• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m expecting to see some changes ( for the better) with this coaching staff.

I thought Banny didn’t do squat except say “aww shucks guys” and “never ever quit”.

Brocail stunk and I didn’t like iapoce’s approach. Our lack of situational hitting was inexcusable.
I give Banny all the cre4dit in the world for helping this team outperform their talent level for an extended period. He was a much better manager than Wash, but then that is not saying a lot. Losing soured the players on him and if they continue to lose at the pace they did last year they will sour on Woodward as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Banny all the cre4dit in the world for helping this team outperform their talent level for an extended period. He was a much better manager than Wash, but then that is not saying a lot. Losing soured the players on him and if they continue to lose at the pace they did last year they will sour on Woodward as well.
They will likely lose this year and next until they are provided players who can win. Pitchers have to play a big part in any managers plans. Right now the lack of does not paint a winning season but did we really expect one?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash was a hit&run and bunt mgr. Not much else. LOL

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will likely lose this year and next until they are provided players who can win. Pitchers have to play a big part in any managers plans. Right now the lack of does not paint a winning season but did we really expect one?
I sure don't. I'm afraid they're putting to much stock in their prospects. And that they're waiting to add free agents in one off season, instead of adding a piece each year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure don't. I'm afraid they're putting to much stock in their prospects. And that they're waiting to add free agents in one off season, instead of adding a piece each year.
How many high quality free agents do you expect them to need to add? I mean guys who would be a #1 or #2 in a WS contender rotation or all star calibur position players.

Also, when do you expect them to be ready to be WS contenders?

Myself, I think they need 2 of those type of free agents or maybe 3 at the most. I am hoping we can be WS contenders in 2021, but I know realistically that might be a year or two too early. That would give us at least 2 more offseasons to acquire those free agents. I think they go ahead and get one next offseason and then reevaluate after 2020. Then they will determine if they need 1 or 2 more free agents that next offseason.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. Pitching is the key.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many high quality free agents do you expect them to need to add? I mean guys who would be a #1 or #2 in a WS contender rotation or all star calibur position players.

Also, when do you expect them to be ready to be WS contenders?

Myself, I think they need 2 of those type of free agents or maybe 3 at the most. I am hoping we can be WS contenders in 2021, but I know realistically that might be a year or two too early. That would give us at least 2 more offseasons to acquire those free agents. I think they go ahead and get one next offseason and then reevaluate after 2020. Then they will determine if they need 1 or 2 more free agents that next offseason.
I think it will be 2022 before they compete for a WS. I'm tired of them 4 or 5 has been pitchers coming off of an injury. How about signing one good uninjured pitcher. They'll need at least 3 players, mostly on the pitching side. I'll be surprised if they sign anybody after this upcoming season. The Rangers seem to think they can do it all in one off season. That will not happen. The Rangers budget has gone from 150 million a few years ago to 114 this year. That doesn't give you much chance of competing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Never give up the faith in the front office.

Simple logic is things may have been hugely different if Profar never got injured. This came into play even when they decided to extend Elvis.

I like the Profar baseball IQ and in a perfect world where money is not a factor have kept him. Always been a fav player. Baseball playoff window and cash flow were the determining factors

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome sounds of baseball

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple logic is things may have been hugely different if Profar never got injured. This came into play even when they decided to extend Elvis.

I like the Profar baseball IQ and in a perfect world where money is not a factor have kept him. Always been a fav player. Baseball playoff window and cash flow were the determining factors
If the money to keep Profar was a factor then the owners need to find a new business. Cheapness won't cut it in this business.

They simply blew it when they made the decision that Odor was going to be the better of the two. When that became obvious they were too stubborn and too proud to change courses.

All the excuses in the world will not change that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the money to keep Profar was a factor then the owners need to find a new business. Cheapness won't cut it in this business.

They simply blew it when they made the decision that Odor was going to be the better of the two. When that became obvious they were too stubborn and too proud to change courses.

Agree!! After Odor's extension, FO did not want to admit they made a mistake and stayed with Odor and sold Profar down the drain.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.com 2019 Prospect Watch

They have Taveras behind both JPM and Bubba Thompson. I have to agree.

They even have Anderson Tejeda ranked ahead of Taveras.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree!! After Odor's extension, FO did not want to admit they made a mistake and stayed with Odor and sold Profar down the drain.
The thing to worry about is they are going to have similar decisions when many of our prospects are ready to come up. They are going to have to get better at making choices.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Ramgers draft a college hitter who could move quickly through the system.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The front office probably let feelings get in the way.

I still remember hearing all that crap about “throwing in a pony” for odor to sign his extension. They (wrongly) assumed that Odor had become an established player who was too popular to replace.

I think the Bautista punching moment made him a fan favorite because his play on the field doesn’t explain why he would be. The guy is a mediocre second baseman at best.

Look at the other marquee second basemen in the state recently. Altuve and kinsler. Odor just doesn’t measure up.