• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens should've had 7 or 8 goals. Ill bet they arent on their board creating posts around that narrative. You know how many times ive heard this season "we couldve scored" X amount of goals. This doesn't mean much unless we actually score them.

We need to make adjustments when teams give us the hard forecheck. Its clear we cant cover that type of game as of yet.

AV please make the adjustments immediately so we can win tomorrow.

I would say you haven't heard it many times this year. The Flyers offense has looked like crap most of the year haha. Outshooting/outchancing the opponents is new in the last week.

Provorov and Ghost got wrecked last night. That's why they lost.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paints a pretty decent picture of a game the Flyers played OK in. Dominated corsi and fenwick, scoring chances were pretty even. Where they got into trouble was the high dangers chances, as a result of a handful of turnovers most likely. Even with that, the Flyers ended up with a higher xG. Some of that is due to the Flyers trying to come back most of the game, but still not a terrible game.

I think the Flyers win that style of game more often than they lose it. Last night the Pens just capitalized.
Do they count in the corsi stats that the Pens had 5 starters out?

Gotta love the sabermetrics being used these days.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say you haven't heard it many times this year. The Flyers offense has looked like crap most of the year haha. Outshooting/outchancing the opponents is new in the last week.

Provorov and Ghost got wrecked last night. That's why they lost.
2 goals doesnt win many NHL games these days so it wasnt only on the defense. Especially against a badly undermanned team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they count in the corsi stats that the Pens had 5 starters out?

Gotta love the sabermetrics being used these days.

The Flyers should have won last night. There's no excuse for it, that's why it was the first thing I said about the game.

I'm just trying to go deeper than "waaahhhh the Flyers suck, trade the captain" for every single loss.

IMO, the Flyers lost because
1. Jarry played well.
2. Provorov and Ghost did not.

The Flyers can control one of those things. Don't have to throw the whole team under the bus. They played pretty well. That process will get them a lot of wins, it just didn't last night.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers should have won last night. There's no excuse for it, that's why it was the first thing I said about the game.

I'm just trying to go deeper than "waaahhhh the Flyers suck, trade the captain" for every single loss.

1. Jarry played well.

Don't have to throw the whole team under the bus. They played pretty well. That process will get them a lot of wins, it just didn't last night.
And im trying to get rid off the "Yeah" our offense is good and really shouldve won mentality. Get rid of the mentality of making excuses.

We lost and deserved to have lost because they scored more than us. There is no "we deserved to win" You either win or lose period!

Jarry played well and hart played even better so what. Means nothing the score is still the same.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jarry played well.

The Flyers can control one of those things. Don't have to throw the whole team under the bus. They played pretty well. That process will get them a lot of wins, it just didn't last night.
The process does get them a lot of wins but i am looking for a process that gets us a cup.

I would think after a 47 year draught you would want the same.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would shoot
Unfortunately, even if they do blow it up, I don't see the Jackets moving him. But damn would he look good in black and orange.
Shoot for the moon for Ekblad.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process does get them a lot of wins but i am looking for a process that gets us a cup.

I would think after a 47 year draught you would want the same.

The cup wasn't available to be won last night, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

We're looking for a process and a roster that can win a cup. The process last night was good enough to win a cup. The team wasn't. They need help on defense, we all agree on that.

And even cup favorites lose games sometimes. It doesn't mean they can't win the cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And im trying to get rid off the "Yeah" our offense is good and really shouldve won mentality. Get rid of the mentality of making excuses.

We lost and deserved to have lost because they scored more than us. There is no "we deserved to win" You either win or lose period!

Jarry played well and hart played even better so what. Means nothing the score is still the same.

When I say they "should have won" I mean the Flyers, going into last night, against the Penguins, the Flyers should have played well enough to come away with 2 points. On paper, they are the more talented team. They should have expected to win and they should have gotten 2 points from the game.

I don't mean they played well enough that they should've won the game and got robbed somehow. They could have played better and won the game. It is disappointing that they did not.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give props to the Pens coach. He had a game plan last night and the team bought in. It was a team win on their end. Two average dmen were able to contain our goal scorers. There defense shut down the front of the net for the most part. Majority of our shots were from outside.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give props to the Pens coach. He had a game plan last night and the team bought in. It was a team win on their end. Two average dmen were able to contain our goal scorers. There defense shut down the front of the net for the most part. Majority of our shots were from outside.
Also gotta give props to Hextall for stealing Freidman and he was better than our defenseman

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cup wasn't available to be won last night, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

We're looking for a process and a roster that can win a cup. The process last night was good enough to win a cup. The team wasn't. They need help on defense, we all agree on that.

And even cup favorites lose games sometimes. It doesn't mean they can't win the cup.
I posted that because i'm tired of the excuses.

i know the cup wasn't able to be won last night.

Posting Corsi stats that says we were better is just making an excuse.

If we win be happy and if we lose be mad that's what im looking for not excuses.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jarry played well.

I would say the Pens also got an energy boost from the limited fans in attendance, passed the puck better and overall played a better team game in every zone of the ice. They had to do all of that to win too because we currently have a massive edge in talent.

Too many missed shots, critical turnovers and defensive lapses for our group to claw back or stay competitive. Yeah, Jarry was good, but so was Hart, we just didn't help him out enough. For example: Malkin and Rust BOTH left all alone in front of our net on the 3rd goal against...wtf!?

Also, it's just so frustrating and deflating to give up a goal a minute after scoring a goal and we somehow did that after both times we scored. Wave goodbye to the momentum.

The goal into the empty net just tells the tale. Such poor execution. That can't happen.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Sean Couturier. He's completely dominating right now and yet the other lines and his defense are letting him down routinely. The dude can't play 60 minutes a night, give him some help for fuck sake!!

The other centers need to step up and so does the defense as a whole. Expect more from guys like Hayes, Laughton and Patrick in the near future. Giroux is better than this too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that because i'm tired of the excuses.

i know the cup wasn't able to be won last night.

Posting Corsi stats that says we were better is just making an excuse.

If we win be happy and if we lose be mad that's what im looking for not excuses.

I didn’t say they were better. In any of those posts. I said they played pretty well and the Pens capitalized when they didn’t. The Flyers need to remove “when they didn’t” from their game.

All I said was they played pretty well. IMO there are losses to get mad about, when the team blows. I didn’t think last night was one of those nights.

In a league where even the best teams lose 25-30 games per season, getting pissed about every loss is crazy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, just mute lasgop as I did a long, long time ago. He gives his own team more shit than our most bitter rivals give us. When we finally win a Cup, he should not be allowed to celebrate because he clearly fucking hates this team and doesn't believe in any of the players. It's an absolute joke...Lol

Don't bother arguing with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say they were better. In any of those posts. I said they played pretty well and the Pens capitalized when they didn’t. The Flyers need to remove “when they didn’t” from their game.

All I said was they played pretty well. IMO there are losses to get mad about, when the team blows. I didn’t think last night was one of those nights.

In a league where even the best teams lose 25-30 games per season, getting pissed about every loss is crazy.
If you arent pissed after a loss like last night and posting Corsi stats to say we played good is just making an excuse for them. After losing last nights game to a team with 5 starters out you should be pissed and not looking to post rainbows in our favor.