• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree no way AB ends up here but jeepers like I said if the Pats signed AB and Josh came back with Jules on board and sign the best TE in the draft WOW

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree no way AB ends up here but jeepers like I said if the Pats signed AB and Josh came back with Jules on board and sign the best TE in the draft WOW
Why would AB fare better than Chad Oucho?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're only two weeks from the Super Bowl and people are getting bored already. I can't even imagine how wound up people will be by Monday of Draft Weekend.

Interesting story came out yesterday that Matt Patricia is talking to BB. He's supposedly,again, supposedly is offering Matthew Stafford to BB for the #32.

I know that the Patriots may have other holes to fill, and I haven't looked at salary cap effect or anything else, but if he could be fit, I think it would be a good move. Hoyer is $4M cap hit a,d having Etling as the #3 this could really push Brady back to his old self when Jimmy G was here.

Word is that Patricia will move him one way or the other. I'm sure Elway will jump off a cliff to get into this fray.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL gotta love the rumor mill...the Lions would take a $20MM cap hit with $49MM in dead money to trade Stafford and have Matt Cassel as their QB. Nope.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're only two weeks from the Super Bowl and people are getting bored already. I can't even imagine how wound up people will be by Monday of Draft Weekend.

Interesting story came out yesterday that Matt Patricia is talking to BB. He's supposedly,again, supposedly is offering Matthew Stafford to BB for the #32.

I know that the Patriots may have other holes to fill, and I haven't looked at salary cap effect or anything else, but if he could be fit, I think it would be a good move. Hoyer is $4M cap hit a,d having Etling as the #3 this could really push Brady back to his old self when Jimmy G was here.

Word is that Patricia will move him one way or the other. I'm sure Elway will jump off a cliff to get into this fray.

Yeah...No.
Stafford is good, but not for a first, even a late first when we do not need him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this stuff. Patricia mentions something and immediately he's talking with BB. By the time the rumor hits people like me, the deal is very serious and near completion. Then the real fun begins because all of the media who bit on the rumor are now trying to cover their tracks and not look like a total orfice.

WEEI is saying that there is no credence to the rumor, but that patriciawould be interested if offered a first round pick.

WBZ, who may have been the first to bite, says that Patricia claims that he never said that he was looking for a first round pick for Stafford. He was answering a question by a reporter who asked if he was looking to make any trades and asked specifically about Staffordand was told that it would have to be a blockbuster. The reporter decided to run with it on his own.

In my humble opinion, the rocket scientist knew exactly what he was doing and knew exactly what would happen.Now the door is open and Patricia will be entertaining offers for Stafford. Mark my words.......you heard it here first on Valentine's Day, not April Fools day.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I’m still calling shenanigans. Trading Stafford is not financially feasible for the Lions this year. Patricia needs to show improvement in year 2 and that isn’t gonna happen with a worse QB and 1/3 of their cap sunk on a player who’s not on the roster. Not to mention Bob Quinn has control of the roster, not Patricia.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Bob Quinn has control of the roster, not Patricia.

Want to buy some Florida property??

We are in a day and age where the coaches are pretty much getting what they want. Tough to fire someone when he has no say in the players he's coaching.

There are a shitload of teams that can easily absorb Staffords hit, just as there are teams who can absorb Antonio Brown's. All you need is a willing coach and an owner who thinks he can unseat New England or LA by overspending.

Nothing is impossible anymore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are not going to trade Stafford for only a 1st round pick. They would absorb $30 million in dead money and actually be worse off cap wise than just keeping him. So if they are going to absorb that kind of hit they need to be compensated for it. My guess is you are looking more at the Jay Cutler deal of 2 1st round picks to make that happen.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to buy some Florida property??

We are in a day and age where the coaches are pretty much getting what they want. Tough to fire someone when he has no say in the players he's coaching.

There are a shitload of teams that can easily absorb Staffords hit, just as there are teams who can absorb Antonio Brown's. All you need is a willing coach and an owner who thinks he can unseat New England or LA by overspending.

Nothing is impossible anymore.
Whereabouts? I actually had an interview wth a company in the Tampa area today, so I might need to relocate. And I’m always open to good real estate investments anyway.

I didn’t say Patricia has no say. But he doesn’t have final say. If Quinn didn’t take input from his coach he wouldn’t be very good at his job. But if his coach wanted him to eat $49MM in dead money and downgrade the most important position on the field for some unknown reason and he actually did it, he’d be pretty bad at his job then, too. Whether other teams can absorb Stafford’s contract is irrelevant to the topic...the important part is the damage it would do to the Lions’ cap. And even if for some bizarre reason the Lions actually wanted to f up their cap and their roster and move on from Stafford now, every team that needs a starting QB would be lined up with offers that would blow the #32 pick out of the water. Stafford to the Pats is a scenario of the highest order of ludicrosity.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereabouts? I actually had an interview with a company in the Tampa area today, so I might need to relocate. And I’m always open to good real estate investments anyway.

Say hi to Tgann and the rest of my friends in Florida.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say hi to Tgann and the rest of my friends in Florida.....
Is that where Tgann stays when not on the sidelines cheering on the Rams?
180806113454-nfl-cheerleader-quinton-peron-large-169.jpg