• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico Hishier was just named captain of the devils. Do you think Patrick gets named captain for us by 2035

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking how weird is it that less than a few months removed from last season to this season that we owned Boston last season and it's now reversed and the Islanders owned us last season and we are up on them so far this season with same rosters pretty much.
I think a large part of it was players were showing up in those Boston games last year. Oskar was playing 100% better than he is now. TK was playing better to. Just seems to me there is no consistent leadership on this squad and that hurts IMO.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico Hishier was just named captain of the devils. Do you think Patrick gets named captain for us by 2035
I honestly don't think his career will amount to much. If he plays here beyond his current contract I'd be surprised barring a miracle turnaround.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else getting tired of watching Sanheim let the forwards beat him in the corners to pucks only to try that slide stick from behind move that only work 1 out of 10 times. Wish he'd just hit somebody

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a large part of it was players were showing up in those Boston games last year. Oskar was playing 100% better than he is now. TK was playing better to. Just seems to me there is no consistent leadership on this squad and that hurts IMO.
Nisky hurt losing but our team cant be this bad because we lost one defenseman.

I think this season is on AV and the coaching staff for trying to turn players into something they are not and TK is a prime example of that

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly looked like a team missing Jake, G, TK, Laughton and Oskar. No team is that deep. Take one guy out and the other 11 can cover, take 5 of you top 9 and you are fucked.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly looked like a team missing Jake, G, TK, Laughton and Oskar. No team is that deep. Take one guy out and the other 11 can cover, take 5 of you top 9 and you are fucked.
Like I told Las though, we weren't winning with those guys in the line up either . However those games came down to defensive lapses more than anything.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had those players in when we lost 6-1 to them a couple weeks ago.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I told Las though, we weren't winning with those guys in the line up either . However those games came down to defensive lapses more than anything.

We had those players in when we lost 6-1 to them a couple weeks ago.
Before the latest Covid problem, they were 8-2-3. Maybe it wasn't pretty, but they were winning. Right now Boston has our number, but I am surprised last night was as close as it was. 9-0 would not have shocked me.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nisky hurt losing but our team cant be this bad because we lost one defenseman.

I think this season is on AV and the coaching staff for trying to turn players into something they are not and TK is a prime example of that
I agree with this. It is ass-backwards from how to build a winning team. You get players that fit the system you intend to play, not turn players into something they're not. OR.... have a system that fits with the make up of the players you have. With the minimal moves Fletcher has made, it tells me he wants the make up we have. We have a physically weak team, I don't think there is any debate on that. I am so tired of watching a Marchand physically manhandle our largest d-men. I am tired of watching opposing players parked in front of our net, and even when our D tries to clear them out, our guys end up flat on the ice. I am tired of our forwards getting skated off the puck by opposing d-men.

That all being said, if its about skill and speed, then use it. Our PP is, like many have said, an embarrassment. Five guys standing in predictable spots forcing passes through lanes that are blocked. How about some motion ? How about some cycling ? The passive PK... is Yeo still a coach ? How can he be cashing his paycheck for the abomination that is our PK. Get aggressive and get 2 on the puck and take your chances.

I need a 5-0 shutout win on Wednesday..... badly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. It is ass-backwards from how to build a winning team. You get players that fit the system you intend to play, not turn players into something they're not. OR.... have a system that fits with the make up of the players you have. With the minimal moves Fletcher has made, it tells me he wants the make up we have. We have a physically weak team, I don't think there is any debate on that. I am so tired of watching a Marchand physically manhandle our largest d-men. I am tired of watching opposing players parked in front of our net, and even when our D tries to clear them out, our guys end up flat on the ice. I am tired of our forwards getting skated off the puck by opposing d-men.

That all being said, if its about skill and speed, then use it. Our PP is, like many have said, an embarrassment. Five guys standing in predictable spots forcing passes through lanes that are blocked. How about some motion ? How about some cycling ? The passive PK... is Yeo still a coach ? How can he be cashing his paycheck for the abomination that is our PK. Get aggressive and get 2 on the puck and take your chances.

I need a 5-0 shutout win on Wednesday..... badly.
Excellent post! I am tired of the exact same thigs.

Heres the problem with this team. As you said we have a physically weak team and one would assume if youre a weak team you must be fast and skilled. Thats where our problem lies. We are not only weak but we arent a fast team and dont have great skill. The three areas in the NHL you need to be great and we dont excel in any of those areas so thats a huge problem.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that Andreoff was a little physical, that helps a lot. Not sure why they don't prefer him over Bunnyman, I mean it's not a big difference except one is more physical and more experienced. Either way if this team doesn't make some kind of splash at the trade deadline then I can't see farther then 2nd round in the playoffs if we don't run into Boston lol.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post! I am tired of the exact same thigs.

Heres the problem with this team. As you said we have a physically weak team and one would assume if youre a weak team you must be fast and skilled. Thats where our problem lies. We are not only weak but we arent a fast team and dont have great skill. The three areas in the NHL you need to be great and we dont excel in any of those areas so thats a huge problem.
I wouldn't go as far as to say they have no skill but I'm beginning to think that the coaching mainly the assistants are garbage. PK is a good example and PP not great either. But not being able game plan for a one line team is beyond ridiculous. There is no plan I'd sooner see them run clock when they are out there hit them every chance whatever but do something other than let skate all over the place without being touched. It's embarrassing to watch...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked that Andreoff was a little physical, that helps a lot. Not sure why they don't prefer him over Bunnyman, I mean it's not a big difference except one is more physical and more experienced. Either way if this team doesn't make some kind of splash at the trade deadline then I can't see farther then 2nd round in the playoffs if we don't run into Boston lol.
Yep dead on if they play Boston and don't come up with a game plan they'll be out in four. Just stop one line and they win...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go as far as to say they have no skill but I'm beginning to think that the coaching mainly the assistants are garbage. PK is a good example and PP not great either. But not being able game plan for a one line team is beyond ridiculous. There is no plan I'd sooner see them run clock when they are out there hit them every chance whatever but do something other than let skate all over the place without being touched. It's embarrassing to watch...
FYI I didn't say they have no skill i said they dont have great skill.

I do agree that AV and the coaching staff need to figure this thing out and soon

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nak was very physical as well.Im still puzzled as to why Morin wasnt running around trying to give this team some life after they made it 4-2.

If we make trades at the deadline we have to give up players . Who will other teams want that we dont need

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panarin taking a leave of absence. He is being accused of paying off someone to get out of a charge of beating a woman.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nak was very physical as well.Im still puzzled as to why Morin wasnt running around trying to give this team some life after they made it 4-2.

If we make trades at the deadline we have to give up players . Who will other teams want that we dont need
C’mon !!!! There’s got to be a market for weak, slow, unskilled players.