• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Free Agency

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aside from the obvious void that the Buck trade creates, I feel that we NEED to address WR twice in this WR deep draft. Hurd is coming off a back injury that shelved him the entire season. That's a red flag to me considering his physicality was supposed to be one of his strengths and a bad back takes that away from him. Taylor has been hurt the last two seasons and it seems to be one thing after another. With Sanders on the Saints, that leaves Deebo, Bourne, and a whole group of "ifs". I would LOVE to get Juedy or Ruggs but I don't know if they will are there at 13. I would love to draft Mims but I don't if he will be there at 31. There are other guys that I hope this scouting department targets that can develop into something in the late rounds.

I can see us drafting another WR in Round 5 or later, but don't see two before then? I get the injury concern with Taylor and Hurd but drafting two WR's "high" all but assures we cut Taylor/Hurd without testing. Shannahan drafted Hurd and doubt he'll "cut him" unless he already knows he won't get back? This would also mean cutting Pettis who again, Shannahan hand-picked.

If anything, we should draft two CB's and i'd draft the second one in the 'mid-rounds' if value is there? Sherman, Witherspoon, and Mosley are not a quality crew (Sherman is only getting older) for the following season and beyond. None are signed for the following season either.

I'm not someone who goes by Need but just for this discussion, i might argue the weakest part of the roster TODAY is CB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see us drafting another WR in Round 5 or later, but don't see two before then? I get the injury concern with Taylor and Hurd but drafting two WR's "high" all but assures we cut Taylor/Hurd without testing. Shannahan drafted Hurd and doubt he'll "cut him" unless he already knows he won't get back? This would also mean cutting Pettis who again, Shannahan hand-picked.

If anything, we should draft two CB's and i'd draft the second one in the 'mid-rounds' if value is there? Sherman, Witherspoon, and Mosley are not a quality crew (Sherman is only getting older) for the following season and beyond. None are signed for the following season either.

I'm not someone who goes by Need but just for this discussion, i might argue the weakest part of the roster TODAY is CB.

You could argue it but it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. I still think next season WR is the weakest position. No one in the WR group are as accomplished as Sherman or playing on his kind of level Samuel has that chance. Now in the future sure because of Sherman's age it will be a need. Honestly I could them taking CB and WR early.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You could argue it but it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. I still think next season WR is the weakest position. No one in the WR group are as accomplished as Sherman or playing on his kind of level Samuel has that chance. Now in the future sure because of Sherman's age it will be a need. Honestly I could them taking CB and WR early.

Just read another article saying the D-line is still good without Buckner. IF that is the case then we'd certainly go WR and CB with our first two picks. Our first two picks might not necessarily be 13th and 31st, but those positions would then make sense right off the bat.

I don't agree with this guys D-line opinion, so still say take the higher value which MIGHT be Kinlaw or Brown?

BTW - This is a solid draft for WR's so someone here said we should defer WR for this reason. While i get the basis for it, i don't have a problem taking a WR even at 13th.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We will be watching for OT, G, CB, DT, C, OLB, WR, TE !! Lets Go NFC Champs, 4th Toughest Schedule!!:)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read another article saying the D-line is still good without Buckner. IF that is the case then we'd certainly go WR and CB with our first two picks. Our first two picks might not necessarily be 13th and 31st, but those positions would then make sense right off the bat.

I don't agree with this guys D-line opinion, so still say take the higher value which MIGHT be Kinlaw or Brown?

BTW - This is a solid draft for WR's so someone here said we should defer WR for this reason. While i get the basis for it, i don't have a problem taking a WR even at 13th.

Yeah WR is deep so they could wait and still get a really good player but I think they w will take the best player at 13 whom ever that is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We will be watching for OT, G, CB, DT, C, OLB, WR, TE !! Lets Go NFC Champs, 4th Toughest Schedule!!:)

From a Need standpoint, WR and CB comes to the fore front. Yes, we certainly can improve at other spots such as DT and OT, but seems like WR and CB are in front.

As it turns out from a BPA standpoint, either WR or CB could be in the fore front too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4/4/20 FA CB Eli Apple, LB Darron Lee both needs.

Don't see us adding anymore FA's? We would only do it for depth purposes and that's where the draft comes in. This isn't even getting into the cap space where its targeted for a Kittle extension.

They're gonna let the draft play out cause the later picks are for back-up roles. So you have to go thru OTA's and TC to see what you drafted, not sign more FAs?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At 4 million for Trey Burton we will need 5 or 6 TDs for our 2nd TE!!

Another terrible decision by the Bears GM. You don't normally get value when you sign top free agents, but this one was extra bad.

After factoring the rookie class there isn't much room to add Burton? I would hope they're TRYING to extend Kittle with what room is left?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes look for Kittle extension and 2 team players again next year several contracts up and cant resign or draft for every spot!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...ander-marquise-goodwin-jaquiski-tartt-report/

Wow, I thought they'd give it another go with basically the same team?! Surprising to see these guys being advertised for a trade? It does say "at the right price" but still, having a lot of continuity will go a long way in this next season.

Clearing cap space is clearly so they can extend Kittle, taking it from this angle, maybe it makes a LITTLE more sense,

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.************.com/articl...ander-marquise-goodwin-jaquiski-tartt-report/

Wow, I thought they'd give it another go with basically the same team?! Surprising to see these guys being advertised for a trade? It does say "at the right price" but still, having a lot of continuity will go a long way in this next season.

Clearing cap space is clearly so they can extend Kittle, taking it from this angle, maybe it makes a LITTLE more sense,

It's mostly trade rumour/BS time. They just restructured Kwon's deal.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mostly trade rumour/BS time. They just restructured Kwon's deal.
Still might not be a bad idea to look for another LB in the draft
Logan Wilson anyone?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kittle will get his, 5 or 6 years looking to save picks and fill in gaps. Almost entire secondary up for deals next year! T. Williams will sign elsewhere, Sherman, Mosley, Witherspoon, Alexander need to get stops and turnovers.

Last edited: