• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Free Agency

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
George Kittle to Sign Six-Year Extension with 49ers on Friday

I would've guessed an 'average' of $13.5M/season, but better to get him extended NOW than not. So it went up much higher than the current highest paid TE, oh well.

Only half of the total is guaranteed so that's one trade off, a higher annual pay but less guarantees. There is likely a good amount of incentive money? The 2021 cap hit is 'small' knowing there are so many FA's next off-season.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Kittle to Sign Six-Year Extension with 49ers on Friday

I would've guessed an 'average' of $13.5M/season, but better to get him extended NOW than not. So it went up much higher than the current highest paid TE, oh well.

Only half of the total is guaranteed so that's one trade off, a higher annual pay but less guarantees. There is likely a good amount of incentive money? The 2021 cap hit is 'small' knowing there are so many FA's next off-season.

Looks to be fake news.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after reading other articles this could be questionable?

I hovered over the link....it's SI with Grant Cohn right? Kittle himself even took to twitter or whatever to denounce the numbers.

Having said that, more credible sources like Matt Maiocco have said that both sides are making 'healthy progress' and NFLN Ian Rapoport is saying a deal is near.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hovered over the link....it's SI with Grant Cohn right? Kittle himself even took to twitter or whatever to denounce the numbers.

Having said that, more credible sources like Matt Maiocco have said that both sides are making 'healthy progress' and NFLN Ian Rapoport is saying a deal is near.

kittle, 5yrs - 75mill

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I suppose the 49ers could trade Kittle for draft picks and keep that space open, but they’d either have to find a replacement for him at tight end — and that player almost certainly will not be nearly as good — or use that draft capital and extra cap space on more valuable — and therefore more expensive — positions. For most teams, it would probably be smarter to invest those resources into wide receivers, but the 49ers offense is unique. I don’t know if it makes sense to view them through the same lens we view other offenses. If Shanahan thinks Kittle is important enough to his offense to shell out record-breaking money, then I have to take his word for it."

Hmmmm, there IS something to this in bold.

We of course want top WR's too, cause that is how football fans are. haaaa

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kittle, 5yrs - 75mill

i know he's worth that much to our offense, so ok with me. There will be details coming out soon, maybe it isn't as cap consuming as it appears?

Another good thing is it keeps the tag available next off-season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next year OT Wiiliams, 4 dbs, FB Jusczyk..

Need 2CB, G, C, T, MLB, DE, OLB, WR..
Need to make a lot of decisions to be in Cap and go to Super Bowl!!

Yes, we do need better players at these spots but there just isn't enough cap space. Don't see us signing any big name free agents other than our own. Whether re-signing or extending, they need to look at our current players first.

We can only draft and hope more than not the draft class pans out. I know we're already missing the 3rd round pick. Not saying all of the draft picks will be great players, but hoping more than half exceed their draft slots.

Regarding O-line, i know we likely need an LT but i'd consider a Center in Round 2. If not then in Round 4 at latest. This is the 'inside out' kind of thinking, we don't have a mobile QB so the middle needs to be consistently firm.