• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hell of a 2nd shot on 14 for Woodland and that Chip on the 17th Green! Holy shirt!!!

He saved himself in round 3 with what 4-5 loooooooooooooooong par saves...

Koepka lost it when he hit it into the penalty area on what 13 or 14... He seemed to lose it after that.

Speaking of "losing it" man Justin Rose lost it... he was -7 o the back 9 the first 3 rounds and completely feel apart on Sunday...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in hindsight, his 68 on Sunday beats everyone else (but Woodland) by at least 3 strokes.

You're right in that the par 5s killed his chances...the hole I thought would keep some real pressure on Woodland was 14...a 4 there and he's only one back.

At the end of the day...Woodland was the better player this week.
And if Koepka birdies 18 than Woodland can't afford to go 6 iron, 6 iron, 9 iron on 18 like he did.
You could see early on in the tournament with how many strokes Koepka was throwing away each day that it was not going to be his tournament. Woodland out-played him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hell of a 2nd shot on 14 for Woodland and that Chip on the 17th Green! Holy shirt!!!

He saved himself in round 3 with what 4-5 loooooooooooooooong par saves...

Koepka lost it when he hit it into the penalty area on what 13 or 14... He seemed to lose it after that.

Speaking of "losing it" man Justin Rose lost it... he was -7 o the back 9 the first 3 rounds and completely feel apart on Sunday...
I think he lost it when he didn't birdie number 6. He was 4 under through the first 5 before he threw away birdies at 6 and 7. Didn't make a single birdie after #5.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he lost it when he didn't birdie number 6. He was 4 under through the first 5 before he threw away birdies at 6 and 7. Didn't make a single birdie after #5.

I didn't get to see him on the front 9 as I was golfing (in the pouring rain) with my dad but that makes sense. However, I really think when he went on the back 9 is when he did. I mean he was -7 under on that back side

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Koepka birdies 18 than Woodland can't afford to go 6 iron, 6 iron, 9 iron on 18 like he did.
You could see early on in the tournament with how many strokes Koepka was throwing away each day that it was not going to be his tournament. Woodland out-played him.

Once Woodland made par on 17...he had a 2 shot lead going to the 72nd tee box....If Koepka had somehow been able to post his birdie (hypothetical) on 18 before Woodland got to the tee on 18 so he would now know his lead was 1 instead of 2, maybe he changes his strategy, but there was no way to do that....the final group was much closer to them, in fact they probably saw Kopeka hole out.

Woodland was playing 18 for a 5...whether he had a one shot or two shot lead, I'm not sure if that changed his strategy.

Woodland did out play him...no question.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Woodland and Koepka were the best players in the field. The days of Tiger and Phil are fading fast.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing on how much coverage they gave Tiger despite his mediocre play. I was more interested in the leaders.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they call it golf.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they call it golf.
Yep. I was in a tournament this Saturday and -2 after 14 in the middle of the fairway 92 yards from the hole and started thinking about my score. Steered a gap wedge to 30 feet and promptly 3-putted. Then hit the par 5 18th in two and promptly 3 putted for par. They say when you feel nerves you leave everything short and that's what happened to me. As you say, that's golf.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing on how much coverage they gave Tiger despite his mediocre play. I was more interested in the leaders.

Perhaps overall (I guess you could make a good pt for day 3 when he was pretty much of a non-factor). However - for the final rd - not really. He was about 3 hours ahead of the leaders & towards the tail end of his rd they were just showing his putts & occasional tee shots. Fox did a good job of showing lots of different golfers every day especially since they had more hours of coverage than pretty much for any major (if you exclude PGA Live coverage or similar streaming coverage).

There was more than enough coverage of the leaders especially on the weekend. You need to get over your Tiger obsession. I am admittedly a Tiger fan, but I basically stopped caring about him this tourney after the 2nd day. Beyond that if TV chooses to show him it will be because of ratings (as they should) regardless of how you or I feel about this subject.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps overall (I guess you could make a good pt for day 3 when he was pretty much of a non-factor). However - for the final rd - not really. He was about 3 hours ahead of the leaders & towards the tail end of his rd they were just showing his putts & occasional tee shots. Fox did a good job of showing lots of different golfers every day especially since they had more hours of coverage than pretty much for any major (if you exclude PGA Live coverage or similar streaming coverage).

There was more than enough coverage of the leaders especially on the weekend. You need to get over your Tiger obsession. I am admittedly a Tiger fan, but I basically stopped caring about him this tourney after the 2nd day. Beyond that if TV chooses to show him it will be because of ratings (as they should) regardless of how you or I feel about this subject.
I have no Tiger obsession and was simply stating facts.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger still brings in the ratings so until he stops doing that he will continue to be shown.

Wonder how much Rolex had to pay for commercial free play the last hour

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s inexcusable what Fox did to Chez Revie. Not one shot of his, not a single putt and not even a glimpse of him until the 17th hole. Here’s a guy who played all day with Koepka and not a glimpse of him. You’d think they’d have at least showed him by accident with as much coverage of Koepka as there was

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So true, but don't get him started.

I don't think we missed any of the leaders shots, but they damn sure were going to show Tiger's little meaningless run on Sunday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I was in a tournament this Saturday and -2 after 14 in the middle of the fairway 92 yards from the hole and started thinking about my score. Steered a gap wedge to 30 feet and promptly 3-putted. Then hit the par 5 18th in two and promptly 3 putted for par. They say when you feel nerves you leave everything short and that's what happened to me. As you say, that's golf.

Good playing...by my standards.

Pressure bursts pipes the saying goes...I just played in a 28 man tourney myself and played terrible. 54 hole tourney and I shot 92,92 the 1st two days and was 12th overall and in the 3rd flight for the final day which thank God was rained out. (this was after playing in the top flight LY)….I sucked this yr...it's golf.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, but don't get him started.

I don't think we missed any of the leaders shots, but they damn sure were going to show Tiger's little meaningless run on Sunday.
I guess we'll e getting constant Tiger coverage until he qualifies for the Senior tour in 7 years.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s inexcusable what Fox did to Chez Revie. Not one shot of his, not a single putt and not even a glimpse of him until the 17th hole. Here’s a guy who played all day with Koepka and not a glimpse of him. You’d think they’d have at least showed him by accident with as much coverage of Koepka as there was
I'm not surprised, we had to watch Tiger nonstop as he tried to break par.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I saw him tee off on #1, but you're right...and it's not like he fell off quick or something he was even thru 9. Rahm got a few shots, as did Louie, and Schauffle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll e getting constant Tiger coverage until he qualifies for the Senior tour in 7 years.

Probably not entirely, example, SAT Tiger didn't do much and I don't recall him getting as much air time as he did on SUN when he had his nice streak of good play.

I have a feeling Tiger and Phil are not going to play the Sr Tour much....I think Phil turns 50 next June if I'm not mistaken.