• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-2021-2022-2023-2024 NFL thread

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible non call on the helmet to helmet hit on the Steelers kicker on a fake fg. Concussion protocol, out for the game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Detroit Lions were to disappear off the face of the Earth, would they be missed?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
la-liga-what-a-rush.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible non call on the helmet to helmet hit on the Steelers kicker on a fake fg. Concussion protocol, out for the game.
Legitimate question: do the rules protect Boswell there the same way a QB is protected as long as they haven't "become a runner"?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimate question: do the rules protect Boswell there the same way a QB is protected as long as they haven't "become a runner"?

Saw this last evening… the officials didn’t see anything that they could deem a penalty. He was considered a passer

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a pussy, but I'm at the point where I think all helmet-to-helmet hits should be flagged. I know it's tough when a QB ducks his head at the last second and the defender has very little option as he's committed to the hit, but those types of hits can be an automatic review to determine if it is a penalty or not.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this last evening… the officials didn’t see anything that they could deem a penalty. He was considered a passer

Thanks. I was curious because I seem to remember something from a season or two ago where they said certain protections don't apply on special teams plays.

If I'm remembering, maybe it was that there can't be defensive pass interference and that it was entirety based on the formation of the play. I.e., if you line up to punt/kick, DPI is off the table.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a pussy, but I'm at the point where I think all helmet-to-helmet hits should be flagged. I know it's tough when a QB ducks his head at the last second and the defender has very little option as he's committed to the hit, but those types of hits can be an automatic review to determine if it is a penalty or not.
Agree 100%. The sky judge has to have greater authority to step in on those too. It's so idiotic that the sky judge can only step in if there is a flag on the field to determine if it's ejection worthy.

But when the refs fuck up (*shocked face*) and don't even throw the flag in the first place, sky judge is completely handcuffed.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those need to be reviewed. The Bengals were cost a shot at a victory yesterday on a 3rd down stop that would have forced a punt when the Jets runner lowered his head into the Bengals defenders helmet who was going low to make the tackle. Review would have clearly showed that the Jets player initiated the helmet to helmet contact.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in the day when we just played games before sport specific was a thing?
Now fast forward to yesterday in Cleveland. You mean to tell me not one genetically gifted professional athlete can not kick a ball through a goal post?

The Steelers not having a backup plan is asinine. They’re fortunate to have won the game and not have it come down to a kick.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in the day when we just played games before sport specific was a thing?
Now fast forward to yesterday in Cleveland. You mean to tell me not one genetically gifted professional athlete can not kick a ball through a goal post?

The Steelers not having a backup plan is asinine. They’re fortunate to have won the game and not have it come down to a kick.

I remember back in the day watching the Saskatchewan Roughriders where one of their O-linemen was also their placekicker and he was damn good as well lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Larry Robinson (the CFL player, not the NHL HHOF defenseman) was a Stamps DB and also a placekicker back in the day.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you Dasher but I think it should be like facemask penalties.

If the offender is bracing for impact in ANY WAY, ala the Jets/Bengals game,: 5 yard penalty from the spot of the foul.

If not. Personal Foul and 15

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought the refs were off their game alot yesterday.

Take a look at that 2nd to last Minnesota drive.

That was not roughing the passer on Basham

Gregory was trying to remove people from the pile. I have no problem with that.

The 3rd. I think Cook was still fighting for more yards. Gregory just needs to finish the hit. No issue.

If it was then why not flag VanDenBosh for doing THE EXACT SAME THING.