• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this D-line gonna be sketchy AF for the first few weeks of the season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this D-line gonna be sketchy AF for the first few weeks of the season.

Yah... at least we have the Bengals and Cards in the first 4 weeks. Pittsburgh and New Orleans is going to be ROUGH though. Hopefully by then Ansah, Collier are back and Reed can appeal down to 4 weeks. The fact he got 6 is fucking ridiculous.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... at least we have the Bengals and Cards in the first 4 weeks. Pittsburgh and New Orleans is going to be ROUGH though. Hopefully by then Ansah, Collier are back and Reed can appeal down to 4 weeks. The fact he got 6 is fucking ridiculous.

He has been denied. He will be getting the full 6, was mentioned when the 6 game suspension was announced

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go on record saying that Penny will be a solid to very good RB.. I absolutely don't see him being a bust...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like you I think he's going to be a bust but so far there's been nothing but positive stories I hope I'm wrong

Seahawks RB Penny 'starting to play faster' - NFL.com

I'll go on record saying that Penny will be a solid to very good RB.. I absolutely don't see him being a bust...

Rashaad Penny didn't have a disappointing rookie year, prove me wrong.

I don't know why there has been this narrative over him having a poor season. Chris Carson was objectively excellent and I don't hold it against Penny that he was unable to beat him out. If you think he's a bust because he couldn't beat out Chris Carson for the starting job, I think you're very wrong. He showed up to camp a bit out of shape and suffered a finger injury that he admits played a role mentally.

Despite those setbacks and not being the starter, I think his performance on the field was strong. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry last year which is exceptional. In the last 12 games he played (including the playoffs) he had 69 carries for 405 yards which would average out to 5.9 yards per carry.

With the emergence of Chris Carson, in hindsight it might've been wiser to use the pick at a different position, but I don't think Penny had a bad season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@uwdawgfan I'm not the type who gets butthurt over facepalm ratings, but I'm curious why you disagree. I've actually been somewhat confused as to why so many journalists call his year disappointing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny didn't have a disappointing rookie year, prove me wrong.

I don't know why there has been this narrative over him having a poor season. Chris Carson was objectively excellent and I don't hold it against Penny that he was unable to beat him out. If you think he's a bust because he couldn't beat out Chris Carson for the starting job, I think you're very wrong. He showed up to camp a bit out of shape and suffered a finger injury that he admits played a role mentally.

Despite those setbacks and not being the starter, I think his performance on the field was strong. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry last year which is exceptional. In the last 12 games he played (including the playoffs) he had 69 carries for 405 yards which would average out to 5.9 yards per carry.

With the emergence of Chris Carson, in hindsight it might've been wiser to use the pick at a different position, but I don't think Penny had a bad season.

I too like Penny and I think/hope we'll see more of him this season. I was good with drafting him since Carson I believe was coming off an injury from the previous season along with all other RBs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too like Penny and I think/hope we'll see more of him this season. I was good with drafting him since Carson I believe was coming off an injury from the previous season along with all other RBs.

Agreed. I'll admit I was wrong on Carson going into the 2018 season. I thought he looked roughly league average in 2017 before his injury. I didn't expect him to play as well in 2018 and as you mentioned there was the injury concern.

I also have to say that I'm relatively biased regarding Rashaad Penny. I understand that HBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL and these days there isn't a ton of value in selecting a HB in the first round unless they're quite special. After reading up on Penny and watching his film in college, I felt the only knocks on him were his competition, pass blocking and relative lack of experience catching the football. Obviously I'm not a scout, but I thought he was by far the second best HB in that draft.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@uwdawgfan I'm not the type who gets butthurt over facepalm ratings, but I'm curious why you disagree. I've actually been somewhat confused as to why so many journalists call his year disappointing.

Hated everything about the early round picks last year. Penny looks slow on hitting holes and looked terrible blocking. Looked scared to me. Looked like he was out of shape and running in marshmallows.

We also picked up a one handed feel good story linebacker who probably shouldn't be in NFL. Great story though,wish somebody else would of grabbed him.. Looks overwhelmed and not strong enough or smart enough to get on field.

Dont get me started on picking a punter that high,who probably would of been there in later rounds. But he can drop kick it, which is really important skill to have. Fan favorite. Sooo glad we didnt grab offensive lineman from Ducks. Depth is overrated.

Go Hawks

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated everything about the early round picks last year. Penny looks slow on hitting holes and looked terrible blocking. Looked scared to me. Looked like he was out of shape and running in marshmallows.

We also picked up a one handed feel good story linebacker who probably shouldn't be in NFL. Great story though,wish somebody else would of grabbed him.. Looks overwhelmed and not strong enough or smart enough to get on field.

Dont get me started on picking a punter that high,who probably would of been there in later rounds. But he can drop kick it, which is really important skill to have. Fan favorite. Sooo glad we didnt grab offensive lineman from Ducks. Depth is overrated.

Go Hawks

I will partially concede your first point. He was a bit out of shape to start the season and he admitted that and is roughly 10lbs lighter than he was at camp last year. Also, blocking was never a strong suit of his. That was one of the criticisms of him coming out of the draft.

I mentioned this in my first post on him and this could sway your mind a little bit as he showed improvements as the season went on: "In the last 12 games he played (including the playoffs) he had 69 carries for 405 yards which would average out to 5.9 yards per carry."

Penny definitely has his limitations as a blocker. Although when it comes to taking handoffs, I think he's good and will continue to improve. I suppose we will agree to disagree on this and we could argue about where he should've been drafted, but I do think he's a starting caliber HB. Your concerns are legitimate and I see why you have them. There's a compelling argument we shouldn't have taken him in the first round, but I disagree that his season was a disappointment.

Completely agreed on selecting Griffin. I think that it was partially the "feel good story" part, and also his combine results were quite impressive which inflated his value. I'm not one that buys into the conspiracy theory shit, but I do legitimately believe he is not nearly as fast as his 40 time indicates. I also wonder how much that device he used during his BP reps influenced how many he was able to put up. If it were up to me, I wouldn't care about the PR shit and I'd cut him.He was impressively awful in the snaps he played against Denver (I think it was Denver at least). Wagner, Kendricks, Wright, Barton, BBK, and Calitro are all better than him and there is no reason to keep 7 linebackers in a 4-3 defense.

Dickson could've been had later, you're probably right. On the bright side he had an All-Pro season. It would've been a complete waste if he was merely average.

If you had the patience to read all of this, sorry for the essay. Once I start talking I can't stop.

Go Hawks and Dawgs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'll admit I was wrong on Carson going into the 2018 season. I thought he looked roughly league average in 2017 before his injury. I didn't expect him to play as well in 2018 and as you mentioned there was the injury concern.

I also have to say that I'm relatively biased regarding Rashaad Penny. I understand that HBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL and these days there isn't a ton of value in selecting a HB in the first round unless they're quite special. After reading up on Penny and watching his film in college, I felt the only knocks on him were his competition, pass blocking and relative lack of experience catching the football. Obviously I'm not a scout, but I thought he was by far the second best HB in that draft.

With Penny, he was in the dog house for a bit for being over weight and than on top of that tough to get touches with Carson producing. Also on Carson, I truly believe we saw a change cause of Solari changing up the scheme vs Cable of 2017.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amara Darboh waived, Naz Jones put on IR.

More talk about Clowney potentially being traded. Miami appears to be showing the most interest. According to Brady Henderson, Clowney's top 2 destinations are Philly and...….. Seattle.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amara Darboh waived, Naz Jones put on IR.

More talk about Clowney potentially being traded. Miami appears to be showing the most interest. According to Brady Henderson, Clowney's top 2 destinations are Philly and...….. Seattle.
I was on the fence about Clowney but the more I think about it the more I want him here. Really gonna need that help on the D-line early in the year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy Ansah practiced yesterday and appears to be on track to play week 1 vs Cincy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season Finale here in about 2.5 hours. Here's what I'm hoping to see:
  1. All starters....on the sideline for the entire game.
  2. Someone emerge and take the decision out of the coaches' hands for who the #3 CB is.
  3. Same for the final WR spot.
  4. Same for the final LB spot.
  5. Prosise have another big game so we can package him up in a deal for Clowney by tomorrow (before he has a chance to hurt himself in practice).
  6. No injuries. Probably should be #1, but it's along those same lines.
I'm optimistic about this team. It's fast on both sides, going to play a very physical brand of offense, and should be a nice blend youth & experience on D to hold up. Right now I'm thinking 11 wins. I'll bump it to 12 if we get Clowney. I don't think the Rams will be as good. I think the 49ers may be better, but we split with them last year anyway. Cards will be trash.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season Finale here in about 2.5 hours. Here's what I'm hoping to see:
  1. All starters....on the sideline for the entire game.
  2. Someone emerge and take the decision out of the coaches' hands for who the #3 CB is.
  3. Same for the final WR spot.
  4. Same for the final LB spot.
  5. Prosise have another big game so we can package him up in a deal for Clowney by tomorrow (before he has a chance to hurt himself in practice).
  6. No injuries. Probably should be #1, but it's along those same lines.
I'm optimistic about this team. It's fast on both sides, going to play a very physical brand of offense, and should be a nice blend youth & experience on D to hold up. Right now I'm thinking 11 wins. I'll bump it to 12 if we get Clowney. I don't think the Rams will be as good. I think the 49ers may be better, but we split with them last year anyway. Cards will be trash.
I like #5:nod: