• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pessimistic on his return. There are so many new therapeutics for migraines, you'd think he would have this under control, IF his is controllable at all. If pressed for an over / under on regular season games played this season, I'd set it at 20. He'll try to play, I just don't think it's going to go well for him. Sad to say.
Wasn't his migraine situation brought on by concussions? Either way unless he's totally cured from it another good head smack could spell the end for him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very curious. I was pumped when we got him and now just hoping he turns out to be a solid third line center.
Sucks how that worked out for us, funny part is I can't even remember the number 1 pick was, he's having such a stellar career lol.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cale Makar and Petterson are the best players from the top 10 of that draft. Wish we took one of them instead
With the first pick, the NJ Devils pick Nico Hischier

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's been very quiet so far this offseason. I honestly don't feel comfortable with where we are currently. I'm not sure what's going on in the mind of Fletcher. With limited cap space and a couple of key pieces missing, where and what happens? I think we are relying on our youth to hold the fort down, but my fear is possibly seeing Provorov taking a step back with not having a good partner alongside him. The unknown of Patrick concerns me a ton. Thoughts?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! It's been very quiet so far this offseason. I honestly don't feel comfortable with where we are currently. I'm not sure what's going on in the mind of Fletcher. With limited cap space and a couple of key pieces missing, where and what happens? I think we are relying on our youth to hold the fort down, but my fear is possibly seeing Provorov taking a step back with not having a good partner alongside him. The unknown of Patrick concerns me a ton. Thoughts?
I agree 100 % with this. With the surprise retirement of Nisky kind of screwed us as we now dont know which Prov we are going to get. We also havent added any scoring as that was another need in the playoffs. If we go into the season with Braun on the top pair again it may be a long season. Hopefully more moves to come.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously a big optimist here, but even I have some concerns with where they stand right now. I'm not terribly concerned with the 3C position. I think between Patrick and Frost they get that hole plugged this season with a young guy. Obviously a leap of faith, but I think they get that settled.

I am concerned on defense though. They'll need a big step forward from Sanheim or Myers to replicate the effectiveness/depth of last season and I'm not sure that big step is going to come. I would really appreciate another top 4 dman, preferably one that's defensive minded.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something in regard to Quebec may get a team back after the Seattle expansion? I think that would be great. I would like to see more Canadian franchises in the NHL. I realize the Nordiques were not as supportive like Montreal, but it was enjoyable watching players like Goulet play in that awesome Nordique jersey. Kind of feel bad when they moved to Colorado, they went on to be a powerhouse for years. Thanks to the Flyers helping them out with the Lindros trade. And even to this day, I still love the deal. Lindros is my all time favorite Flyers player next to Lindbergh, Kerr, and Howe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is interesting
We have just enough cap space to squeeze this guy in and I hope the talks yield a swap of a player or a draft pick or two. He would be new blood with an incredible upside.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have just enough cap space to squeeze this guy in and I hope the talks yield a swap of a player or a draft pick or two. He would be new blood with an incredible upside.
I am with you on this. Everyone could use more scoring but does he fit into the defensive system AV plays. I guess it depends on who we would have to give up. I dont like the way this years team is constructed especially on defense so im hoping changes are coming.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to thank my Dodgers for winning the title!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

and also thank the Red Sox for trading us Mookie Betts :dhd:

Now i need the Flyers to get one please and thank you.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to thank my Dodgers for winning the title!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

and also thank the Red Sox for trading us Mookie Betts :dhd:

Now i need the Flyers to get one please and thank you.
The Red Sox have some historical terrible decisions on letting their stars leave and go on to win titles. Babe Ruth, Wade Boggs, and Roger Clemons just to name a few. Congrats. It's been over 30 years since their last title in 1988. I still remember that dramatic walk off homerun by Kirk Gibson. Orel Hershiser was the ace back then.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have some historical terrible decisions on letting their stars leave and go on to win titles. Babe Ruth, Wade Boggs, and Roger Clemons just to name a few. Congrats. It's been over 30 years since their last title in 1988. I still remember that dramatic walk off homerun by Kirk Gibson. Orel Hershiser was the ace back then.
Didn't he hit that homer versus Eckersly? Another great player.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on this. Everyone could use more scoring but does he fit into the defensive system AV plays. I guess it depends on who we would have to give up. I dont like the way this years team is constructed especially on defense so im hoping changes are coming.
Unless you swap JVR for him your getting almost the same player, he can score but dear lord he sucks everywhere else. Plus you'd have to give up too much to get him. We have offensive talent on this team but not much on the defensive end, that's where we should be working on getting stronger.