• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st 48 minutes was the game I was hoping to see after the Wednesday. The team then shit the bed for 7 minutes. The Islanders were entering the zone uncontested. Leddy looked like our guys were social distancing 6 feet. The final 5 they showed some character to win in regulation. This is a game to build on.
We see the first 48 minute team every once in a while. The problem is we can never sustain that type of energy for weeks at a time. We only see that team sporadically.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such soft goals given up by Hart so i dont blame them for getting the late game minus 2. The team played well last night. If it wasnt for Hart we pretty much beat them badly.
I couldn't get the game last night. I watched harvest on the ESPN, lol. Hart is a mess, eh? I'm glad this didn't go to OT. So do you continue to roll with Hart or go with someone else at this point?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't get the game last night. I watched harvest on the ESPN, lol. Hart is a mess, eh? I'm glad this didn't go to OT. So do you continue to roll with Hart or go with someone else at this point?
I mean hes so young and has so much potential i got to believe he will snap out of it at some point .He needs to watch film of himself from seasons past and get his positioning better as he is in the butterfly before the player even shoots and his rebound control needs to be a lot better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will we do about Sanheim being an RFA next year.

He'll get re-signed, I feel sure of that. Silver lining to a down season is he might be less expensive. The normal cycle is to go bridge on the first deal, keep him RFA, then his last RFA deal is a longer term with a bigger cap hit.

With Sanheim somewhat plateauing, I bet it ends up being a shorter deal. Flyers will try to get him long term at a low number, like they did with Couturier. Sanheim will what something shorter, betting on himself and not wanting to be locked into a Couturier-like deal until he's on the wrong side of 30.

At least, that's what I think would happen pre-COVID. Who knows what everyone's thinking and where the numbers stand for everyone now. It'll be interesting to see in the summer. I could see a lot of short term, low money deals being signed. A lot of NHL teams just don't have the money to spend. Should drive the price for everyone down. But players won't want long term deals at discounted rates.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get re-signed, I feel sure of that. Silver lining to a down season is he might be less expensive. The normal cycle is to go bridge on the first deal, keep him RFA, then his last RFA deal is a longer term with a bigger cap hit.

With Sanheim somewhat plateauing, I bet it ends up being a shorter deal. Flyers will try to get him long term at a low number, like they did with Couturier. Sanheim will what something shorter, betting on himself and not wanting to be locked into a Couturier-like deal until he's on the wrong side of 30.

At least, that's what I think would happen pre-COVID. Who knows what everyone's thinking and where the numbers stand for everyone now. It'll be interesting to see in the summer. I could see a lot of short term, low money deals being signed. A lot of NHL teams just don't have the money to spend. Should drive the price for everyone down. But players won't want long term deals at discounted rates.
Id have to assume the cap goes down as well.

Couts is gonna be a killer contract as he is going to get at least 4.5 more per season than he gets now. Still another season and a half away.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean hes so young and has so much potential i got to believe he will snap out of it at some point .He needs to watch film of himself from seasons past and get his positioning better as he is in the butterfly before the player even shoots and his rebound control needs to be a lot better.
Hart down in butterfly early - I thought that was what I was seeing as well.

Glad a hockey expert pointed that out.

he’s down on his pads sliding, basically taking himself out of the play way too early, leaving the shooter his choice of open holes to exploit.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart's game is suffering because he is trying to do to much because I'm sure he feels like a target dummy at times. Once the defense gets solider he will to. He probably has never had this shitty of a defense in front of him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart down in butterfly early - I thought that was what I was seeing as well.

Glad a hockey expert pointed that out.

he’s down on his pads sliding, basically taking himself out of the play way too early, leaving the shooter his choice of open holes to exploit.

I read an article the other day that was focused on his struggles this season. It was from a goalie-centric site. And it basically said it's a combination of going down too early, but also shrinking when he is down and making himself small. Not only does small not cover as much net, but it's an extra movement he has to complete before reacting to the shot. So he's small, and a little slow.

I'll see if I can find it again, it was interesting. And I definitely see what the writer was talking about on replays.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article the other day that was focused on his struggles this season. It was from a goalie-centric site. And it basically said it's a combination of going down too early, but also shrinking when he is down and making himself small. Not only does small not cover as much net, but it's an extra movement he has to complete before reacting to the shot. So he's small, and a little slow.

I'll see if I can find it again, it was interesting. And I definitely see what the writer was talking about on replays.
So true. What he does is go down early and then duck his head to try to see around guys in front thus bringing his head and hands lower. Two years ago his positioning was better and pucks sometimes would just hit him because he was covering more of the net.

Your Hokies looking for the first upset of the tourney.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 regulation wins in the last 10.

We are exactly 50% done with the season.

We need to play a lot better than we have in the last 10 just to be mediocre.

Do we buy or sell before the April 12th deadline?>

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is officially not good for your health.

They allow the Rangers their widest margin of victory in 35 years one night in what may have been the ugliest performance I've ever witnessed and the very next night they play probably their best second period of the season only to blow a 3-0 lead in just 7 minutes of the 3rd period, then they somehow manage to regroup, score late and beat a team that was undefeated on home ice in regulation (12-0-2).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 19th on PP and 24th in PK.

Theses areas need to improve immediately.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins get shut down because of Covid.

This could be the break we need.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Hokies looking for the first upset of the tourney.

Close, but no cigar! Unfortunate. Seems like they're getting a good program established though which is exciting. I have higher hopes for the bball team than I do for the football team these days.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but no cigar! Unfortunate. Seems like they're getting a good program established though which is exciting. I have higher hopes for the bball team than I do for the football team these days.
I had the Ho kies winning today in my bracket. They had a great chance. My Buckeyes may be in trouble today. Oral Roberts was a tough draw for us. They are an extremely good shooting team, especially at the 3.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 regulation wins in the last 10.

We are exactly 50% done with the season.

We need to play a lot better than we have in the last 10 just to be mediocre.

Do we buy or sell before the April 12th deadline?>
I think they may wait it out because why give away assets if they continue to play this poorly. The only reason they would make a move now is if its a regular hockey trade to shake things up and bolster the D. Similar to what Winnipeg and Columbus did.

I would still role with Hart he's your guy so play through it. Elliot is too old to deal with this BS.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Ho kies winning today in my bracket. They had a great chance. My Buckeyes may be in trouble today. Oral Roberts was a tough draw for us. They are an extremely good shooting team, especially at the 3.
Guess Ohio state just can’t win on Purdue soil.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It's a curse for sure.
And Purdue goes down in the first round - so typical. Headcoach has zero ability to win in tournament atmosphere. A decent recruiter and regular season coach but sucks in post season.

string of no final fours goes to 41 years. Last appearance was when I was in school there.