• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or we can watch the games and just see what happens.

I've made a decision. I've hung up the hammer and put the nails back in the box and covered the coffin.

It's going to be a tough schedule but I honestly don't know if Stidham is the new Johnny Unitas with Fran Tarkenton legs and the WRs are a rejuvenated bunch who just can't wait to show what they can do. Maybe, just maybe Damian Harris is Bo Jackson reincarnated. And the defense will make the '85 Bears look like a bunch of puzzies.

That and a motivated Bill Belichick just might be fun to watch.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made a decision. I've hung up the hammer and put the nails back in the box and covered the coffin.

It's going to be a tough schedule but I honestly don't know if Stidham is the new Johnny Unitas with Fran Tarkenton legs and the WRs are a rejuvenated bunch who just can't wait to show what they can do. Maybe, just maybe Damian Harris is Bo Jackson reincarnated. And the defense will make the '85 Bears look like a bunch of puzzies.

we can project what may or may not happen...or we can watch the games and just see what happens.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do commend burying the past. By no means should we ever stop celebrating the past, but it makes no sense to let such a successful past become an albatross.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad News...................................

Patriots must make some cuts immediately. As of yesterday, according to Mike Reiss, they cannot sign Kyle Dugger or a couple of others. They did sign Dalton Keene. Reiss thinks that there may be a trade or two in the next couple of weeks.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they signed Keene then Dugger is the only draft pick left. As of Friday the other 8 were all signed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots must make some cuts immediately. As of yesterday, according to Mike Reiss, they cannot sign Kyle Dugger or a couple of others. They did sign Dalton Keene. Reiss thinks that there may be a trade or two in the next couple of weeks.
Well with limited Cap Space cuts were bound to happen

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have like $700k of cap space right now per Miguel and since I don’t see any confirmation anywhere yet that Keene is signed, I’m assuming he’s not included in that number. Dugger and Keene will have cap hits totaling somewhere in the neighborhood of $2M, with two lower salaried players worth somewhere around $1M dropping off, so their contracts will require about $1M in net cap space, or about $300k more than what they currently have available. They can afford to sign Keene without making another move, but they’ll have to do something (restructure/extension/trade/release) with someone higher up the cap food chain to fit Dugger in.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have like $700k of cap space right now per Miguel and since I don’t see any confirmation anywhere yet that Keene is signed, I’m assuming he’s not included in that number. Dugger and Keene will have cap hits totaling somewhere in the neighborhood of $2M, with two lower salaried players worth somewhere around $1M dropping off, so their contracts will require about $1M in net cap space, or about $300k more than what they currently have available. They can afford to sign Keene without making another move, but they’ll have to do something (restructure/extension/trade/release) with someone higher up the cap food chain to fit Dugger in.

Wasn't sure if it was cap space or roster space.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there’s the Keene deal

Miguel has them at $640k now...looks like Izzo at 767k is the Top 51 cutoff. I think there’s a chance they might just be able to squeeze Dugger in without any manipulation. They’ll still need to open up some breathing room regardless but that could well shake itself out when the final roster is set

Edit disregard that second part lol...Miguel agrees with my earlier estimation they’ll need $300k to sign Dugger

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dugger projected at 1.5 million
Keene projected at 800K
Assuming they have been slow to sign because of agent demands, the 2.3 million is probably light?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting.