• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never in it especially after bogeying #2 to fall 5 back. There was no reason to show him, but why do you care about Chez Reavie's camera time anyway ? Are you related to him ?
Don't be a dick. I suppose you thought that was witty but it just made you look like a fool. If you can't figure out why he deserved to be shown at least once I'll explain it to you. He deserved to be shown because only two players in the entire field beat him. They owed him at least that much respect.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a dick. I suppose you thought that was witty but it just made you look like a fool. If you can't figure out why he deserved to be shown at least once I'll explain it to you. He deserved to be shown because only two players in the entire field beat him. They owed him at least that much respect.

T-3, 6 strokes back and he never threatened to contend on Sunday.. bfd. In the 11+ years he's been on tour, he's won once, in his rookie season. They owed him nothing. But seriously, why do you care about Chez Reavie's camera time. I'm genuinely curious.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-3, 6 strokes back and he never threatened to contend on Sunday.. bfd. In the 11+ years he's been on tour, he's won once, in his rookie season. They owed him nothing. But seriously, why do you care about Chez Reavie's camera time. I'm genuinely curious.
He deserved some attention for his stellar play; as I said, only two players beat him in the tournament and he deserved some recognition. Form the 5th hole on he out-played Koepka who was his playing partner and he could have at least got a mention.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserved some attention for his stellar play; as I said, only two players beat him in the tournament and he deserved some recognition. Form the 5th hole on he out-played Koepka who was his playing partner and he could have at least got a mention.

So what ? Koepka was 5 shots ahead of him after 5 holes and he was never even close to being a factor. But they should have shown his shots because he was playing with Koepka ? Sorry, but that's not the way it works. If it was some nobody, instead of Justin Rose playing with Woodland and slapping it around on the back 9, we wouldn't have seen much of him either.. and that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what ? Koepka was 5 shots ahead of him after 5 holes and he was never even close to being a factor. But they should have shown his shots because he was playing with Koepka ? Sorry, but that's not the way it works. If it was some nobody, instead of Justin Rose playing with Woodland and slapping it around on the back 9, we wouldn't have seen much of him either.. and that's perfectly fine.
Of course it is the way it works. Don’t be a fool

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player should bitch about airtime...Chez might have a little beef, but Jason Day might have more of one.

But for those thinking it was because of Tiger...think again.

Fox's Sunday U.S. Open coverage featured Tiger Woods (a lot) less than usual, according to these numbers

According to these guys.

"First, Fox showed 317 shots during that time period, which comes out to 1.17 shots per minute. That's actually slightly below the 1.2 average of the 22 majors that have been tracked and down from last year's 1.28 number on Fox. In comparison, this year's Masters on CBS was at 1.38, but the PGA Championship, which was also on CBS, came in at only 1.14.

More important to this post, however, is how many of those 317 shots were hit by Tiger Woods. And the answer is. . . drumroll, please. . . five. Yep, 5. Out of 317."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're making an argument where one does not need to be made really.

Yes, from the 7th hole onward he did out play Koepka (they both made the same scores on 5 & 6)...but by then, Koepka was already dbl digits under par and making a serious run and Reavie was +1 and pulled even on the day after making birdie on 7.

I agree they could've shown more of Reavie, but I didn't see much to support a debate over it....by the time Reavie finished 4, Woodland had already pushed the lead to -13...no real reason to show a player at -6 unless they were making a birdie or something and I think they did show Reavie's birdie on 7.

No coverage slight here imo.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're making an argument where one does not need to be made really.

Yes, from the 7th hole onward he did out play Koepka (they both made the same scores on 5 & 6)...but by then, Koepka was already dbl digits under par and making a serious run and Reavie was +1 and pulled even on the day after making birdie on 7.

I agree they could've shown more of Reavie, but I didn't see much to support a debate over it....by the time Reavie finished 4, Woodland had already pushed the lead to -13...no real reason to show a player at -6 unless they were making a birdie or something and I think they did show Reavie's birdie on 7.

No coverage slight here imo.
We'll just have to disagree.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player should bitch about airtime...Chez might have a little beef, but Jason Day might have more of one.

But for those thinking it was because of Tiger...think again.

Fox's Sunday U.S. Open coverage featured Tiger Woods (a lot) less than usual, according to these numbers

According to these guys.

"First, Fox showed 317 shots during that time period, which comes out to 1.17 shots per minute. That's actually slightly below the 1.2 average of the 22 majors that have been tracked and down from last year's 1.28 number on Fox. In comparison, this year's Masters on CBS was at 1.38, but the PGA Championship, which was also on CBS, came in at only 1.14.

More important to this post, however, is how many of those 317 shots were hit by Tiger Woods. And the answer is. . . drumroll, please. . . five. Yep, 5. Out of 317."
And by gosh we still enjoyed the U.S. Open, didn't we.