• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly makes these schools racist?

They are all white schools in an all white area that every single time they go anywhere others deem them racist, I don’t know. The log show isn’t exactly considered cultured. But I respect Baldwin for still going, making kids dream come true in meeting a celebrity and teaching parents things such as we may have different views on subjects but we can agree on things while not agreeing on how to approach them while still being civil to each other.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up KJ, they need to get KJ back in here. Sure he had a rough season with his injury but lets not kid ourselves. He is still one of the better OLB in the NFL when healthy and he was one of the best players on the field in the Hawks playoff loss to the cowboys.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think about Khaleke Hudson as a Day three pick? He played a TON up in the box. I wont pretend to know everything about this guy after reading some reviews and watching a little highlight reel film ( it's called HIGHLIGHT reels for a reason )

at 6 foot 220 he is not a bad sized SS to throw into the box like the Hawks like to do and has a nose for finding and crushing ball carriers. This area was a HUGE weakness for Seattle last season and because they didn't have "that type of guy" the run game against was pretty bad. Having a Healthy KJ and an enforcer at strong safety who plays like a 4th LBer would go a LONG way to clean up a lot of what ailed the Hawks against the run last season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think about Khaleke Hudson as a Day three pick? He played a TON up in the box. I wont pretend to know everything about this guy after reading some reviews and watching a little highlight reel film ( it's called HIGHLIGHT reels for a reason )

at 6 foot 220 he is not a bad sized SS to throw into the box like the Hawks like to do and has a nose for finding and crushing ball carriers. This area was a HUGE weakness for Seattle last season and because they didn't have "that type of guy" the run game against was pretty bad. Having a Healthy KJ and an enforcer at strong safety who plays like a 4th LBer would go a LONG way to clean up a lot of what ailed the Hawks against the run last season.

Just watched the Michigan/Notre Dame game. My take away (from one game mind you):

1) He's raw - and appears to have been used as S, NB and LB, but he really doesn't appear to have developed in any one position, and it shows. This could allow for him to be trained in any position that is wanted at the next level, but he'll be a project moving forward.

2) He's indecisive. He pauses at the snap, just standing there on too many plays until the play starts to develop, then reacts. This leads to him being a step slow. Needs to improve his read and react skills if he is gonna play on the defense.

3) He gives up on plays he thinks aren't going his way, and provides little support from the back side. He also doesn't take on block effectively.

4) Coverage skills weren't really challenged, as ND tended to go for the big ball or the QB ran - and Hudson was usually on TEs on shorter routes. He appeared to be trailing most of the time in coverage, and there were times I felt the QB missed his open TE.

5) I need to see more tackling from him - he only had a few opportunities to showcase during the game tape. He did have one play were he set the edge very well and turned it back inside.

Again, this is all looking at just one game focusing on him. For all I know, it wasn't a game that highlighted him very well. I may look at a little more later.

Overall, I think a late round pick would be about where I'd put him right now - but I also wouldn't expect to see him making much of an impact on the defense year one. He'll be a work in progress, and will most likely be a special teams player in 2019.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep i said a day three choice. He is no all pro but he has the skill to be a monster in the box with development. The report i read said he had no issues attacking the box and sniffing out ball carriers and he loves to strike. Seems yours went the other direction. All this tells me is like always the talking heads don't know any more than we do and only like to pretend lol.

How about WR Anthony Johnson ( Buffalo Bulls ) in a late round?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up KJ, they need to get KJ back in here. Sure he had a rough season with his injury but lets not kid ourselves. He is still one of the better OLB in the NFL when healthy and he was one of the best players on the field in the Hawks playoff loss to the cowboys.

I agree here, or we need to be active in free agency for linebackers. Our depth last year (and for some time) has been pretty abysmal at the linebacker front. That said, need to be careful overpaying him given he's 30 and was out (or dealing with nagging injuries) most of last season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah is he a Earl Thomas " once he got injured it just kept happening " or is he more like a Jimmy Graham " got injured one year and came back and was pretty healthy"? You know what i mean? it could have just been a rough year for KJ and he may come back strong and give the Hawks 2+ more years of high level play. Hard thing to judge because you never know so you got to basically bet on the type of person they are. My money is on KJ being fine for the next couple years but my opinion is not worth a damn to anyone that matters if you get my meaning lol.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KJ has any sort of market he's gone. Seahawks weren't willing to give a 3rd contract to Earl, doubt they'll do it for KJ for anything more than a 1-year prove-it deal to show the injury issue is a thing of the past.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really want that Clemson SS\OLB but I also want Burns from Florida State so I can wait till Hudson in day 3.

I'm a huge Frank Clark fan so I'm excited to see him franchised

Offtopic. Is it me or does anyone else have a sneaking suspision that Tyree Jackson might be the Patriots 1st pick.

It gets them a QB of the future and he has the skills to be decent. Sit behind Tawm for a year or 2 before taking over.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are as lot of Lbers in college that are just to light in many teams eyes to be every day starters. These guys tend to become Safeties in the pros a lot of times. Pete and John were the first to really start tapping into these hybrid type players heavily and the NFL has followed their lead so these type players are "harder" to hit on as there is less to choose from. I have no doubts the Hawks will bring in some 6 foot + 220 Linebacker with 4.58-4.68 speed and say Hey Wanna play safety. ( Kams 40 yard dash was no burner either. 4.69).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Michigan/Notre Dame game. My take away (from one game mind you):

1) He's raw - and appears to have been used as S, NB and LB, but he really doesn't appear to have developed in any one position, and it shows. This could allow for him to be trained in any position that is wanted at the next level, but he'll be a project moving forward.

2) He's indecisive. He pauses at the snap, just standing there on too many plays until the play starts to develop, then reacts. This leads to him being a step slow. Needs to improve his read and react skills if he is gonna play on the defense.

3) He gives up on plays he thinks aren't going his way, and provides little support from the back side. He also doesn't take on block effectively.

4) Coverage skills weren't really challenged, as ND tended to go for the big ball or the QB ran - and Hudson was usually on TEs on shorter routes. He appeared to be trailing most of the time in coverage, and there were times I felt the QB missed his open TE.

5) I need to see more tackling from him - he only had a few opportunities to showcase during the game tape. He did have one play were he set the edge very well and turned it back inside.

Again, this is all looking at just one game focusing on him. For all I know, it wasn't a game that highlighted him very well. I may look at a little more later.

Overall, I think a late round pick would be about where I'd put him right now - but I also wouldn't expect to see him making much of an impact on the defense year one. He'll be a work in progress, and will most likely be a special teams player in 2019.

@uwdawgfan, quit being a little bitch and add something to the conversation, or are you so intellectually inept that you can't formulate a simple response to what you disagree with?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are as lot of Lbers in college that are just to light in many teams eyes to be every day starters. These guys tend to become Safeties in the pros a lot of times. Pete and John were the first to really start tapping into these hybrid type players heavily and the NFL has followed their lead so these type players are "harder" to hit on as there is less to choose from. I have no doubts the Hawks will bring in some 6 foot + 220 Linebacker with 4.58-4.68 speed and say Hey Wanna play safety. ( Kams 40 yard dash was no burner either. 4.69).

That's why I thought they'd move Griffin to safety. I guess they still could, but I haven't heard any rumors to that affect.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@uwdawgfan, quit being a little bitch and add something to the conversation, or are you so intellectually inept that you can't formulate a simple response to what you disagree with?

He's intellectually inept... Just ignore him... His kind of breed makes himself look bad making it easy for others to just stand back and watch him fail... Over... and over... and over... and over...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks re-sign CB Akeem King to 1-year, $1.4M dealhttp://sports.mynorthwest.com/611768/seahawks-re-sign-akeem-king/

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks re-sign CB Akeem King to 1-year, $1.4M dealhttp://sports.mynorthwest.com/611768/seahawks-re-sign-akeem-king/

King played well, better than well at the end of the season. Good size kid also, he might be the next big up comer as he just oozes ability, now just needs the playing time. I was happy with how he looked against Dallas also. Even the announcers were talking about how well he had been playing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Michael Bennett mentality has taken over the locker room.