• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if the injury didn’t impact him there somehow. He was exceptionally sure-handed with the Bengals amd Falcons.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if the injury didn’t impact him there somehow. He was exceptionally sure-handed with the Bengals amd Falcons.

Yeah, like maybe he could cut and run and get to where TB (Traitor Brady) wanted him to be because of that bad ankle?
Or maybe Traitor Brady was good enough that he intentionally threw it where Sanu could not catch it.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like maybe he could cut and run and get to where TB (Traitor Brady) wanted him to be because of that bad ankle?
Or maybe Traitor Brady was good enough that he intentionally threw it where Sanu could not catch it.
Well I was thinking more like the pain spikes when making said cuts were breaking his concentration enough to lead to the increase in drop rate that doesn’t jibe with the rest of his career.

I suspect issues getting on the same page as Brady were probably a larger problem regardless of whose feet you wish to lay that at...just wondering if health could have been a factor is all.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was thinking more like the pain spikes when making said cuts were breaking his concentration enough to lead to the increase in drop rate that doesn’t jibe with the rest of his career.

I suspect issues getting on the same page as Brady were probably a larger problem regardless of whose feet you wish to lay that at...just wondering if health could have been a factor is all.

Additionally, some of the drops had to be on Brady. I mean, the entire receiving group just suddenly forgot how to catch a football? Even Jules had some uncharacteristic drops. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with our new QB, whoever that happens to be.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but buccaneers are traders, not traitors....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, some of the drops had to be on Brady. I mean, the entire receiving group just suddenly forgot how to catch a football? Even Jules had some uncharacteristic drops. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with our new QB, who happens to be #4.
FIFY

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahh I forgot the green text
but there was a bit of seriousness too. It may have been injury and a new setting and Brady being a bit of a bitch, we still expected more... on to 2020.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very low key rumor has popped up up here yesterday. I was at the barber shop getting my first haircut in 8 weeks and of course the talk was about the Patriots.

The Patriots have been speaking to Stephon Gilmore, Joe Thuney, Dante Hightower Mohamad Sanu, Marcus Cannon AND Julian Edelman about contract extensions. From what I was told, Gilmore, Thiuney and Hightower are the main objects. After being pissed off that he was franchised, he and his attorney (agent?) have had several talks with BB and Nick Caserio. Hightower is 30 and this will most likely be his lst contract of any size as will it be for Gilmore. Even with a potential 30% decrease in the CAP in 2021, which will of course be challeneged in court by the NFLPA, the Patriots would still have more than $80M available. If the league does get a CAP reduction, it will freeze as many as 20 teams out of free agency and some players, who will be free agents in 2021 are already threatening about playing in 2020.

Anyway......if the Pats could get Thuney and Gilmore to extend and give them both a nice bonus and guarantees to spread over three or four years, it would open up some real possibilities to sign some players who've already been cut by other teams .

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being pissed off that he was franchised,
The most over played reaction... The NFLPA should be able to apply discipline to players not abiding by the rules since it
is THEIR power that granted the tag in the first place...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Marquise Lee is committed to making this roster and being the third WR . He's been studying the and practicing running the routes that were set when Brady was the QB. He's running and trying to perfect the routes that Dorsett was running. Injuries hurt his career as much as his body. Lee has been saying the he will make a big difference this year.

N'Keal Harry was declared slow because he such a hard time getting separation. That's pissed him off because his biggest assets have been his size, upper body strength and jumping ability. harry has been working with the Arizona track coach and has been working on his take off and foot speed especially making cuts. He hasn't said a word publicly and has refused interviews. He played last year at 6'4" 228 lbs. He's reportedly lost weight and is practicing at about 215.

Jerod Mayo and Steve Belichick have penciled in Uche and Jennings into the starting lineup. Uche will play RILB across from Hightower and Jennings will play LOLB . As May continues to pass, the starting Safeties will be Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung. Belichick has historically always played a third safety and Adrian Phillips looks to be the third safety in the slot. The last two will be Terrence Brooks and Kyle Dugger. If the rumors hold true, Chung will be gone and Dugger will start next to McCourty. Malik Grant and Cody Davis will probably make the team as special teamers and backup safeties.

Because training camp and preseason will be much shorter, there will be less tolerance for veterans hanging on and rookies who just don't get it.

Below is a link to a patriots roster where every player is rated from 0-100. Needless to say, the Patriots don't have many players in the 90+ range.

2020 New England Patriots Roster

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Reiss that move nets $925k in cap space so you can probably expect Dugger’s deal to be done very soon now.