• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Stanley. Just. Yell. Fore.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley unrepentant over 'fore' controversy with MacIntyre at British Open
Stanley unrepentant over 'fore' controversy with MacIntyre at British Open

The incident on the 17th hole in Friday's second round saw Stanley send his tee shot into the gallery, with it hitting the spectator on the hand.

MacIntyre had said he told Stanley he "wasn't happy" and that his rival "didn't take it well at all" when confronted over not letting the crowd know the ball was heading in their direction.

"My two playing partners, my caddie, a couple of the volunteers or the marshals, even had them signalling it was going right," Stanley said after his third-round 73 on Saturday.

"I mean, everyone to the right of that ball, they knew it was coming.

"So to me it's kind of a non-issue. I'm not really sure why he decided to make such an issue about it. I know it hit his caddie's mom's hands off the bounce, and that's unfortunate."

World number 57 Stanley appeared bemused by the situation, saying he had never been involved in something like it before and would not speak to MacIntyre about it on Saturday.

He hit out at MacIntyre's inexperience, with the 22-year-old playing in his maiden major at Royal Portrush.

"He's a young player. I've been out here a while," said Stanley, 31. "So I don't feel the need to be schooled on the rules of golf or what to do when you hit a shot off line."

The criticism of Stanley brought the lack of players calling "fore" into focus again, after controversies with several players on the PGA Tour.

Graeme McDowell. The quality of marshalling and the quality of set-up sometimes makes us a little lazy as players because the guys on the tee are giving great signals," said Northern Ireland's Graeme McDowell.

"What happened with Koepka last year at Paris, I'm always surprised that more people don't get badly injured in golf tournaments because you've got projectiles moving very fast in the large crowds.

"And thank God that very little ever happens.

"I do feel like it's a professional responsibility to try and warn a crowd if your ball is heading that direction."

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottish rookie Robert MacIntyre calls out Kyle Stanley for not yelling 'Fore' at British Open

Scottish rookie Robert MacIntyre calls out Kyle Stanley for not yelling 'Fore' at British Open

British Open: Golfweek's Geoff Shackelford talks about the Dunluce course at Royal Portrush and the famous 16th hole. Golfweek, USA Today Network

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Scottish rookie Robert MacIntyre wasn't happy with playing partner Kyle Stanley after Stanley hit two spectators and didn't yell "Fore" at the British Open, and he let him hear about it.

MacIntyre confronted Stanley, a two-time PGA Tour winner, over the issue on Friday, according to reporter Martin Dempster of the Scotsman.

Stanley hit a marshal in the shin with an errant shot on the 14th, MacIntyre said. Then the American stood and did nothing when his shot missed the fairway on 17 and hit the mother of MacIntyre's caddie, according to the report.

"My playing partner doesn't shout 'Fore', his ball goes into the crowd, we're shouting 'Fore' as the ball is coming into the crowd," MacIntyre said. "He's just standing watching it. And people didn't have enough time to react when we shouted.

"I said I wasn't happy - and he didn't really like my response. He's the only one I've seen do that. It was straight into the crowd. It was into the crowd from the word go. And we're expecting him to shout fore. She's all right, I think, but it's not what you want."

Stanley shot 67 Friday to enter the third round at even par while MacIntyre (68-72) is 2 under. Stanley's paired with Paul Casey and MacIntyre is out with Justin Thomas for Saturday's third round.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people do you need yelling that a ball is going into the crowd?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a stupid controversy to me. A drive that travels 300-ish yards with all of those people around ? What good would yelling fore do ?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always yell "fuck", I mean "fore" when i hit a bad shot, they should do the same.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a stupid controversy to me. A drive that travels 300-ish yards with all of those people around ? What good would yelling fore do ?

There are many times in which yelling fore is desperately needed.
I myself have been saved and have saved others from a good "Fore"

The etiquette is simple, just do it anytime the ball is heading towards someone.
You make it an automatic reflex and don't try to calculate if they can hear you are not.