• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft & FA

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the season is going on...the Steelers 1st pick of the '20 draft is starting to take shape. Maybe they can find a playmaking TE, but RB has to be on their minds as well. Conner really needs to finish out the season strong imo or that position could become a bigger need. IMO, Snell is not a feature back, but can be effective as a RB2.

TEs of early note that could be on the board in the 2nd rd.

Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri

Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt

Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Arkansas

RBs...I'd love Deandre Swift, but he's probably going mid to late 1st rd.

Jonathan Taylor*, RB, Wisconsin

J.K. Dobbins*, RB, Ohio State
this is a year with alot of good rb's. I think its a year you find that 2-4 round guy again. WHich is where u may be able to get jonathan taylor. Dobbins is great, and a great college back, but hes fast, and quick twitch, i dunno, just not usually how we roll.

All of the tight ends mentioned had round 1 grades coming into this year and have disappointed, so they likely will be available. I think there are alot of Tight ends coming out this year as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i stand corrected i didnt realize how big dobbins was, yikes.

3 backs i really like that have mid round grades are

cam akers

najee harris

And my persona favorite, but hes ALWAYS HURT, but i love his skillset

I also am a huge fan of Eno benjamin, durable, workhorse, 3 down skillset.

id really be happy with moss or benjamin, but moss would need a fully body protective armor

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE, OLB, IOL are gonna be high on the list this offseason.

I don't know how much I care to look at RB. Maybe start looking late in the draft. But there are actual holes to fill, I don't see RB as a weakness.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a year with alot of good rb's. I think its a year you find that 2-4 round guy again. WHich is where u may be able to get jonathan taylor. Dobbins is great, and a great college back, but hes fast, and quick twitch, i dunno, just not usually how we roll.

All of the tight ends mentioned had round 1 grades coming into this year and have disappointed, so they likely will be available. I think there are alot of Tight ends coming out this year as well.

Good to know...ya know I said just last week to a fellow Steeler fan that I've been wanting a change of pace RB...a make the 1st guy miss kind of player....I know they tried a couple under Haley that were busts, but idk if he was trying to be funny or what, but he said we already have that guy...#30....maybe I should be content with #40...I like his burst.

The way the season is playing out...if Conner can't finish the season without missing more games I would be more interested in a 3 down RB....Snell imo is a depth RB at this level, like Samuels skillset a lot, but I wouldn't want to spend the highest pick they have on a RB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how much I care to look at RB. Maybe start looking late in the draft. But there are actual holes to fill, I don't see RB as a weakness.
nah its not something im super concerned about, was just bringing up some prospects. Something else to keep in mind, they need to start preparing to rebuild that O-line, its old, really old, investing in that line was spectacular, and paid such larg dividends.

villaneuva is 31
foster is 33
decastro is 29
Pouncey is 30
Feiler is only 27 if they think he is the answer

but they arent epically old, but they are getting up there, and someone correct me if im wrong, i thought i heard they were the oldest O-line in the league. it will disintegrate quickly

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly wouldn't spend the top pick on a RB, but I'm starting to be of the opinion that Connor is never going to be healthy all season so I see it more as a need than a weakness if that makes any sense. Snell Jr is okay, but doesn't appear to be a load carrier either.

OLB, TE, G/C...agree these should be the top priorities.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't spend the top pick on a RB, but I'm starting to be of the opinion that Connor is never going to be healthy all season so I see it more as a need than a weakness if that makes any sense. Snell Jr is okay, but doesn't appear to be a load carrier either.

OLB, TE, G/C...agree these should be the top priorities.
I want to see more from Edmunds. I think he can earn a roster spot next year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah its not something im super concerned about, was just bringing up some prospects. Something else to keep in mind, they need to start preparing to rebuild that O-line, its old, really old, investing in that line was spectacular, and paid such larg dividends.

villaneuva is 31
foster is 33
decastro is 29
Pouncey is 30

but they arent epically old, but they are getting up there, and someone correct me if im wrong, i thought i heard they were the oldest O-line in the league. it will disintegrate quickly

OL...well, the FO wanted to transition out of 2 spots last yr...imo Ben convinced them to re up with Foster.

So...assuming they are ready to move on from Foster...Finney is the guy they will tap for that role...or I could see them moving Chuks to RT, and Feiler inside to LG.

As far as the age...idk that answer, but I'm not concerned, the only guy that's probably at the end of his prime is Foster...AVill will probably get a 3 yr extension, but could they decide to put one of the youngsters in there? TWO PS guys, Derwin Gray was looked at inside and outside...also Patrick Morris, but I wonder if he's strictly a C or C/G.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see more from Edmunds. I think he can earn a roster spot next year.
Meh...maybe. The top 3 RBs are Connor, Samuels, Snell...considering they're carrying 5 right now, so 4 is not unreasonable....yeah I think Edmonds can make it.

Connor's deal runs thru '20 season so the entire position group is on a rookie contract for another yr (which they need) More than likely if they make any changes to the RB room they will be minor.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

villaneuva is 31
foster is 33
decastro is 29
Pouncey is 30

Foster should be done. Pouncey is showing decline. I think DeCastro can anchor for a few years yet. Villy is a question, low miles, but yeah he's getting old.

Chuks could move in to tackle, Finney should be a LG or OC starter soon.

Wholesale changes are coming, though. I wouldn't be opposed to using that 2nd round pick on a Center. Next year could be Pouncey's last on the roster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster should be done. Pouncey is showing decline. I think DeCastro can anchor for a few years yet. Villy is a question, low miles, but yeah he's getting old.

Chuks could move in to tackle, Finney should be a LG or OC starter soon.

Wholesale changes are coming, though. I wouldn't be opposed to using that 2nd round pick on a Center. Next year could be Pouncey's last on the roster.

Pouncey and Ben are both UC thru the '21 season...unless his play drops off like Gilbert's did, he and Ben are most likely going out together. I think Pouncey will be 32-33 then. I think if they can get a AVill a nice bump in pay but keep it team friendly, they will extend him for 2 or 3 yrs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side not folks, tj watt is now second in dpoy odds behind gilmore. and fitzpatrick who wasnt even listed is now in a tie for 5th

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side not folks, tj watt is now second in dpoy odds behind gilmore. and fitzpatrick who wasnt even listed is now in a tie for 5th

Wow...that's great hopefully he beast out Gilmore, but 2nd behind Gilmore? Where is Myles Garrett on this list?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey and Ben are both UC thru the '21 season...unless his play drops off like Gilbert's did, he and Ben are most likely going out together. I think Pouncey will be 32-33 then. I think if they can get a AVill a nice bump in pay but keep it team friendly, they will extend him for 2 or 3 yrs.
Ben complicates things, But Ben isn't assured to be here in '21 either.

And FWIW, PFF grades him out as trash level Center this year.
Maurkice Pouncey | Pittsburgh Steelers C | NFL and PFF stats | PFF

I don't know how much that might have to do with a lack of Ben/motivation on his part. But some of these snaps have been inexcusable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben complicates things, But Ben isn't assured to be here in '21 either.

And FWIW, PFF grades him out as trash level Center this year.
Maurkice Pouncey | Pittsburgh Steelers C | NFL and PFF stats | PFF

I don't know how much that might have to do with a lack of Ben/motivation on his part. But some of these snaps have been inexcusable.

The snaps have been terrible in some games and we saw one lead directly to a DEF score...definitely inexcusable for a vet guy that's played in pro bowls.

Ben...true, but the only reason he doesn't finish this contract is health. Aside from that the Rooneys will see to it that he retires a Steeler.

I don't follow PFF much but on the eye test alone, Pouncey needs to step his game back up.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The snaps have been terrible in some games and we saw one lead directly to a DEF score...definitely inexcusable for a vet guy that's played in pro bowls.

Ben...true, but the only reason he doesn't finish this contract is health. Aside from that the Rooneys will see to it that he retires a Steeler.

I don't follow PFF much but on the eye test alone, Pouncey needs to step his game back up.
A young qb thrown into the fire, he needs to have solid OC play. He should have been able to get that here. Pouncey isn't some scrub.

Pouncey is absolutely making Mason's job harder than it should be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A young qb thrown into the fire, he needs to have solid OC play. He should have been able to get that here. Pouncey isn't some scrub.

Pouncey is absolutely making Mason's job harder than it should be.

Agree on all points here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i was banging the drum for edmonds to be on this roster out of training camp. He played well in the pre-season. Hes not now. Conner is hurt. Snell is hurt. Samuels is not a RB but a weapon.

There arent a ton of great options out there. But what we need is a RUNNER, not a 3 down back.

Some options:
Doug Martin-he ran ok last year and can pass catch
alfred morris
kapri bibbs
jay ajayi (hes worked out places and not signed so i think somethings up)
CJ anderson-this would be my choice