan was going to use the Giants “deep pockets” as ways to get prospects. Like eating all of Belts/Curto’s contract for a good player.
But alas, maybe there was nothing worthy out there to in order to eat all that money.
A bit surprising considering what some teams have gotten in trades (i,e, the Mariners swap with the Padres for Austin Nola) but I have to think that FZ is smart enough and shrewd enough to get good value if he saw it.
But I really think the quiet is due to the possibility that he didn't want to give up what other teams were asking for in rentals, no one he wanted in long term value was available and he didn't want to ship anyone off the team while they are in "contention".