• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you write out "championship" it equals 131. Kahwi just won the championship. Vogels team facing kahwi lol. Example

A=1
B=2

Etc, write out championship and add the numbers and it comes out to that

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogels first coached game was 1/31 vs raptors now he facing kahwi lol. It's been 131 days since raptors won it all :eek:

Additionally, that wouldn't work in Europe (or actually most of the world) though.

The date would be 31/1 over there.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough being a new york sports fan this morning. first the yankees get bounced out of the playoffs. then the giants look terrible on sunday then the jets get embrssed last night. atleast we got the nets and knicks season to look forward to

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would've blamed the coaches if they didn't win and would complain about minutes if he wasn't getting them.
Not sure that answers the question. If you asked him today, "Draymond, would you have been a bust if Phoenix drafted and kept you?" I don't think he'd say yes. something tells me he believes in himself and would overcome a bad organization.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, not all of those teams needed QBs, but teams should've been much more active trying to trade up to get them.
Probably goes back to hard hard it is to know what a QB will do once he gets to the NFL. Doubt anyone expected close to this level of success for Mahomes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough being a new york sports fan this morning. first the yankees get bounced out of the playoffs. then the giants look terrible on sunday then the jets get embrssed last night. atleast we got the nets and knicks season to look forward to
I had a college roommate who was a Jet, Met and Knick fan. Ouch

Lucky he was an OSU grad to see a successful run for his team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that answers the question. If you asked him today, "Draymond, would you have been a bust if Phoenix drafted and kept you?" I don't think he'd say yes. something tells me he believes in himself and would overcome a bad organization.

Trying to answer that is problematic, because you have to assume that he wouldn't be any good with the Suns. I don't know how he acted with the Spartans, so I can't really guess if he had all that ego coming into the league of if he developed it with the Warriors.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the Knicks?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably goes back to hard hard it is to know what a QB will do once he gets to the NFL. Doubt anyone expected close to this level of success for Mahomes.

But they should've projected it for at least Watson. It's so bizarre how they reach for negatives to disprove some QBs, while trying to prop up guys with very little experience. I hate to play this card, but is it any surprise that someone found a way to rate Trubisky above Watson? Scouts want to believe in the stereotype of past success over what the stats and their eyes are showing them now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to answer that is problematic, because you have to assume that he wouldn't be any good with the Suns. I don't know how he acted with the Spartans, so I can't really guess if he had all that ego coming into the league of if he developed it with the Warriors.
I don't think he'd be very good with the Suns and is in the perfect place for him.

However, based on his comments he was saying organizations ruin players, not the player. And my guess is he'd contradict that and say he'd have succeeded IF the Suns picked him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they should've projected it for at least Watson. It's so bizarre how they reach for negatives to disprove some QBs, while trying to prop up guys with very little experience. I hate to play this card, but is it any surprise that someone found a way to rate Trubisky above Watson? Scouts want to believe in the stereotype of past success over what the stats and their eyes are showing them now.
Wasn't watson hurt a couple times with significant injuries? Guessing that was a factor.

Not sure why that had Trubisky rated so high....though who knows how many did?

To find your QB in the draft you need to get lucky....either to pick high enough to get the top prospect, or have one fall in your lap.

Look at Dallas and Dak, for instance. Hard to call them anything other than lucky as they tried to trade up for Lynch AND Cook before they took him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'd be very good with the Suns and is in the perfect place for him.

However, based on his comments he was saying organizations ruin players, not the player. And my guess is he'd contradict that and say he'd have succeeded IF the Suns picked him.

I'm guessing he would've blamed any losses or personal failings on the coaches if he had any. He's not really a leader in that way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't watson hurt a couple times with significant injuries? Guessing that was a factor.

Not sure why that had Trubisky rated so high....though who knows how many did?

To find your QB in the draft you need to get lucky....either to pick high enough to get the top prospect, or have one fall in your lap.

Look at Dallas and Dak, for instance. Hard to call them anything other than lucky as they tried to trade up for Lynch AND Cook before they took him.

Dallas is a unique situation for a QB to fall into though. Maybe Lynch or Cook would've been successful if they had been picked by the Cowboys behind that line, handing off to Zeke, and throwing to Dez, then Amari. Even Dak had more pub than someone like Trubisky going into their respective drafts. Trubisky is definitely a head-scratcher...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he would've blamed any losses or personal failings on the coaches if he had any. He's not really a leader in that way.
If he was there, I agree.....but if you asked him now what WOULD have happened, I believe he'd say he would have been the player he is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is a unique situation for a QB to fall into though. Maybe Lynch or Cook would've been successful if they had been picked by the Cowboys behind that line, handing off to Zeke, and throwing to Dez, then Amari. Even Dak had more pub than someone like Trubisky going into their respective drafts. Trubisky is definitely a head-scratcher...
Dallas had a number of failed QBs who were not named Romo and Dak since Aikman. Very little chance Cook or Lynch succeeds there IMO.