• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the PP has shown some positive steps the past week or so. It’s actually moving the puck around, changing the shooting points, and getting shots through.

The PK is a hot mess and has been for 5 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve got a problem on the right side of the defense. There’s no question. Myers has been off, putting Ghost out there against top half of the lineup talents is playing with fire. Even good Ghost is going to turn the puck over. Against quality competition, they make you pay. Ideally he’s a 2nd or 3rd pair guy that you try to shelter from the other team’s best offensive players. But you want Provorov out there against the best offensive players. So you’ve got a problem. And Provorov is the best cover for Ghost, which allows him to play his best without being scared. They’re simultaneously the best pair and the worst pair to play together.
I was thinking the exact same thing I was hoping Ghost could play with Provy but he's too much of a liability on the top pairing. They need to shelter him to make it work. Overall the Flyers D is garbage Nisky somehow was the glue to make it work last year but now the confidence is shit.

I do blame the shit ST coaching been saying it for a year now.that hasn't helped but Fletcher needs some blame as he hasn't fixed the D. Let's see if he can redeem himself as they aren't going anywhere without a fix and fast. Shit pens D with Friedman who they gave them is better!...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the PP has shown some positive steps the past week or so. It’s actually moving the puck around, changing the shooting points, and getting shots through.

The PK is a hot mess and has been for 5 years.
Last year the PK wasn't bad Hayes and Couts very good but the D is so shitty this year it doesn't matter.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the exact same thing I was hoping Ghost could play with Provy but he's too much of a liability on the top pairing. They need to shelter him to make it work. Overall the Flyers D is garbage Nisky somehow was the glue to make it work last year but now the confidence is shit.

I do blame the shit ST coaching been saying it for a year now.that hasn't helped but Fletcher needs some blame as he hasn't fixed the D. Let's see if he can redeem himself as they aren't going anywhere without a fix and fast. Shit pens D with Friedman who they gave them is better!...

Niskanen balanced Provorov and let him be the play-pusher rather than playing conservatively to cover up for a mistake-prone partner. The second pair struggles I attribute mostly to Myers struggling this year.

But a Savard/Ekholm can fix a lot of that I think. Plus they'd help the PK.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hard to watch. It seems like once we get behind, everyone but Farabee is looking for the perfect pass rather than shooting. 11 forwards with a pass first mentality isn't going to cut it. Everyone on this board knew the loss of Niskanen was a big deal. Somehow the management did not get the memo. Ghost isn't 1st pairing and Braun isn't 2nd. All three pairings are weaker because of the loss of one player. A legitimate, does not have to be a superstar, right handed defenseman makes this team so much better. Trade now or wait until the trade deadline? With the expansion draft next year, you don't want to give up too many assets. Tough decision, but one that needs to be made.

Provy - Vantanen type
Sanheim - Myers
Ghost - Braun

Guss, Hagg and Prosser.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niskanen balanced Provorov and let him be the play-pusher rather than playing conservatively to cover up for a mistake-prone partner. The second pair struggles I attribute mostly to Myers struggling this year.

But a Savard/Ekholm can fix a lot of that I think. Plus they'd help the PK.
I think Savard fits my "legitimate right handed defenseman" and he will not break the bank.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to beat Boston for anyone to start feeling truly good about the team. I'm really not too worried about anyone else in the division.
If youre not worried about the Islanders you are overrating our players .

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense was just embarrassing. They did what every other team knows is our weakness and forechecked the shit out of our defense and created turnovers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got welcomed back to reality after playing the crap Rags and the shit ass Sabres.

Now we need to make adjustments and counter their forecheck in the next two games.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys just can’t stay mentally in the game for 60 minutes. So many brain farts leading to goals against.

I think they overthink and get overcoached. That could be an explanation for how they can whipsaw between looking like contenders to looking like pretenders.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who remembers way back when Gee came off of his Covid lockdown against the Rags and was flying around like a beast.

What happened to that guy?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets break the bank an offer the moon for Seth Jones.

Absolutely would. Couturier and Hart are the only players/assets I wouldn't include in a trade for Seth Jones.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys just can’t stay mentally in the game for 60 minutes. So many brain farts leading to goals against.

I think they overthink and get overcoached. That could be an explanation for how they can whipsaw between looking like contenders to looking like pretenders.
Not playing a 60 minute game is our MO. Its been that way for 10 years. We have never been able to overcome that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree

Unfortunately, even if they do blow it up, I don't see the Jackets moving him. But damn would he look good in black and orange.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who remembers way back when Gee came off of his Covid lockdown against the Rags and was flying around like a beast.

What happened to that guy?

Could've used more from G and his linemates, sure. But they generated enough offense last night to score 4 or 5 goals. They gotta clean up the d-zone and the turnovers from d-men.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paints a pretty decent picture of a game the Flyers played OK in. Dominated corsi and fenwick, scoring chances were pretty even. Where they got into trouble was the high dangers chances, as a result of a handful of turnovers most likely. Even with that, the Flyers ended up with a higher xG. Some of that is due to the Flyers trying to come back most of the game, but still not a terrible game.

I think the Flyers win that style of game more often than they lose it. Last night the Pens just capitalized.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've used more from G and his linemates, sure. But they generated enough offense last night to score 4 or 5 goals. They gotta clean up the d-zone and the turnovers from d-men.
The Pens should've had 7 or 8 goals. Ill bet they arent on their board creating posts around that narrative. You know how many times ive heard this season "we couldve scored" X amount of goals. This doesn't mean much unless we actually score them.

We need to make adjustments when teams give us the hard forecheck. Its clear we cant cover that type of game as of yet.

AV please make the adjustments immediately so we can win tomorrow.