• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was all a major let down haha. I don't want to see Ghost leave, but a little activity would at least be exciting for a few days!
Something better happen or doing that to Ghost was a dick move.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, they can send him to the taxi-squad every non-game day and save the prorated cap hit. Gives them a little more deadline cap space. So theoretically it helps that a bit. And they seemed to think he'd clear all along, so maybe that really was the plan?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dick move that I think AV and Fletcher orchestrated knowing that some money would free up to get a goaltender to replace Hart for the time being. I don't think Fletcher has any intentions of making a splash at the trade deadline. I think they will bring in Bernier to help in net with Elliot and the season will come to a disappointed end of no playoffs. Off-season will be the big splash in my opinion. Let Hart refocus and put him on the shelf.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they can send him to the taxi-squad every non-game day and save the prorated cap hit. Gives them a little more deadline cap space. So theoretically it helps that a bit. And they seemed to think he'd clear all along, so maybe that really was the plan?
But if you insert Prosser or Morin into the line up that's 700,000 added so the Ghost savings is almost nothing, seems such as senseless move especially since Hagg and Myers are playing much worse!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dick move that I think AV and Fletcher orchestrated knowing that some money would free up to get a goaltender to replace Hart for the time being. I don't think Fletcher has any intentions of making a splash at the trade deadline. I think they will bring in Bernier to help in net with Elliot and the season will come to a disappointed end of no playoffs. Off-season will be the big splash in my opinion. Let Hart refocus and put him on the shelf.

Putting Hart on the shelf for a week or so to get his game right is one thing. Benching him for a month sounds like a terrible plan IMO.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we win the two games in hand that we have on Pitt we are only 6 points behind them. why not do something to help us make that playoff spot being so close.I dont understand the rationale if they dont do anything but get a back up goalie to go with our current back up goalie.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your not making a big splash move, why not just ride Elliott and let Lyon be back up? Why trade away anything for Bernier? Be a waste IMO.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Hart on the shelf for a week or so to get his game right is one thing. Benching him for a month sounds like a terrible plan IMO.
Agree. I don't know what the Flyers plans are if they are trying to bring in another goaltender? You don't bring in Bernier if the plan is to sit Hart for 1 week?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you insert Prosser or Morin into the line up that's 700,000 added so the Ghost savings is almost nothing, seems such as senseless move especially since Hagg and Myers are playing much worse!

Prosser and Morin hang out on the taxi-squad on non-gamedays too. Now Ghost can join them. I assume Ghost will still be the gameday player. Anyone with eyes can see he's better than Gus and Prosser.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we win the two games in hand that we have on Pitt we are only 6 points behind them. why not do something to help us make that playoff spot being so close.I dont understand the rationale if they dont do anything but get a back up goalie to go with our current back up goalie.
my head is spinning because a lot of things this organization is doing currently is quite confusing and frustrating so far.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your not making a big splash move, why not just ride Elliott and let Lyon be back up? Why trade away anything for Bernier? Be a waste IMO.

100% agree.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't know what the Flyers plans are if they are trying to bring in another goaltender? You don't bring in Bernier if the plan is to sit Hart for 1 week?
I'm not buying that if anything bring in someone better than Braun to pair with Provy doesn't have to be a superstar if you are concerned with losing them in expansion. Morin has looked good enough to play on the third pair even with Ghost ride it out back there with those two moves. Unless of course something better breaks at a good price but I'd only do a pure hockey trade no rental.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosser and Morin hang out on the taxi-squad on non-gamedays too. Now Ghost can join them. I assume Ghost will still be the gameday player. Anyone with eyes can see he's better than Gus and Prosser.

Ok I was just going by this article where the guy was saying you'd have to add a defenseman to the line up, but I guess you wouldn't with the current rooster.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I was just going by this article where the guy was saying you'd have to add a defenseman to the line up, but I guess you wouldn't with the current rooster.
I believe that the leafs did the same thing with spezza although he blatantly told the league don't take me or I will retire which is BS. This just gives them more flexibility now especially if they do bring in another dman. I know Josh Manson's name was brought up but I'm not sure if he would fit the bill alongside Provy? Too bad Myers wasn't ready as it would be easier to move him up and fill 2nd pairing role.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEE ! By expecting a dickhead move like bringing in Suban, the dickhead move Fletcher just orchestrated is a step up !

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need two points tonight and i think we are ready for a 6-2 victory.
I think it's going to be a similar game like the other night. We will win but I think we will be chasing the game again. Nothing has changed with this team as far as playing a full 60 minutes. And they will continue to do this especially because it's the Sabres tonight.