• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...didn't see that coming.

That's a slap to my face. Then again, what's to stop him from being cut? We'll give you $3M to extend and be a coach until the season starts. We get to sign our final rookie and all is good.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a slap to my face. Then again, what's to stop him from being cut? We'll give you $3M to extend and be a coach until the season starts. We get to sign our final rookie and all is good.
So..even if cut, his cap hit would be lower, correct?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the same issues with Chung a lot of people do. All DBs / Safeties get burned at times he's made some great plays too over the years. If he can restructure, play and coach up the rookie not sure how that is not a WIN WIN

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..even if cut, his cap hit would be lower, correct?
I’ll have to see the full numbers, but there’s almost zero chance it won’t cost cap space to release him this year. Half of the money they paid him now that would be amortized out to 2023 would accelerate onto this year’s cap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EYfXl4TXQAUGkBp

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches can return to Gillette tomorrow per NFL.

What's really going to be interesting is how Gov. Charley Baker is going to react when the players are allowed return. The date being bandied about is June 8. In order to attempt to keep the 90 players from being to cloistered, the Offense will be in the Patriots Locker room and the Defense will be in the visitors locker room.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh cancelled the Boston Marathon for 2020 on this past Wednesday. Two and half months before the re-scheduled race was supposed to be run. Word is that his office was tired of the media and foreign runners trying to get information and permission to come to Boston. Walsh is also considering shutting don the Boston School System until September 2021. Taxpayers are saying that they don't want teachers being paid for a year's vacation. The union's threatening to sue. Democrats suing Democrats, my guess is that Walsh will say that they will teach online. Just like they are right now, right marty?

BC Said that it will open the campus for students for the fall 2020 semester and Gov. Baker is freaking out because UMass wants to open Amherst and the mayors in Lowell and dartmouth are saying that those UMass campuses can't open. Northeastern and Boston University are considering opening and landlords that rent apartments are freaking out because Baker and Walsh want to use those apartments for the homeless and sick.

Will the Foxboro Mayor tell the patriots that they can't practice? Or that they cannot have the NFL mandated 25% of fans attending each game? That it's unhealthy for 17,500 people to sit in a 68,000 seat stadium?

This is gonna be fun.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will only 2500 people be allowed to watch practices under the 25% rules??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The date being bandied about is June 8.

My mistake. That should be July 8th and that will be the first Non Contact OTA. Team practices have not been scheduled. Right now, NFLPA and the league are discussing about players with known compromise immune systems for what ever reason. The example I heard was a player like Andrews who was under an extreme blood thinning medicine for several months and who's immune system might not have yet recovered fully. Also players who have wives or children under medical care and exposure to others could compromise their health.

This could be a very serious problem for players with an extended family. Like Gramma or Aunt Bess. Wife and kids are certainly understandable. Maybe Gramma raised a player and she is very close. But some players could use that as an excuse to not possibly be exposed and they might be a germaphobe.

The NBA is trying to deal with this right now and they may be the guide for everyone else.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches can return to Gillette tomorrow per NFL.

What's really going to be interesting is how Gov. Charley Baker is going to react when the players are allowed return. The date being bandied about is June 8. In order to attempt to keep the 90 players from being to cloistered, the Offense will be in the Patriots Locker room and the Defense will be in the visitors locker room.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh cancelled the Boston Marathon for 2020 on this past Wednesday. Two and half months before the re-scheduled race was supposed to be run. Word is that his office was tired of the media and foreign runners trying to get information and permission to come to Boston. Walsh is also considering shutting don the Boston School System until September 2021. Taxpayers are saying that they don't want teachers being paid for a year's vacation. The union's threatening to sue. Democrats suing Democrats, my guess is that Walsh will say that they will teach online. Just like they are right now, right marty?

BC Said that it will open the campus for students for the fall 2020 semester and Gov. Baker is freaking out because UMass wants to open Amherst and the mayors in Lowell and dartmouth are saying that those UMass campuses can't open. Northeastern and Boston University are considering opening and landlords that rent apartments are freaking out because Baker and Walsh want to use those apartments for the homeless and sick.

Will the Foxboro Mayor tell the patriots that they can't practice? Or that they cannot have the NFL mandated 25% of fans attending each game? That it's unhealthy for 17,500 people to sit in a 68,000 seat stadium?

This is gonna be fun.

Apologies for getting political here but this whole Covid thing is turning into the biggest government handout in history. We got $2,900 that we didn't ask for or need. And they're talking about a second round of handouts. My wife was trying to figure out what cool thing she could buy with the "free" money when I had to remind her that we would be paying WAY more than $2,900 in taxes to make up for it. This whole tab will get dropped on the people who likely aren't voting for Biden.

Enough if this shit IMO. Take care of the people that are susceptible and let everybody else get back at it.

I'm ready for some football.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies for getting political here but this whole Covid thing is turning into the biggest government handout in history. We got $2,900 that we didn't ask for or need. And they're talking about a second round of handouts. My wife was trying to figure out what cool thing she could buy with the "free" money when I had to remind her that we would be paying WAY more than $2,900 in taxes to make up for it. This whole tab will get dropped on the people who likely aren't voting for Biden.

Enough if this shit IMO. Take care of the people that are susceptible and let everybody else get back at it.

I'm ready for some football.
Those are good comments not favoring a side. I agree and felt the same way when monies showed up in my account. I've been working from home exclusively when before I worked at home 30% of the time and wondered why I ever needed to be in the office. The biggest change has been wearing a covering at the grocery store, doing take out instead of restaurants, reminiscing with classic sporting events instead of cheering for live, and knowing there isn't flexibility to do public things like movies. But I got the dough.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got 2900? $1200 each for you and the wife and $500 for a child? My grandson is a full time student and he filled out the forms but hasn't heard back. I told him that I didn't think he would get anything because his mother and stepfather probably claimed him and got $500 for him. That's beside the point. The first round cost just under $3T. Nancy and the lefties want the second round to run up the tab another $6T. They want want everybody in on round two. How about we give all these rioters an extra $10,000 a piece and ask them to give it to the businesses they destroyed?

100,000+ deaths from wearing masks and social distancing. Who's dying? people over 60 in poor health primarily. The younger ones that have died were immune system deficient.

Now they're trying to show that more African Americans and Hispanics are dying than white people. It got cut short. Why? Because during the first six weeks, those two groups did not stay away from each other. No one stayed home, they were visiting they're friends and elderly relatives to make sure that they were okay. Couldn't make a call on a cell phone? Rest homes, hospices and large apartment complexes were and still are the worst hit. Where are those large complexes? Large cities. Who inhabits most of them? Minorities.

You're right Sharky, time to just go back to doing what we do. Yeah, it will get worse before it gets better and the air will get dirtier because people will NOT take public transportation to work, they'll drive their cars. People will continue to wear masks but like some of the idiots I see at Walmart wearing them, it'll be around their chin and not on their nose and mouth. They'll still pick their nose and wipe it on the shopping cart. Old habits are hard to break.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got 2900? $1200 each for you and the wife and $500 for a child? My grandson is a full time student and he filled out the forms but hasn't heard back. I told him that I didn't think he would get anything because his mother and stepfather probably claimed him and got $500 for him. That's beside the point. The first round cost just under $3T. Nancy and the lefties want the second round to run up the tab another $6T. They want want everybody in on round two. How about we give all these rioters an extra $10,000 a piece and ask them to give it to the businesses they destroyed?

100,000+ deaths from wearing masks and social distancing. Who's dying? people over 60 in poor health primarily. The younger ones that have died were immune system deficient.

Now they're trying to show that more African Americans and Hispanics are dying than white people. It got cut short. Why? Because during the first six weeks, those two groups did not stay away from each other. No one stayed home, they were visiting they're friends and elderly relatives to make sure that they were okay. Couldn't make a call on a cell phone? Rest homes, hospices and large apartment complexes were and still are the worst hit. Where are those large complexes? Large cities. Who inhabits most of them? Minorities.

You're right Sharky, time to just go back to doing what we do. Yeah, it will get worse before it gets better and the air will get dirtier because people will NOT take public transportation to work, they'll drive their cars. People will continue to wear masks but like some of the idiots I see at Walmart wearing them, it'll be around their chin and not on their nose and mouth. They'll still pick their nose and wipe it on the shopping cart. Old habits are hard to break.
How dare that guy die with his neck under that cop... all just to start a riot...

I think you'll find the minorities are dying due to a higher rate of contributing conditions like diabetes and hypertension. Both may be due to a poorer diet at least partially related to socio-economics.

Your assumption is that both groups are either dumb or stubborn and my experience is those conditions exist in equal proportions across all race, religion, and ethnic groups (though maybe not equally across genders)...

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare that guy die with his neck under that cop... all just to start a riot...

I think you'll find the minorities are dying due to a higher rate of contributing conditions like diabetes and hypertension. Both may be due to a poorer diet at least partially related to socio-economics.

Your assumption is that both groups are either dumb or stubborn and my experience is those conditions exist in equal proportions across all race, religion, and ethnic groups (though maybe not equally across genders)...

No, What I've learned living with both of those groups is that they have a stronger bond to each other than Caucasians. Their family ties are much stronger. It has nothing to do with being dumb or stubborn, it's almost genetic.

Diabetes was nothing until after the turn of the century. Now it's like peanut allergies. When I was growing up and all through high school, every kid that I knew ate a peanut butter sandwich at least twice a week. Now 75% of children have peanut butter allergies. Before 2010 diabetes was never associated with African Americans. The big issue was sickle cell. Nearly every adult regardless of race has hypertension issues. It may not need medication but it's an issue. I think trying to find more excuses for deaths related to COVID is more guilt related than factual.

The truth is that much of the death reporting is pure speculation and misinformation. Not one reliable news source has reported the exact numbers of deaths by race. They can't even give an exact number of deaths by age. The really sad and annoying part of this is that every death is now being somehow connected to COVID. Even suicides.

In the future, please do not make assumptions and then say that "I" am assuming your assumption. And when you accuse me of making an 'assumption' please show that assumption of mine in quotes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunateconversation to have. I have black friends I love but I( also have eyes and a brain.
I can't help but notice all the black, mostly men, in the stores here with no masks.
They are giving it to each other while spreading "news? about a conspiracy.

Nancy and her gang want to give YOUR money to "undocumentd" aliens. Pandering for votes on your behalf.

All the give aways are going to have to be paid for. Who is going to pay for it?
Very likely a tax increase for the corporations that got a lot of the money.
The corporations will then pay for it by laying off all the people that really needed help.

And the circle goes round and round.....