• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gordon Hayward to Charlotte will go down as a sign-and-trade, and the Celtics will gain a trade exception in the offing...

Apparently, this trade exception is no small thing...

I doubt they fill it. That's a massive slot. Doesn't seem likely that a team would dump a "star" (level salary) player to them for nothing. Would take a few role players to fill up that slot as well

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they fill it. That's a massive slot. Doesn't seem likely that a team would dump a "star" (level salary) player to them for nothing. Would take a few role players to fill up that slot as well
I agree, for now.

Scenarios can change at (let's say) the trade deadline, though...

... if the C's are struggling with their bench, and if another team is underperforming and looking to go in another direction... could have ingredients ripe for a trade.

Of course, the C's would need to give up draft considerations and maybe a young guy as well.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty good article discussing the nuances and opportunities and likelihoods that this trade exception revolves around:

Long story short: Yes, it's unlikely that the C's use the entire $30 million or so of this trade exception... but quite within the realm of possibility that they use it on more of a mid-priced guy... somewhere in the $10 to $18 million a year range.

A name that I've seen spit-balled in a couple of articles now is Aaron Gordon. If Orlando finds themselves struggling into the trade deadline, a deal like that seems like the ball park we're talking about...

... of course, it's gonna all depend on the lay of the land around trade deadline time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know Turner retired

Interesting.

Evan Turner had a couple of his best seasons in Boston... (we basically ran our offense through him in '14'15)...

... seems like a great guy to add to the staff to work with the kids... I like it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, for now.

Scenarios can change at (let's say) the trade deadline, though...

... if the C's are struggling with their bench, and if another team is underperforming and looking to go in another direction... could have ingredients ripe for a trade.

Of course, the C's would need to give up draft considerations and maybe a young guy as well.
Kevin LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ......he would be a hero in Boston- a big white guy that can shoot 3s and rebound?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty good article discussing the nuances and opportunities and likelihoods that this trade exception revolves around:

Long story short: Yes, it's unlikely that the C's use the entire $30 million or so of this trade exception... but quite within the realm of possibility that they use it on more of a mid-priced guy... somewhere in the $10 to $18 million a year range.

A name that I've seen spit-balled in a couple of articles now is Aaron Gordon. If Orlando finds themselves struggling into the trade deadline, a deal like that seems like the ball park we're talking about...

... of course, it's gonna all depend on the lay of the land around trade deadline time.
Injury prone but Kevin Love would be a nice fit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Ninja'd by @WiggyRuss.....:L
what happened to your Raiders this week?

the Browns almost shit the bed- but pulled it off---- 2 of the best defensive players in the NFL were out in Garrett and Ward- but at least they got the win

the Raiders got their shit pushed in. i was surprised at that one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Browns almost shit the bed- but pulled it off---- 2 of the best defensive players in the NFL were out in Garrett and Ward- but at least they got the win

The falcons are good

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No clue.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blake Griffin come on down

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They aren’t bad, but I wouldn’t call them good. Especially playing without Julio.

Posting 6 points on them is inexcusable for a playoff hopeful.

It does however beg the question as to just how bad of a coach Quinn is

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does however beg the question as to just how bad of a coach Quinn is

That is fair.

You know who has been exposed as a pretty poor coach this season?

Bruce Arians. It is like he has no ability to adjust his scheme to fit his players and/or his matchup.

The poor fit with Brady’s skills have been well documented, but I also watched the Chiefs game and kept thinking how terrible their defensive game plan was. Can’t let Tyreke Hill play 1 on 1 all game. The Mahomes game plan is drop 7-8 in coverage and keep those speedy guys in front.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair.

You know who has been exposed as a pretty poor coach this season?

Bruce Arians. It is like he has no ability to adjust his scheme to fit his players and/or his matchup.

The poor fit with Brady’s skills have been well documented, but I also watched the Chiefs game and kept thinking how terrible their defensive game plan was. Can’t let Tyreke Hill play 1 on 1 all game. The Mahomes game plan is drop 7-8 in coverage and keep those speedy guys in front.
I was QUITE entertained by the whole thing, actually. talk about torching a secondary with impunity...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, may as well just hand the Lakers the Larry OB now.

Dudz is back on a team friendly deal:

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how bad Dan Quinn was. And just think, if ATL just kept running the ball, he'd have won a SB just a few years ago.

i will forever be baffled they didn’t just run 3 times and kick a chip shot fg after that epic catch by Jones