• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

First pick..................Round 3 ..........#96

The New England Patriots select.......

Matt Gay Kicker Utah

Lou Groza Award 2018 Best College Kicker

6'1" 190#

FG 27-30

5 FG - 50+ yards No misses

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is a Jets fan, I just know it.
Likely been a Pats fan longer than you. And it's only Pats fans that feel the Pats havn't cheated. But you and others can believe as you choose as will I.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have apparently awoken from their nap.

They've made some decisions, not publicly, but they've pretty much backed away from two potential deals that were not made...1. Julio Jones.....Falcons want a first and third and the Patriots aren't anywhere that ballpark, probably not even in the same state. 2. AJ Green....He will not renegotiate his present contract even though he's in the final year. He's expecting to be the first WR to break the $20M a year barrier next year.

They did look at Randall Cobb but too many other teams were will to spend much more than the Patriots valued him. He hasn't played a full season for the past three years and his body has taken a ton of whacks so the Patriots backd away and the Cowboys are in the process of completing a deal with him.

Jordy Nelson was in Seattle yesterday but didn't sign. Not sure if it's him or them. A lot of teams are interested so I don't expect to see him in a Red, White and Blue uniform.

That brings us to a deal that is being discussed and has been discussed between the Patriots and the Giants since last Friday. The Giants moved on from OBJ and are now ready to send Sterling Shepard packing and the Patriots are very interested in having his train stop and unload in Foxboro. He's very inexpensive for 2019 at just under $2M a year. The rumors are that the Giants want the Bears second round pick but the patriotsaren't willing to pay that high a price for a possible one year visit. The Giants have not allowed the patriots to speak with him, but further rumors are that the patriots would make him a offer to extend his contract for three years for somewhere near $21M. That would give him a $5M bump this year and if that could be done, the Patriots might be willing to give up their own second round pick which is 12 spots deeper. It's all speculation and no one has a firm grasp on anything more. If this deal is going to get done, it should be done by Friday or else Shepard will be headed elsewhere.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick Sneaks Out Of Foxboro and Slithers Into Tuscaloosa

Bill Beleichickleft Foxboro Sunday afternoon and took a hard left turn. He was seen Monday and Tuesday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama visiting with an old friend named Nick Saban. BB attended the Tide's spring practice on Monday but more importantly was on the field for the Alabama Pro Day on Tuesday. Many other GMs and coaches were there and naturally, BB didn't say a word. He did speak with with nearly every senior on the field and spent more than a few minutes with TE Irv Smith.

Below BB in a 'Bama Sweatshirt (cold and windy) and NS having a talk about grandkids.

9123042.png

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have apparently awoken from their nap.

They've made some decisions, not publicly, but they've pretty much backed away from two potential deals that were not made...1. Julio Jones.....Falcons want a first and third and the Patriots aren't anywhere that ballpark, probably not even in the same state. 2. AJ Green....He will not renegotiate his present contract even though he's in the final year. He's expecting to be the first WR to break the $20M a year barrier next year.

They did look at Randall Cobb but too many other teams were will to spend much more than the Patriots valued him. He hasn't played a full season for the past three years and his body has taken a ton of whacks so the Patriots backd away and the Cowboys are in the process of completing a deal with him.

Jordy Nelson was in Seattle yesterday but didn't sign. Not sure if it's him or them. A lot of teams are interested so I don't expect to see him in a Red, White and Blue uniform.

That brings us to a deal that is being discussed and has been discussed between the Patriots and the Giants since last Friday. The Giants moved on from OBJ and are now ready to send Sterling Shepard packing and the Patriots are very interested in having his train stop and unload in Foxboro. He's very inexpensive for 2019 at just under $2M a year. The rumors are that the Giants want the Bears second round pick but the patriotsaren't willing to pay that high a price for a possible one year visit. The Giants have not allowed the patriots to speak with him, but further rumors are that the patriots would make him a offer to extend his contract for three years for somewhere near $21M. That would give him a $5M bump this year and if that could be done, the Patriots might be willing to give up their own second round pick which is 12 spots deeper. It's all speculation and no one has a firm grasp on anything more. If this deal is going to get done, it should be done by Friday or else Shepard will be headed elsewhere.

The thing here in NE is our QB makes receivers while a lot of other teams the receivers make the QB, if that makes sense? This being said the Pats will not or maybe should not over pay for a WR. Couple this with the fact the TB doesn't really have a favorite receiver he throws to the open man over paying makes even less sense. Now I know some might be thinking well Jules is his FAVE, not really it's just the system has a lot of plays for that position. Although I do feel Tom may be most comfy with Jules.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely been a Pats fan longer than you. And it's only Pats fans that feel the Pats havn't cheated. But you and others can believe as you choose as will I.

You've been a Patriots fan since the late 60's?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Pats fan since they became a team in 1960. I was 10 years old and Babe Parrelli was the man.

On to Patriots news of today.....................

The Patriots and Steven Ghostkowski are progressing on a new contract for the kicker. He has no intention of signing elsewhere and the deal could be done as early as next week.

That takes care of the kickers and punters.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda surprised the Jesters didn't make a run at Gostkowski after Myers went to Seattle

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Pats fan since they became a team in 1960. I was 10 years old and Babe Parrelli was the man.

On to Patriots news of today.....................

The Patriots and Steven Ghostkowski are progressing on a new contract for the kicker. He has no intention of signing elsewhere and the deal could be done as early as next week.

That takes care of the kickers and punters.

Yeah I just say 73 because that is when I was 10 and I think that is when I really started enjoying the game a lot. Being born in 63 10 seems a logical age, there is a very good chance I was watching earlier than that but thats about as far back as I can remember.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just say 73 because that is when I was 10 and I think that is when I really started enjoying the game a lot. Being born in 63 10 seems a logical age, there is a very good chance I was watching earlier than that but thats about as far back as I can remember.

I as born in 1950.
My dad was a truck driver and he was in Conn. in 1954 and helped some guy who owned an appliance store and he gave my dad a TV. 12" Black and White but we were the only family in Ferry Village with a TV. people used to come over to watch Steve Allen and Milton Berle. My parents had more fiends in the mid 50's than any= time in their lives.

In 1956 I would sit on a hassock with my dad in his rocker and we'd the N.Y. Giants every Sunday afternoon. I knew every one of them, Robustelli, Gifford, Catcavage.............We wtchedthem until the Boston patriots were born and played in their first game in Fenway Park.

I'm so old that I remember watching the 'Twilight Zone' every Wednesday night at 10:00 PM. I also remember when the TV didn't start airing programs until 4:00 PM weekdays and shut off at 11:00 PM every night. I also remember that television started staying on until 2:00 AM in 1982 and went to 24 hours a day in 1983. Cable TV was alive and the networks had to keep up.

And that's today's history lesson kids. Time for recess.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Gilmore has redone his contract.....exact details are unknown at this time.

The second week of the 2019 NFL year has almost come to a close, and it seems the media focus on the Super Bowl Champions centers on the Patriots’ salary cap space. Both The Boston Globe and Providence Journal have lengthy analyses of New England’s dwindling breathing room under the cap.

However, according to an ESPN report this morning, the Patriots freed up some room by tinkering with CB Stephon Gilmore’s deal. Prior to today, he was believed to be the second-highest cap number on the roster.

That move would help the team continue to sign free agents, and it appears they are working on that. According to NBC Sports Boston, the champs are close to re-signing long-time placekicker Stephen Gostkowski. An article on Boston Sports Journal offers an opinion on what a fair deal for Gostkowski might look like.

Meanwhile, a WEEI.com column asserts that it’s odd the Patriots haven’t yet addressed Tom Brady’s contract, as he is by far the highest cap number on the team at the moment.

Next week, almost all NFL news will be coming from Phoenix, where the league’s Annual Meeting will take place. Patriots.com will be there, so, stay tuned for any developments out in Arizona.