• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Pirates

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remain optimistic about the Archer trade, but it is looking pretty bad right now with the way Meadows and Glasnow are performing for the Rays.

Archer might need to win a Cy Young to validate the move for the Pirates.
Silver lining is I'm just not sure Glasnow would be doing this with the Pirates. He became night and day once he went to Tampa, and the Pirates don't exactly have the best track record of consistency getting the best out of their top end pitching talents.

Meadows, yeah that one stinks. They could really use him now.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining is I'm just not sure Glasnow would be doing this with the Pirates. He became night and day once he went to Tampa, and the Pirates don't exactly have the best track record of consistency getting the best out of their top end pitching talents.

Meadows, yeah that one stinks. They could really use him now.

My biggest issue with how they handled Glasnow is that they just stashed him away in middle relief in 2018, refusing to give a start, even when injuries created opportunities.

It's as if they had basically given up on him and were just using him out of pen to show off his arm for other teams.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with how they handled Glasnow is that they just stashed him away in middle relief in 2018, refusing to give a start, even when injuries created opportunities.

It's as if they had basically given up on him and were just using him out of pen to show off his arm for other teams.
I didn't like that either. Never really had a chance to succeed when they did that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize they were both doing so good this year. Yep, its not looking to good so far, but they cant keep that up either.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like that either. Never really had a chance to succeed when they did that.

I was really surprised they did not give him a shot after Nova went inactive. Had he showed well, maybe they do not feel compelled to make the trade and still have him and Meadows doing what they are now, but for the Pirates.

Meadows had two more HRs tonight, BTW.

The Pirates may have gotten bent over the table here, and that's not even considering Shane Baz and what he may provide a few years down the road.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised they did not give him a shot after Nova went inactive. Had he showed well, maybe they do not feel compelled to make the trade and still have him and Meadows doing what they are now, but for the Pirates.

Meadows had two more HRs tonight, BTW.

The Pirates may have gotten bent over the table here, and that's not even considering Shane Baz and what he may provide a few years down the road.

The Kela trade isnt looking good either, we need two of Kela/ Rodriguez / Crick to stablize our bullpen or we cant take advantage of our great rotation.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kela trade isnt looking good either, we need two of Kela/ Rodriguez / Crick to stablize our bullpen or we cant take advantage of our great rotation.

I think there is too much talented depth in the bullpen once Crick returns for it to not eventually come together.

The key is for Vazquez to remain reliable at the end. If he can do that, they can find some combination of Kela, Rodriguez, Crick and Burdi to consistently get the ball to him.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The SP looks great so far. This is going to be an intersting year with OF and 3B. Cabrera has been better than I expected. Polanco should be back soon and then Chisenhall. Jason Martin looks solid. Not sure what they will do with the OF if everyone is healthy.

I think Tucker is the new starting SS by July. They really blew it been not bringing in a solid SS. The SP are solid and a solid SS is what this team is missing.

3B is a mess. Kang can't hit and Moran can't field. It will be nice to have Tucker and Hayes at SS and 3B hopefully sooner rather than later. Kang might end up being released.

The best bet to turn this year into something is to bring up Hayes and Tucker and be done with Kang. Maybe Moran can become a utitllity player at 3B/1B/RF. Gonzalez shouldn't be anything more than a utility player. Not sure what is going on with Newman.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SP looks great so far. This is going to be an intersting year with OF and 3B. Cabrera has been better than I expected. Polanco should be back soon and then Chisenhall. Jason Martin looks solid. Not sure what they will do with the OF if everyone is healthy.

I think Tucker is the new starting SS by July. They really blew it been not bringing in a solid SS. The SP are solid and a solid SS is what this team is missing.

3B is a mess. Kang can't hit and Moran can't field. It will be nice to have Tucker and Hayes at SS and 3B hopefully sooner rather than later. Kang might end up being released.

The best bet to turn this year into something is to bring up Hayes and Tucker and be done with Kang. Maybe Moran can become a utitllity player at 3B/1B/RF. Gonzalez shouldn't be anything more than a utility player. Not sure what is going on with Newman.
I am not sure I follow why Gonzalez is playing more than Newman?
As for 3rd base as it sits right now let Moran get the bulk of playing time and see what happens. If his glove becomes too much of a hindrance and they are still in contention it would be worth getting a temp replacement.

With Kang he looks to be done. A cheap gamble but is proving his worth is all but gone.

The one pleasant surprise with the office is Bell he is hitting much better than I expected. Lets hope he keeps it up.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ offense not office. :L Love auto complete.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the bench when everyone is healthy. Reyes and Martin are both going down for sure, Melky you absolutely keep if he keeps hitting like this and it seems like they don't want to risk losing Stallings so three catchers are probably in the mix. Newman could be an odd man out with Kang being able to play SS, but that's not an ideal scenario.

Then there's Shuck. I've really liked what he's brought but I believe he's out of options and no where to start him in AAA with Martin/Reyes/Reynolds anyway.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, the Pirates may have just been better off giving Chisenhall's deal to Melky.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the bench when everyone is healthy. Reyes and Martin are both going down for sure, Melky you absolutely keep if he keeps hitting like this and it seems like they don't want to risk losing Stallings so three catchers are probably in the mix. Newman could be an odd man out with Kang being able to play SS, but that's not an ideal scenario.

Then there's Shuck. I've really liked what he's brought but I believe he's out of options and no where to start him in AAA with Martin/Reyes/Reynolds anyway.

They play the options games with Reyes first then Martin and keep Shuck.. at least until the entire outfield is back then they cut Shuck, that looks like the smart move imho.

If Bell turns into a legit middle of the order bat(we dont have one)... and our rotation keeps kicking we can have a big unexpected year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hayes makes a great compliment to Moran, they can platoon and Hayes can be the D replacement when we are ahead in the late innings, that is a good way to start him off to his career imo and they can give Hayes the chance to fight for more playing time.

I think you are right about Cole Tucker too, our Seinfeld combo of Newman and Kramer both look like meh utility players whose values go to near 0 when they are out of options. Maybe they can do better, I hope so but I doubt it.

I was really upset about the Nova salary dump and the pickup of Lyles.... But that was me being a dumbass I guess. Get some lottery prospect tickets, upgrade the rotation and shed salary. Looks like a great move atm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is too much talented depth in the bullpen once Crick returns for it to not eventually come together.

The key is for Vazquez to remain reliable at the end. If he can do that, they can find some combination of Kela, Rodriguez, Crick and Burdi to consistently get the ball to him.

My bad not mentioning Burdi, he looks like a steal.

It seems the bullpen is pulling it together. We need Kela to get going though. We might get really lucky with our .500 roster this year. You can win a WS with a .500 roster you just have to overachieve and not have massive injuries especially to the pitching staff.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes makes a great compliment to Moran, they can platoon and Hayes can be the D replacement when we are ahead in the late innings, that is a good way to start him off to his career imo and they can give Hayes the chance to fight for more playing time.

I think you are right about Cole Tucker too, our Seinfeld combo of Newman and Kramer both look like meh utility players whose values go to near 0 when they are out of options. Maybe they can do better, I hope so but I doubt it.

I was really upset about the Nova salary dump and the pickup of Lyles.... But that was me being a dumbass I guess. Get some lottery prospect tickets, upgrade the rotation and shed salary. Looks like a great move atm.

The issue with Tucker is they won't call him up. And only a partial season in AAA is never enough for the Pirates. Sadly we are stuck with garbage at SS.
I wouldn't be too sold on Lyles, nothing in his past shows he will be good. If he can hold out long enough that is all they need.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking what I'm seeing recently. The bullpen has improved and the starting pitching is sharp as well. Pirates pitchers have best ERA by far in the NL. Hopefully Marte is not hurt from collision last night. Getting Polanco back shortly should help as well. Need to minimize injuries to keep this going rest of the year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Marte and Gonzalez are both going on the DL. I hope that means Tucker gets a shot sooner vs later at SS.

Edit: Tucker is getting called up. Glad they are giving him the chance now and not waiting for June and being cheap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking what I'm seeing recently. The bullpen has improved and the starting pitching is sharp as well. Pirates pitchers have best ERA by far in the NL. Hopefully Marte is not hurt from collision last night. Getting Polanco back shortly should help as well. Need to minimize injuries to keep this going rest of the year.

It looks like Marte wont be on the IL to long, hopefully just the minimum 10 days. That is still our top 4 OFers on the IL, yikes