• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF. I only spent two minutes in your lady. I thought that was being thoughtful on my part. :suds:

I’ve heard rumors of your legendary girth. My wife appreciates your thoughtfulness. And so do the guys after you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She did want me to tell you all “howdy”. And she’s ready for round 2. Especially with nefan. He ate her better than anyone!

View attachment 239690
I need to revisit this in a different context.

I admire self deprecation as a great quality, but damn the depths of self deprecation you'll sink to bring someone down. I could never go so far down period, but that deep to bring someone down? Legendary.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. But having a cheap solid vet around to help mentor the pups in the meantime isn’t terrible.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any details. I hope it's league minimum and (games played) incentive laden?

Hurt way too often. Has never lived up anywhere close to his billing.

Not sure he even adds a vet presence unless we're talking about rehabilitating? Dude had surgery on his MCL, ACL and PCL. NE has Edelman, Sanu and to a lesser extent Byrd to mentor the kids.

I guess with the signing maybe NE doesn't waste an early draft pick on a WR? then again we'll have to see what BB does.

Through the 11th pick in the draft and no WRs gone yet.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit concerned about what BB did with #23. The draft value of that pick was 760 and #37 is 530 and #71 is 235. He literally swapped evenly. He should have gotten more than a 5 point bump for moving down 12 spots. He should have gotten at the very least #151 which is worth 26. I know that he hates picking in the first round because his history is either a direct hit or a total miss, but you have to completely milk the cow and not just squeeze out a quart and quit.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit concerned about what BB did with #23. The draft value of that pick was 760 and #37 is 530 and #71 is 235. He literally swapped evenly. He should have gotten more than a 5 point bump for moving down 12 spots. He should have gotten at the very least #151 which is worth 26. I know that he hates picking in the first round because his history is either a direct hit or a total miss, but you have to completely milk the cow and not just squeeze out a quart and quit.
I hope you realize the points system doe not actually represent true value. It's a made up scale and the actual values involved are determined by the players left and the roles needed by the team holding the pick.

If BB saw there was an abundance of certain players then the two later picks could have huge value to him, while grabbing the one player the Chargers wanted at 23 could represent great value for them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you realize the points system doe not actually represent true value. It's a made up scale and the actual values involved are determined by the players left and the roles needed by the team holding the pick.

If BB saw there was an abundance of certain players then the two later picks could have huge value to him, while grabbing the one player the Chargers wanted at 23 could represent great value for them.

If Bill went looking for someone to take the pick, then he did very well. If the Chargers came to him, he should have squeezed their nuts for more. If he doesn't score big with #37 then it was a wasted trade.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bill went looking for someone to take the pick, then he did very well. If the Chargers came to him, he should have squeezed their nuts for more. If he doesn't score big with #37 then it was a wasted trade.
...and if he scores with #70 it doesn't count?

There's a myth about BB and "winning". The myth is he won't do anything unless he'll be THE winner. Truth be told, he knows if you always beat the piss out of everyone then you'll never have anyone to play with. He purposely does not "squeeze nuts" to ensure he always has trade partners.

The best trades have two winners.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he just takes the same player he would’ve taken at 23 like he’s done before ( e.g., DMac, Light, Collins)? Is it a win then? Does he get credit for understanding the value of the board then?

He gets a call while he’s on the clock (i.e., not a ton of time to mull it over) offering fair value for the pick and still gets criticized for it. Just can’t win with some people. Smdh

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as someone else alluded to the charts that are published out in the world are not absolute to any one team or draft. They’re just estimates. We don’t know what Bill and Nick’s 2020 iteration of a pick value chart looks like...maybe by their current formula they did come out way ahead?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a coup. Since he doesn't have #70, he has #71
I guess you didn't see my proposed trade where we swap picks with the 70 holder and send them a lobsta...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as someone else alluded to the charts that are published out in the world are not absolute to any one team or draft. They’re just estimates. We don’t know what Bill and Nick’s 2020 iteration of a pick value chart looks like...maybe by their current formula they did come out way ahead?

I've seen the actual white boards in Caserio's office . Before the draft they have all positions and the top 15 in each, 'in their estimation', not Mayock or anyone elses'. Then they move everyone into their final draft board from 1-250 and every time some one is picked, the name is removed. If a player that's at the top of their board does not qualify for the round that they are in, BB will attempt to move out, unless that player is listed in an earlier round.

Basically, if BB is selecting at 37 and his #15 is still available, then he'll take that guy. If he's picking at 37 and the best player is his #76, he'll attempt to move.

That's the way he's been forever. My point is that if someone approaches you for a pick, then you really need to make every attempt to get more than the number value of that pick. In my opinion, if the Chargers asked for the trade, then they should be required to pay a premium to get it and that would have been the third pick. If you look closely at these trades, those draft pick values are very closely followed by every team. If Belichick wanted to move out, then he did very well getting the picks he got.