• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't, but being a superstar he was able to move passed it. This would be dogging another lessor known player for weeks.

Circling back to a topic we discussed a few days ago...Rory is playing well, but just miss a green with a wedge...something we talked about. Will have to follow that.

I'll tell you what ...I was going to write the other day that I doubt that Rory would contend at all.
Just never got around to writing it.

I poke around the internet and realized there was nothing about Rory's record at Pebble that would tell you he can contend here. He has only played it twice and miss the cut both times. Some courses just don't fit your eye.

It's a course that his power does not give him a big edge. Rumor has it you only need driver on 4 holes give or take.

And so what happens, He shoots -3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I watch a golf tournament with golf pass. Coverage starts early and you get a lot obscure golf announcers.

This one guy was the most informative announcer I have ever listened to. (It kills me I don't remember his name)

This guy did it all, he would get into the grass, the grooves on the wedges, the difference in iron play between 30 years ago and today. When he was done, he doubled your golf knowledge.

Now compare that to an announcers comment today as guys were putting ....

Paul Azinger: "Guys have to close their mouths when they chew gum"

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for Kaymer....hope he can keep up the good play from the Memorial.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil is still a fan favorite and most folks have already forgotten about that bad decision.
I wouldn't mind seeing him win at all but he has no credibility in his criticism of the greens the USGA puts out there. He should have been disqualified for doing something that egregious

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these great golfers and they have to talk about Tiger.....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stomach turns when these grown men are calling out Woods' name as he goes by. All you hear if "Tiger, "Tiger". Its seems like they are so proud of themselves calling out the name of a guy who would not spit on them if they were on fire. These sycophants are sickening.

Reactions: GNG

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nutty for sure, I thought he'd lost his mind too initially, but I now feel that he knew exactly what he was doing and should have been DQ'd. Or he should've withdrawn...that would made an even bigger statement which was his objective all along.
He should have been disqualified for that childish act.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these great golfers and they have to talk about Tiger.....
All the sycophantic knob-gobbling of Woods by the fans and announcers makes you root even harder against the guy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koepka really let me down today.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I watch a golf tournament with golf pass. Coverage starts early and you get a lot obscure golf announcers.

This one guy was the most informative announcer I have ever listened to. (It kills me I don't remember his name)

This guy did it all, he would get into the grass, the grooves on the wedges, the difference in iron play between 30 years ago and today. When he was done, he doubled your golf knowledge.

Now compare that to an announcers comment today as guys were putting ....

Paul Azinger: "Guys have to close their mouths when they chew gum"

That sounds refreshing. All I hear of announcers is this constant fucking speculating on who will win and each player's chances. Can we just watch the damn tournament?

All the sycophantic knob-gobbling of Woods by the fans and announcers makes you root even harder against the guy.

I was watching the re-run of the coverage last night and Tiger was off the green in the rough in a late shot....don't remember 15th or 16th maybe. The ball looked like it was sitting up on a tee. You could see the entire circumference of the ball "It's sitting down on him" says the announcer. I swear I even paused it and showed my wife who doesn't golf. She said Jesus Christ you can see the entire ball. They even make excuses for him before he hits shots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koepka really let me down today.

Yeah, he missed a few shots coming in...the approach on 15 was from the FW iirc...way short with probably a wedge in hand.

But finished under par...and gets the morning tee time today...I think he's going to be in the mix.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds refreshing. All I hear of announcers is this constant fucking speculating on who will win and each player's chances. Can we just watch the damn tournament?

I was watching the re-run of the coverage last night and Tiger was off the green in the rough in a late shot....don't remember 15th or 16th maybe. The ball looked like it was sitting up on a tee. You could see the entire circumference of the ball "It's sitting down on him" says the announcer. I swear I even paused it and showed my wife who doesn't golf. She said Jesus Christ you can see the entire ball. They even make excuses for him before he hits shots.
Its just sickening. I can understand somewhat the fans because they live their lives through their heroes but the announcers? That's inexcusable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he missed a few shots coming in...the approach on 15 was from the FW iirc...way short with probably a wedge in hand.

But finished under par...and gets the morning tee time today...I think he's going to be in the mix.
I love his toughness but he seems to lose focus for five or six holes

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Speith is a whiney ass bitch. Blaming Greller for his shitty play is absurd. Your caddy is there for advice it up to you to know how far to hit your clubs and make the shots. Greller should have told him to shut the fuck up and play.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think of that. I believe the morning round guys went much lower than the afternoon guys yesterday. Hopefully he'll take advantage of his early tee time this morning

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join me in pulling for Charles Howell (the 3rd) to make the cut today.

The amount of promise this guys career had, it was just a matter of time before the victories (major or otherwise) would role in ......until they didn't. It's amazing how little success he has had compared to what everybody said about him when he came on the scene.

Don't know how or why but is seems to re surging this year.

It would be nice just to see him get some camera time if he creep into the top 10.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his toughness but he seems to lose focus for five or six holes

He did yesterday, more like 3 holes...I'm willing to cut him a little slack....for a so so round by his standards, he's still in the top 20.