• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are the one that tells me to learn to use Google and I'm the one being called out here for attitude? Then show where I got my information using Google and somehow even though I'm right I'm the one being told to humble myself. It wasn't even My information and me telling you to trust me. It was a reliable source. Whatever. Maybe next time before telling someone to learn to use Google you should make sure you are right.
Your source proved to be fine. Your interpretation sucks. I accused you based on your interpretation.

Boston itself is a top 10 market with 7 of those top 10 clustered closely. The KC market is 1/3 of the Boston market. But, KC draws from other places (Let's say all of Nebraska and Kansas and maybe a 3rd of Missouri (former Rams fans aren't default Chiefs fans), and we know tons of Nebraskans root for Denver. Anywhere else in the region splits loyalty with Denver, Dallas, and even Chicago.

Boston has all of New England minus half of Connecticut. Add to it the KC fan base spits loyalty with the college ranks, but not in Boston.

You stated that "If market size is what matters then there are a heck of a lot of other teams that will have first dibs." and followed it up with assertions that KC compares favorably to Boston in market. No disrespect to KC, they didn't choose to have you reference them falsely.

As for MY attitude, it pretty common to respond the way I am when facts are distorted. At the end of the day, Boston is a big market town and your descriptions and "facts" vastly understate that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your source proved to be fine. Your interpretation sucks. I accused you based on your interpretation.

Boston itself is a top 10 market with 7 of those top 10 clustered closely. The KC market is 1/3 of the Boston market. But, KC draws from other places (Let's say all of Nebraska and Kansas and maybe a 3rd of Missouri (former Rams fans aren't default Chiefs fans), and we know tons of Nebraskans root for Denver. Anywhere else in the region splits loyalty with Denver, Dallas, and even Chicago.

Boston has all of New England minus half of Connecticut. Add to it the KC fan base spits loyalty with the college ranks, but not in Boston.

You stated that "If market size is what matters then there are a heck of a lot of other teams that will have first dibs." and followed it up with assertions that KC compares favorably to Boston in market. No disrespect to KC, they didn't choose to have you reference them falsely.

As for MY attitude, it pretty common to respond the way I am when facts are distorted. At the end of the day, Boston is a big market town and your descriptions and "facts" vastly understate that.

Fair enough. Honestly just trying to get back to the main point though is I don't think market size matters in the NFL. If market size mattered Brady would not have gone to Tampa Bay. He would have chosen the Chargers in LA over them pretty easily. Manning wouldn't have picked the Broncos. BigKen was trying to make the argument that Watson and Mahomes would want to play for a bigger market than where they are. Watson is already in a sizable market so that one doesn't make much sense and Mahomes seems like the least likely of the two to leave where he is playing for a long time. I would love for Mahomes to leave KC just like I'm sure the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets all hoped Brady would leave much sooner than he did.

In the end neither are likely going anywhere and especially neither are leaving in Free Agency. A QB in their prime that is top-5 in the league is not getting away. Can't think of a single QB that has had that happen. A team will get rid of everyone else but that QB to try and keep them and make them happy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've ever heard about legal vs illegal when a union is involved is almost anything is legal. Most employment law is there to protect workers, but unions are given great discretion since they are an advocate for the entire group.

Beat me to it!

You are correct. Courts won't touch what both parties have contractually agreed to.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grandpa would be proud.

This young man is an incredible football player. 27 interceptions while in high school. Senior year had 18 balls thrown his way. Intercepted 11, defended 6, allowed 1 catch because it was the end of a half and he was playing off the wr to not give up a big play. As a freshman for LSU he was/is their best defensive back. 5th in the nation with 6 interceptions. 2nd in the nation with 21 passes defended. 2019 consensus all American. He could be special. His senior year in high school he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash and has a 42 in vertical.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Stingley Jr. barely knew grandpa Darryl Stingley but thinks of him 'every time I go on the field'

BATON ROUGE, La. — The only film clip LSU's Derek Stingley Jr. has seen of his grandfather was "just the hit," as he calls it.

Stingley's grandfather is the late Darryl Stingley, a wide receiver for the New England Patriots who was paralyzed for the rest of his life at age 26 after a hit by Oakland Raiders' safety Jack Tatum in a preseason game in Oakland on Aug. 12, 1978. Stingley, a first round pick of New England in 1973 out of Purdue, lived as a quadriplegic until he was 55 and died on April 5, 2007, in his native Chicago.

"I've never seen anything else," Stingley Jr. said.

"He was going up for a ball. He saw the hit coming, and he just tried to like tense for it,. And it just happened. He couldn't really avoid it."

Stingley committed to LSU in 2018 as the No. 1 overall prospect in the country out of Dunham. Just a freshman, Stingley Jr. is a first team All-American cornerback in his freshman season at LSU by USA TODAY, AP, The Sporting News, ESPN and CBS, among others.

"He could be a first-round pick in the next draft," said LSU coach Ed Orgeron. "He is one of the best cornerbacks I have seen."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grandpa would be proud.

This young man is an incredible football player. 27 interceptions while in high school. Senior year had 18 balls thrown his way. Intercepted 11, defended 6, allowed 1 catch because it was the end of a half and he was playing off the wr to not give up a big play. As a freshman for LSU he was/is their best defensive back. 5th in the nation with 6 interceptions. 2nd in the nation with 21 passes defended. 2019 consensus all American. He could be special. His senior year in high school he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash and has a 42 in vertical.

Grant Delpit winning the award for best defensive back in football was a joke. He was only the 3rd best on his team let alone best in the country. This kid is definitely special. If he stays away from injury he should easily be a top-5 pick here in a couple of years. Not sure we have ever seen a Freshman defensive back play as good as he did this past season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him.

Evidently I wasn't the only one who thought he was underutilized...

Wide receiver Phillip Dorsett details his route from Patriots to Seahawks

“Just being able to use my speed is something that I want to do more,” added Dorsett, “and being a route-runner, too. I think I was underutilized as that in the past and I feel like I can get to that in this offense. As a teammate, I just want to win. I’m not a selfish guy at all. It’s not who I am.”

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently I wasn't the only one who thought he was underutilized...

Wide receiver Phillip Dorsett details his route from Patriots to Seahawks

“Just being able to use my speed is something that I want to do more,” added Dorsett, “and being a route-runner, too. I think I was underutilized as that in the past and I feel like I can get to that in this offense. As a teammate, I just want to win. I’m not a selfish guy at all. It’s not who I am.”

Okay but honestly WTF did you think he would say? He's selling himself!!!. The Pats offense under TB12 was all about timing, be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. If you're not then you not a good route runner, under the TB system.

We may see an entirely different approach under the next QB. The "System" as so many trolls like to call it was based on the skill sets of TB12. Those skill sets will not be the same with our next QB.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Pats desperately needed Dorsett to be utilized last year, yet he was still “under-utilized” for some reason. Maybe the coaches were just dumb, but from my view he clearly took a step back and struggled more with his assignments last year than the year before. He may be better off in Seattle’s offense, but I don’t see his utilization increasing much when they already have a vastly superior version of him on their roster. Maybe if Lockett gets hurt he’ll be able to prove his prior two teams just didn’t know how to utilize him, but I personally won’t hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fast. He's quick. He is not a good route runner in the open field. He had problems getting separation because he lacks physical strength.

As I've told my grandson at least five hundred times since his Junior year in HS. "Sell Yourself. Never stand at the back of a crowd. No one else will sell you."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fast. He's quick. He is not a good route runner in the open field. He had problems getting separation because he lacks physical strength.

As I've told my grandson at least five hundred times since his Junior year in HS. "Sell Yourself. Never stand at the back of a crowd. No one else will sell you."
I'm confused. Are you saying your grandson told Dorsett to make those comments? :)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Are you saying your grandson told Dorsett to make those comments? :)

NO....Dorsett heard me telling my grandson to sell himself because no one else would and took the advice I was giving my grandson. Now Dorsett's sold the product, he better makes sure it works as sold.......

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost have to wonder if Kessler didn’t ask to be let go to try and find someplace he’d have a better shot at the #2 spot now Hoyer’s here. Cutting him only frees up about 300k on the cap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karen Guerigian says that Cam Newton is saying that NE is under his consideration. Is he also willing to be the third QB? $7.5M as a back up in Las Vegas is a hell of better than $1M to be #3 in New England.