• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe could of got an extra one had we sent out people who could score in a shoot out! Seriously, JVR and Hayes?

I don't know why the Flyers even bother in the shootout. Even with a full group to pick from they still suck. They should just start pulling their goalie in OT in hopes they can score 4 on 3.

Coots' attempt last night was great though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the Flyers even bother in the shootout. Even with a full group to pick from they still suck. They should just start pulling their goalie in OT in hopes they can score 4 on 3.

Coots' attempt last night was great though.
I think we should just win in regulation so we dont have to worry about the shootout.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. He's terrible. It's crazy to me that they would put him out to try to spark a listless powerplay instead of Ghost.
Yea how he gets top minutes over anyone is confusing to me lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. He's terrible. It's crazy to me that they would put him out to try to spark a listless powerplay instead of Ghost.
Ghost has 1 point in 8 games so its not like hes is tearing it up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has 1 point in 8 games so its not like hes is tearing it up.

That's a fair point. I just think if you're going to keep Ghost on the ice, you might as well use him where he's at his best. I guess you could say the same for Gustafsson, but that just gets back to why the signing was such a strange one.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what they had in the lineup I thought that they actually played pretty well. D was decent for once. Ghost played a lot better. The penalties were brutal looked like the refs wanted all three stars...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what they had in the lineup I thought that they actually played pretty well. D was decent for once. Ghost played a lot better. The penalties were brutal looked like the refs wanted all three stars...
100% agree with this

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost was out of position on the second goal against. It was a turnover and quick play, but he could have been quicker to cover

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Yes, we have a lot of forward depth, but we were literally missing 5 of our top 9 forwards for this contest. I think that would cripple most teams, so to get a point out of this one is actually encouraging. Guys like Couturier, Provorov and Myers really shined. Props to NAK, Farabee, Hayes and Raffl too for playing big minutes and coming through offensively.

Obviously the refs were pretty atrocious. Two different penalties in just a couple seconds against the same team!? That never fucking happens because it's either virtually impossible or it's completely idiotic. Hagg was flagged for high sticking when a Ranger lifted his stick into the face of another Ranger. Also, the penalty shot awarded to Buchnevich was just plain terrible. He got a glorious scoring chance out of his breakaway, then was awarded another one after being lightly tapped...Lol Fortunately, Hart was solid enough to stop both of them, but that's beside the point.

Perhaps one of the few, legitimate penalties that were called all game long was the one on Patrick in OT and I think that probably saved a goal against.

I'm not saying that the refereees cost us this game, I'm saying it made for a terrible viewing experience altogether, regardless of which team you were rooting for.

Last edited:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another paywall. But LeBrun talks about the Flyers as one of the 4 here. Did hedge that there hasn’t been any indication from the Preds they want to sell and start the rebuild, yet. But, they’re bad. And aging. FWIW, article also said other GMs said no GM was more aggressive in trying to get a top 4 guy in the offseason than Fletcher. couldn’t find a fit.

Ekholm would be a massive add. He’s good. He’s big. He can bring some mean. He’s got a cheap contract for what he is (3.5ish for this year and next).

He’s LH which isn’t as ideal. And being signed for next year complicates the expansion draft. But damn would he look good in the Flyers top 4.

LeBrun hypothesizing he’d require a ‘Muzzin-like’ return. Muzzin to the leafs was a 1st, Grunnstrom, and Durzi. So a 1st, a former 2nd round pick, and a depth guy.

1st rounder is easy. Not going to worry about the depth guy / throw in. Plenty of options there.

Former 2nd round pick. So, decent, but not top notch prospect. My first thought here would be Zamula. Andrae, Allison, Cates could be in there. Ersson is having an outstanding season in the SHL from what I’ve read, could be an option.

If Ekholm does become available, I’d push my chips in if I were Fletcher. Worry about the expansion draft later. Outside of being LH, he’s a near perfect fit for what the team needs IMO.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article

Good find! Very interesting indeed. Would be crazy to see a team ice a 2F, 3D shift. Not too much different than basketball with their different lineups though. Hockey is just so fast, the line changes would get confusing going back and forth I would think. Would almost need to commit the whole team to it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost was out of position on the second goal against. It was a turnover and quick play, but he could have been quicker to cover
Yes he could have been better on that play but overall he is showing improvement over last year. I'm happy for the kid.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another paywall. But LeBrun talks about the Flyers as one of the 4 here. Did hedge that there hasn’t been any indication from the Preds they want to sell and start the rebuild, yet. But, they’re bad. And aging. FWIW, article also said other GMs said no GM was more aggressive in trying to get a top 4 guy in the offseason than Fletcher. couldn’t find a fit.

Ekholm would be a massive add. He’s good. He’s big. He can bring some mean. He’s got a cheap contract for what he is (3.5ish for this year and next).

He’s LH which isn’t as ideal. And being signed for next year complicates the expansion draft. But damn would he look good in the Flyers top 4.

LeBrun hypothesizing he’d require a ‘Muzzin-like’ return. Muzzin to the leafs was a 1st, Grunnstrom, and Durzi. So a 1st, a former 2nd round pick, and a depth guy.

1st rounder is easy. Not going to worry about the depth guy / throw in. Plenty of options there.

Former 2nd round pick. So, decent, but not top notch prospect. My first thought here would be Zamula. Andrae, Allison, Cates could be in there. Ersson is having an outstanding season in the SHL from what I’ve read, could be an option.

If Ekholm does become available, I’d push my chips in if I were Fletcher. Worry about the expansion draft later. Outside of being LH, he’s a near perfect fit for what the team needs IMO.
Yes I'd be in on that deal it could drive them to the cup so why not?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched Andrae in the World Juniors and he is not good at all. If anybody wants him id be suprised. It would be nice if they would take him Frost and a third rounder next year for Eckholm

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story so far they can't stop their only line. Very frustrating to watch them just let that line score at will. Can they not put Couts out there against them? Something anything but instead they are content to let them do whatever they want. Stop that line and they win pretty simple.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three goals by their only line. They just can't stop them and will lose every time unless they do. It's beyond ridiculous..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they're really screwed as other lines are scoring. It's over they can't beat Boston may as well trade some vets and retool for next year.