• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ not news

I don’t see Cam signing anywhere for $7.5m unless it’s loaded with LTBE’s and he’s guaranteed the starting job. And the Raiders already signed Mariota to be their backup. Cam will go to Washington or maybe San Diego, or wait for a starter to get injured.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karen Guerigian says that Cam Newton is saying that NE is under his consideration. Is he also willing to be the third QB? $7.5M as a back up in Las Vegas is a hell of better than $1M to be #3 in New England.

Cam is done

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft dispatched one of the team planes to China. It is presently on its way back with 1.2M N95 facemasks for Massachusetts hospitals.

Nothing to do with Patriots football but a humanitarian action by the owner.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft dispatched one of the team planes to China. It is presently on its way back with 1.2M N95 facemasks for Massachusetts hospitals.

Nothing to do with Patriots football but a humanitarian action by the owner.
I say that qualifies as 2020 Patriot news.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost have to wonder if Kessler didn’t ask to be let go to try and find someplace he’d have a better shot at the #2 spot now Hoyer’s here. Cutting him only frees up about 300k on the cap.

Kessler was a mercy cut. We are going with Stdham and he is going to get all the practice time. Hoyer = mentor

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't think so. And it gives the media something to write and talk about.

Sorry if Cam ends up in South Boston or Roxbury wearing his girl clothes he'll never make it out alive, We cannot afford the cap hit for someone that can't play, or they can't find.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EUdZec8UYAAJh4C

Kind of a cool thing that got released. These are Bill Belichick's notes on what he looks for in different positions for the offense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a cool thing that got released. These are Bill Belichick's notes on what he looks for in different positions for the offense.

Yes, Belichick's notes for his first draft as a head coach in 1991. He wrote these after he took the job to make sure that he wouldn't forget anything he considered to be important.

When asked about them, he simply said, "Nothing has changed in the past 30 years!"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see his notes on the secondary, he has had some real head scratchers there.
His notes would probably include a recommendation about losing more games to get better draft picks.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see his notes on the secondary, he has had some real head scratchers there.

I don't get that YT. We have brought up many good DB's and sent them to big paydays. We keep reloading with good DB's. We are also picking up UDFA's and making them starters. Who's doing better?

Note also: Some picks have not been able to hang around long enough due to injuries or whateverin a stacked secondary.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that YT. We have brought up many good DB's and sent them to big paydays. We keep reloading with good DB's. We are also picking up UDFA's and making them starters. Who's doing better?

Hmm...
Let's start with Jordon Richards as a second round pick. Was he a good use of a that draft capitol?
Cyrus Jones actually flashed talent in college, but he was still a reach.
Ras I-Dowling...
The kid from Arkansas
And the list goes on

He has had home runs, and some strike outs too.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...
Let's start with Jordon Richards as a second round pick. Was he a good use of a that draft capitol?
Cyrus Jones actually flashed talent in college, but he was still a reach.
Ras I-Dowling...
The kid from Arkansas
And the list goes on

He has had home runs, and some strike outs too.
Hi ceilings aren't guaranteed to get beyond the floor. Butler wipes a couple of those out. Jon Jones another. Go back a ways for Randall "blue" Gay.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi ceilings aren't guaranteed to get beyond the floor. Butler wipes a couple of those out. Jon Jones another. Go back a ways for Randall "blue" Gay.

Butler was a flash in the pan. The dude was part of a great system. One that earned him a lifetime of free drinks in NE and a pay day. He hasn't done anything since and is still getting burned more that a nudist colony vacationing on the equator with no sunblock.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler was a flash in the pan. The dude was part of a great system. One that earned him a lifetime of free drinks in NE and a pay day. He hasn't done anything since and is still getting burned more that a nudist colony vacationing on the equator with no sunblock.
I think you are forgetting he replaced Revis for a year. If Butler was a flash, damn what a flash. What would any team trade for that 1 play at that 1 time? Then add in his 2015 season. Butler's issue was he didn't understand the team he was playing for and felt disrespected by not getting an early pay day. That feeling of disrespect got into his head and he came apart at his seems. Had he understood his pay day would only come through free agency (like everybody else), things may have ended differently.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are forgetting he replaced Revis for a year. If Butler was a flash, damn what a flash. What would any team trade for that 1 play at that 1 time? Then add in his 2015 season. Butler's issue was he didn't understand the team he was playing for and felt disrespected by not getting an early pay day. That feeling of disrespect got into his head and he came apart at his seems. Had he understood his pay day would only come through free agency (like everybody else), things may have ended differently.

Well unless that disrespect caused him to forget (PTSD):noidea: how to cover not only in NE but also in Tennessee his inability to run with, or keep a player in front of him was/is a huge detriment to any D.

Even the casual football fan knew #21 on New England was one each Malcolm Butler. Not because of his one great play, but because everyone in the stadium and those watching on tv only saw the back of his jersey trying to catch up to the WR.

Butler is NEs answer to David Tyree. Tyree had like 7 catches that entire season. Made a phenomenal catch with Harrison draped all over him to help secure the SB for the Giants and never played another game in the NFL.

I took this From Ramsey, via ProFootballFocus.com:
2017 was a tough year for Butler. Among all cornerbacks, he regressed slightly, finishing with a 79.2 overall grade, ranking 51st He also gave up six touchdowns in his coverage, tying for third-most at the position, while also yielding the 11th-most yards at 698 and ranking 108th in yards after the catch at 233. What a flash he was indeed. Glad as hell he was there for that play and glad as hell he's no regressing in Tennessee. Quite possibly one of the most over rated players of recent.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless that disrespect caused him to forget (PTSD):noidea: how to cover not only in NE but also in Tennessee his inability to run with, or keep a player in front of him was/is a huge detriment to any D.

Even the casual football fan knew #21 on New England was one each Malcolm Butler. Not because of his one great play, but because everyone in the stadium and those watching on tv only saw the back of his jersey trying to catch up to the WR.

Butler is NEs answer to David Tyree. Tyree had like 7 catches that entire season. Made a phenomenal catch with Harrison draped all over him to help secure the SB for the Giants and never played another game in the NFL.

I took this From Ramsey, via ProFootballFocus.com:
2017 was a tough year for Butler. Among all cornerbacks, he regressed slightly, finishing with a 79.2 overall grade, ranking 51st He also gave up six touchdowns in his coverage, tying for third-most at the position, while also yielding the 11th-most yards at 698 and ranking 108th in yards after the catch at 233. What a flash he was indeed. Glad as hell he was there for that play and glad as hell he's no regressing in Tennessee. Quite possibly one of the most over rated players of recent.
I would say if a guy nicknamed "scrap" stops playing scrappy you might get those results. Let's not re-write his tenure, after all he did make the pro bowl following the 2015 season. He wasn't quite up to the level in 2016, but the player you describe didn't show up until 2017.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say if a guy nicknamed "scrap" stops playing scrappy you might get those results. Let's not re-write his tenure, after all he did make the pro bowl following the 2015 season. He wasn't quite up to the level in 2016, but the player you describe didn't show up until 2017.

2015 NE ranked 9th in total D
2016 they were 1st
2017 they were 29th

He was a product of a good defense. He was exposed when he didn't have that D to save him. Not to mention a top 4 and a top 6 total offense to bail him out.

The dude went undrafted for a reason. He was a fraud and continues to get abused. Forget stats use the eye test. Go back and watch the game films.