• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 US Open

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already done more than Dolgopolov ever did lol. Isn't even close.

He won a masters 1000, made a GS finals, and is a top 5 player in the world.

Medvedev is only 23 and will continue to get better

I agree about his accomplishments.

I just don't know about his decision-making. That's what I was getting at.

Some of the same comments some people probably had about Monfils, even though he did pretty well at a young age.

Last edited:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very fun match

the touch and finesse shown by both sides and the ridiculous hustle on the court was really fun to watch. It was a very different kind of final and I loved it.

I did like some of those net points and serve and volley points.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it's just my insignificant opinion, but I really do believe he's won his last major.

I hope I'm wrong because I love Roger.

Like on Saturday, any other time I'd have been 100% behind Serena for #24.

But I had to pull for Bianca.

It's not insignificant. :) It's a good discussion.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berrettini & Dimitrov are the huge movers in the latest ATP rankings.

Berrettini up 13 spots to #12 while Dimitrov up 53 spots to #25.

Berrettini is someone whose game I liked more. If he can get his control a little better.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time his career is gone, how many more majors will Rafa have than Fed?

Only 33 and only thing I see possibly slowing him down in the next 2 or 3 years is injuries. I'm going to say 3 or 4 by the time his career is over.

He still has a good shot at the AO. He's made 5 Finals in his career.

Wimbledon will be a little harder, but he's in the ballpark with his results.

I think he manages his schedule well after Wimbledon by only playing in 1 tournament or so, so that he's ready for the US Open.

3-4 sounds good.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think someone in their mid-career could still win one, like Cilic, a healthy Del Potro, Thiem, Wawrinka, thus impeding some of the younger players (who also look good).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Monfils, I really thought he was going to win that 2008 French Open SFs over Federer. Outside of Nadal, and eventually Wawrinka, that's the most I've seen Federer struggle on clay for the entire match.

He's had some long matches and losses to others too, but I just felt that Federer was struggling to win almost every point against Monfils in that one. I thought Monfils was going to join peers like Tsonga and Berdych and that we'd consistently see him in the QFs, SFs, and Finals of majors.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like some of those net points and serve and volley points.
I'd love to see how much running each of them covered during that match because it seemed like a different kind of tennis than I am used to seeing in that final. It wasn't just smash and grab tennis.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Monfils, I really thought he was going to win that 2008 French Open SFs over Federer. Outside of Nadal, and eventually Wawrinka, that's the most I've seen Federer struggle on clay for the entire match.

He's had some long matches and losses to others too, but I just felt that Federer was struggling to win almost every point against Monfils in that one. I thought Monfils was going to join peers like Tsonga and Berdych and that we'd consistently see him in the QFs, SFs, and Finals of majors.

Hell of an athlete that kid. I love watching him play when he's on song.

Really wanted him to beat the Italian kid.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see how much running each of them covered during that match because it seemed like a different kind of tennis than I am used to seeing in that final. It wasn't just smash and grab tennis.

Would you measure running in terms of back to forward, instead of side to side?

How do you think the running metrics would be different?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of an athlete that kid. I love watching him play when he's on song.

Really wanted him to beat the Italian kid.

I saw Monfils at an exhibition match once against Sampras. In between one of the points during the match, he grabbed two kids from the stands, brought them onto the court, and posed for pictures with them. This was in the middle of a game.

It makes fans want to root for him, because of the fun he has while playing.

And he's talented too.

It would be cool to see he and Svitolina in the Finals of a major. I don't know if any couple has ever made the Finals of the same major, for Mens and Womens. Agassi and Graf at the 1999 Wimbledon don't count, since they weren't together.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Monfils at an exhibition match once against Sampras. In between one of the points during the match, he grabbed two kids from the stands, brought them onto the court, and posed for pictures with them. This was in the middle of a game.

It makes fans want to root for him, because of the fun he has while playing.

And he's talented too.

It would be cool to see he and Svitolina in the Finals of a major. I don't know if any couple has ever made the Finals of the same major, for Mens and Womens. Agassi and Graf at the 1999 Wimbledon don't count, since they weren't together.

He is talented but seemingly lacks the motivation required to be top 5.

I don't know about Svitolina. She plays a dainty girly style of game. I'm surprised she's ranked so high.

From what I saw versus Serena, Andreescu would eat her for lunch too. Like she did Bencic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think someone in their mid-career could still win one, like Cilic, a healthy Del Potro, Thiem, Wawrinka, thus impeding some of the younger players (who also look good).

JDP may never play tennis again.

Cilic/Wawrinka, I can see sneaking in a Hard Court GS if the draw goes their way and they're playing at a high level.

As for Thiem, I don't see a GS currently unless it is at the French Open. It is the only GS that he performs well at consistently. Clay is clearly his best surface.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cilic/Wawrinka, I can see sneaking in a Hard Court GS if the draw goes their way and they're playing at a high level.

As for Thiem, I don't see a GS currently unless it is at the French Open. It is the only GS that he performs well at consistently. Clay is clearly his best surface.

For Thiem, agree about clay. I just think he can bring it on hard courts too. He hasn't always the best results, but I still think he has a few runs in him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see him winning any more non clay court titles. He practically died in this one. The wear and tear will get to him quickly the way he plays. Best case I think he gets to 20.
He did it! He has won another non clay title, the 2022 Australian Open.

He practically died in this one.

He did struggle during the first two sets, in the points he won. They were not easy.

But he eventually found some strategies that worked, and found a way to win.

Also, what does that say about Medvedev, who couldn't beat Nadal when Nadal was dying in the points that he won? ;)

It's very likely though, that if he wins more non clay majors, he will have to suffer like he did in this tourney. Not saying he can't do it, but that he will make it look very difficult at times, and he'll face a lot of danger.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time his career is gone, how many more majors will Rafa have than Fed?

Only 33 and only thing I see possibly slowing him down in the next 2 or 3 years is injuries. I'm going to say 3 or 4 by the time his career is over.

He still has a good shot at the AO. He's made 5 Finals in his career.

Wimbledon will be a little harder, but he's in the ballpark with his results.

I think he manages his schedule well after Wimbledon by only playing in 1 tournament or so, so that he's ready for the US Open.

3-4 sounds good.

Nadal did it! At the 2022 Australian Open.

For Thiem, agree about clay. I just think he can bring it on hard courts too. He hasn't always the best results, but I still think he has a few runs in him.

Thiem did it! At the 2020 US Open.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it! He has won another non clay title, the 2022 Australian Open.

He did struggle during the first two sets, in the points he won. They were not easy.

But he eventually found some strategies that worked, and found a way to win.

Also, what does that say about Medvedev, who couldn't beat Nadal when Nadal was dying in the points that he won? ;)

It's very likely though, that if he wins more non clay majors, he will have to suffer like he did in this tourney. Not saying he can't do it, but that he will make it look very difficult at times, and he'll face a lot of danger.
With Djokerbitch not being in the next 2 Aussies Rafa can win another.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the 3 year ban official? Wow.

Wonder if Thiem / Wawrinka / Federer can get back to the Finals.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about your "dying" comment from 2019, during the Finals, especially when it looked like Nadal had to work so hard to win a point.

Fortunately he was willing to pay that price, and find some strategies that worked, and get the win.

I did not think Nadal had to suffer as much in 2019, so I disagreed with your sentiment in that tourney.

But if you had said it in 2022, I would have agreed, it did look like that.