• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll say it again so there is no misunderstanding, it's time to move on from Gee and Jake, I don't say this because I don't like them but their the oldest players that have good return value. If you don't involve those 2 you will never get the return you need to fill your defensive woes. Plus their not getting younger but we need this team to. Also, lets be real with each other here, we aren't winning a cup with these 2 so why not bolster our defense and go for it. It sucks but it's the future.

I would take trading G or Jake over doing something rash with one of the kids. This has ’trade a promising young guy for a mediocre veteran under the guise of trying to compete this year’ reaction written all over it. That would be the worst case scenario. I’m still not to the point of calling for G/Jake to be traded, but that would be better than the former option.

Firing Yeo is my favorite reaction.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Claude Giroux after the Flyers' 5-4 loss to the Capitals: "I do believe our game is trending the right way."4 days ago

OH REALLY !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That was a stupid comment. AV said basically the same too.

Only reason to say it is because you think it’s a complete lack of confidence thats killing them.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take trading G or Jake over doing something rash with one of the kids. This has ’trade a promising young guy for a mediocre veteran under the guise of trying to compete this year’ reaction written all over it. That would be the worst case scenario. I’m still not to the point of calling for G/Jake to be traded, but that would be better than the former option.

Firing Yeo is my favorite reaction.
I agree and I hope they don't trade a future asset for a player that won't get us to a cup. Like I said, if your gonna get value you gotta trade value. Trying to stay relatively young has got to be the goal so unfortunately Gee and Jake are the only older valuable players to bring back good rewards. Also if you can shed JVR to the Kraken I think you could open up a lot of doors for getting better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I hope they don't trade a future asset for a player that won't get us to a cup. Like I said, if your gonna get value you gotta trade value. Trying to stay relatively young has got to be the goal so unfortunately Gee and Jake are the only older valuable players to bring back good rewards. Also if you can shed JVR to the Kraken I think you could open up a lot of doors for getting better.

I wonder how much value they can get back for Gee and Jake. Their cap hits are high, and not a lot of teams have space. The teams with space, don't have a need for veteran players other than in salary dumps where they get extra assets with them. I'm only open to moving them if they can get quality back.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I expected to see last night. Holy hell that was quite the St Patty Day Massacre. Tonight may get ugly as well.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of you guys starting to wonder if AV is the right coach for this team? It just seems like a similar pattern keeps happening. We get blown out, win a game or two, and then the same results happen. I just don't understand why he didn't call a timeout when Shi t hit the fan. At this point, he's damaged Hart. Why did he even bother bringing him in?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR has the most trade value of the three of them right now. Why would we not trade him instead of letting him go to the Karaken for free?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of you guys starting to wonder if AV is the right coach for this team? It just seems like a similar pattern keeps happening. We get blown out, win a game or two, and then the same results happen. I just don't understand why he didn't call a timeout when Shi t hit the fan. At this point, he's damaged Hart. Why did he even bother bringing him in?

He gave up last night just as much as the players did, which obviously sucks. His unwillingness to call timeouts drives me nuts. But I'm not there yet. There's roster issues here. They need a shakeup and some attitude.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR has the most trade value of the three of them right now. Why would we not trade him instead of letting him go to the Karaken for free?

I agree with this. I think JvR gets you more than G or Jake based on production and contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to say anything today. Everyone voiced what ive been saying all year. Glad to see everyone come over to the dark (rational) side.

Its sad to see this going on to our beloved Flyers really really sad.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey its almost time go on our annual 7-10 game winning streak to bring all of you off the ledge and start believing again just to stay middle of the road team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to say anything today. Everyone voiced what ive been saying all year. Glad to see everyone come over to the dark (rational) side.

Its sad to see this going on to our beloved Flyers really really sad.

The worst part to me is that I don't see a good path forward here. Any trade Fletcher makes right now would be selling low on players. The cliche is other GM's throw anchors not life lines. So the best course of action is probably the most frustrating one, standing pat and hoping the team bounces back. Then at least your in a position to make decent moves if you still think it's necessary.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part to me is that I don't see a good path forward here. Any trade Fletcher makes right now would be selling low on players. The cliche is other GM's throw anchors not life lines. So the best course of action is probably the most frustrating one, standing pat and hoping the team bounces back. Then at least your in a position to make decent moves if you still think it's necessary.
So i'm assuming you're off your 1-2 year timeline you had the other day. That was very optimistic.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has AV or Fletcher had a press conference yet? I missed last night's post game. I'm wondering what his responses were?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has AV or Fletcher had a press conference yet? I missed last night's post game. I'm wondering what his responses were?
What could they say? Im sure it was all the same garbage. We will move on from this. We wont even watch the tap.e Tomorrow is a new day. We will focus on playing the Islanders etc etc etc

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could they say? Im sure it was all the same garbage. We will move on from this. We wont even watch the tap.e Tomorrow is a new day. We will focus on playing the Islanders etc etc etc
I doubt this team can put this ass kicking behind them that quickly. Less than 24 hours. BTw, no way we will score 5-6 goals against this Islanders squad. That's probably what we will need to win. As far as who gets us rolling tonight, who knows? Maybe we get shut out again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this team can put this ass kicking behind them that quickly. Less than 24 hours. BTw, no way we will score 5-6 goals against this Islanders squad. That's probably what we will need to win. As far as who gets us rolling tonight, who knows? Maybe we get shut out again.
Losing 9-0 to the Rags on national TV. It doesnt get any worse than that. The Islanders may feel bad for us and let us score a goal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now we know what rock bottom feels like.

That second period was quite possibly the worst played period of hockey I've ever seen from one team in my entire life.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i'm assuming you're off your 1-2 year timeline you had the other day. That was very optimistic.

Honestly I still think this team has a lot of talent. And I don't think they're that far off. They just have the wrong mix of talent.

Their most talented defenders, Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, and Ghost have nearly the same strengths and weaknesses. They're all good skaters, typically can move the puck really well, have good offensive instincts and have the ability to defend well with their sticks. But they struggle under pressure, they don't take the body ever, and they take every single mistake like it's the end of the world and get mired in slumps like they're all in now where they couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. York and Zamula will be more of the same I expect. And I don't have much faith in the rest of the crew to be anything more than 5-6-7 types.

If they can find a way to get different talent on the blueline, I still think they could compete as soon as next year. But that's a big if. You'd be selling low on the NHL guys now, or giving up a high-end prospect. Unless you move a forward for help on D, which they definitely could. But I don't think Giroux, Voracek, or even JvR brings in what you need to really have a competitive window.

For me, Myers has been the biggest disappointment this year. And based on AV's press conference a week or so ago after he benched him, it was basically for playing a soft game. Pinching without taking the body. Losing board battles. And his game last night was the perfect example of what's wrong with his game. I only watched about the 1st half. But he lost a board battle that led to one goal. He was soft at the net front to allow another goal. He took two penalties, one of which was because he pinched like a timid school girl and casually swung a one-handed poke check at the forward and his stick ramped and caught the guy in the face. That's absolutely not good enough. And it's extremely concerning that he played like that after the coaching staff has lambasted him in public after presumably getting on him game after game in private. He's 6'5 - 215, RH, and can skate. He's the PERFECT fit to what the Flyers need, except he doesn't play the right way and is apparently refusing to change.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^And that's not to ignore the forwards. Backchecking is a major issue too. The Flyers get MAULED in the neutral zone this year. Transitioning to offense against them is easier than running a hot knife through butter. Whoever skates the puck out of the d-zone has years of time to thread a perfect pass to a forward streaking behind the defense. You have to contest that pass or the defense will be sitting ducks. And it shows up night after night, game after game. Last year, during their hot streak, they disrupted everything. Teams rarely exited the d-zone with possession, and when they did the Flyers contested the shit out of the puck in the neutral zone.

That part of their game from last year has completely disappeared. And there's absolutely no reason for that other than the players laying an egg. Niskanen's departure didn't change the way they forecheck or the way the forwards play in the neutral zone.

The only thing I'd put on the coach is that they don't organize their lines to play a structured game. Putting Patrick with Bunnaman and Andreoff is useless. Bunnaman and Andreoff bring energy, forecheck, they'll try to backcheck. But Patrick is thinking offense first. It's completely disjointed so they look terrible. Laughton is having a great year, but don't put him with Giroux and Voracek. Or Hayes and Konecny. What a waste. Put Laughton and Raffl together with another energy guy like NAK and let them forecheck the crap out of people and actually be hard to play against. At least one line would be. If Laughton (and co.) deserve more ice time. Then give that line more ice time, don't move one of them up the lineup. On the other lines, load up your offensive talent and try to outscore their defensive liabilities. Or give them 4th line minute quantities if they don't play the right way. And for god's sake, set a lineup and leave it for a few games.

Last edited: