• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem is what do you give up? If he is what he is, how big of a risk are you willing to take. If it was a super cheap deal then yes I'd be on board, any physicality would be wel come at this point.
We had Freidman for really cheap (free) and let him go for nothing. I still cant figure that one out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i told you we could get a defenseman who had 53 points in 68 games last season and is a very tough customer. He is right handed ,his team will retain at least half of his 4.5 million salary we dont have to protect him and we can get him really cheap would you want that defenseman

I believe this covers everyones needs on here. If there is anything else im missing as far as our needs post it and i will let you know if this guy fits into that category. Her does not own a Stanley cup title.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Patrick Kane on goal number 400. Man do i wish we got you in that draft.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading that Patrick may sit a game or two against Pitt with TK coming back.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i told you we could get a defenseman who had 53 points in 68 games last season and is a very tough customer. He is right handed ,his team will retain at least half of his 4.5 million salary we dont have to protect him and we can get him really cheap would you want that defenseman

I believe this covers everyones needs on here. If there is anything else im missing as far as our needs post it and i will let you know if this guy fits into that category. Her does not own a Stanley cup title.

Sounds like a Deangelo pitch at first read :D

edit: Hockey-Reference confirms the points/gp

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of that is a perfect. There's no question. Good contract, shouldn't cost more than a mid round pick, RH. Brings a physical edge.

You're the one that bashes the leadership group the Flyers have, can they take on a problem child and keep the room together? The Rangers could obviously use a talented player and they've deemed him not worth it. So the attitude has to be altered and kept in check. Do you trust Giroux/Voracek/Hayes to keep it together and not become a distraction?

I suppose it's low risk. Acquire him and if it doesn't pan out, do what the Rangers have done and send him away. But if he's your deadline add and you don't make another move, you're no better than you are now going into the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Stats
Deangelo - 68 gp 53 pts +12 57 blocks 48 hits 48% CF 56% OZ starts
Savard - 68gp 11 pts -3 163 blocks 129 hits 46.5% CF 42% OZ starts
Ekholm - 689gp 33pts -1 100 blocks 49 hits 50.4$ CF 49% OZ starts

From that, stylistically Savard and Ekholm are better fits. Deangelo is more of a sheltered, offense-first defenseman. What the Flyers really need is a boost defensively.

Doesn't mean we should shut the door on him completely. If Ekholm is too expensive and the BJ's don't sell, I think you have to do your due diligence. But I definitely prefer the other two guys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is a perfect. There's no question. Good contract, shouldn't cost more than a mid round pick, RH. Brings a physical edge.

You're the one that bashes the leadership group the Flyers have, can they take on a problem child and keep the room together? The Rangers could obviously use a talented player and they've deemed him not worth it. So the attitude has to be altered and kept in check. Do you trust Giroux/Voracek/Hayes to keep it together and not become a distraction?

I suppose it's low risk. Acquire him and if it doesn't pan out, do what the Rangers have done and send him away. But if he's your deadline add and you don't make another move, you're no better than you are now going into the playoffs.
Fist yes our leadership is terrible with Gee wearing the C and that wont change until Couts gets the C.

Its a very low risk and fits all of our needs.

He wouldnt be our only add this on top of getting Echolm. Its a low risk add.

Although if he was our only add how could we not be better than we are going into the playoffs. He is better than Gus or Haag.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Stats

From that, stylistically Savard and Ekholm are better fits. Deangelo is more of a sheltered, offense-first defenseman. What the Flyers really need is a boost defensively.

Doesn't mean we should shut the door on him completely. If Ekholm is too expensive and the BJ's don't sell, I think you have to do your due diligence. But I definitely prefer the other two guys.
Ekholm has pretty shitty stats for 689 games played.:heh::D

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 Stats

Whats stopping us from getting both Deangelo and Eckholm?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading that Patrick may sit a game or two against Pitt with TK coming back.

I hope that doesn't happen. I hope Patrick stays with Giroux and Hayes. He hasn't lit up the scoresheet, but in the past couple games I thought he was contributing on offense. His forechecking was impactful in letting that line hem the Sabres in big time. And he's reliable defensively.

I think his game is trending the right direction and I wouldn't mess with that if I were the coach. I'd let Konecny takes his place on the PP though. He hasn't been as good there and TK should be on the PP.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that doesn't happen. I hope Patrick stays with Giroux and Hayes. He hasn't lit up the scoresheet, but in the past couple games I thought he was contributing on offense. His forechecking was impactful in letting that line hem the Sabres in big time. And he's reliable defensively.

I think his game is trending the right direction and I wouldn't mess with that if I were the coach. I'd let Konecny takes his place on the PP though. He hasn't been as good there and TK should be on the PP.
I agree i though Patrick has played his best games this season since moving to wing

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats stopping us from getting both Deangelo and Eckholm?

I guess nothing haha. If that's the way you want to go. Sit Hagg and Gus? Or Braun and Gus?

I would be legit interested to see what the Rangers want (or get) for Deangelo. He's a buy low guy, good upside, and if getting banned from a bad team when you're one of their best players doesn't wake you up..

But a bad apple can totally wreck a team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess nothing haha. If that's the way you want to go. Sit Hagg and Gus? Or Braun and Gus?

I would be legit interested to see what the Rangers want (or get) for Deangelo. He's a buy low guy, good upside, and if getting banned from a bad team when you're one of their best players doesn't wake you up..

Like you said, if he can be told to shut up and stick to hockey he'll be fine. Would need to avoid the media to because you know what all the questions would be for him. Maybe he got woke in this new Era of wokeness?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has had time back in the minors so i would think he learned his lesson.

He has just as good of numbers as Ghost when he was good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, if he can be told to shut up and stick to hockey he'll be fine. Would need to avoid the media to because you know what all the questions would be for him. Maybe he got woke in this new Era of wokeness?
Low risk is worth it for me. He may having gotten woke in the minors and fits everyone of our needs.