• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's got to go.

Did you see Candace Parker's face when she was on the bench?

Get rid of dead Fish.

Get rid of that foul-mouthed broad GM too.

Because, if she was white, her ass would be grass.

How fucking unprofessional.

* Blatantly ignores the fact that the biggest reason that I am upset is because Parker is my favorite player *

After exhaustive research and examining years of evidence, my team and I have come to the conclusion that, in our professional opinion, Derek Fisher is an incompetent dope and an asshole.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's got to go.

Did you see Candace Parker's face when she was on the bench?

Get rid of dead Fish.

Get rid of that foul-mouthed broad GM too.

Because, if she was white, her ass would be grass.

How fucking unprofessional.

* Blatantly ignores the fact that the biggest reason that I am upset is because Parker is my favorite player *

GM had to go.

Fisher should too. And he should never get another prominent head coaching job.

You want to send a message to your best players by benching them? Do it. But in a regular season game.

Can’t pull that in an elimination game unless it is a quick 5 minutes tops for players to collect themselves. Just a terrible idea to permabench the players who have carried the franchise for years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After exhaustive research and examining years of evidence, my team and I have come to the conclusion that, in our professional opinion, Derek Fisher is an incompetent dope and an asshole.

Lmaoo why did he even get this job?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM had to go.

Fisher should too. And he should never get another prominent head coaching job.

You want to send a message to your best players by benching them? Do it. But in a regular season game.

Can’t pull that in an elimination game unless it is a quick 5 minutes tops for players to collect themselves. Just a terrible idea to permabench the players who have carried the franchise for years.

Agree. I get what he was trying to do. Whether it was because of what Toler did, or because they were playing their 3rd game in 5 days, or some combination of things, the starters...including Parker, weren't playing with the necessary energy to win the game.

So, pull them for a few minutes, maybe chew them out a little if you feel it's warranted. But put them back in the game.

If they still aren't playing right and things continue to get out of hand...then maybe you pull them for the rest of the game.

You have to give them a chance to "right the ship" before you abandon it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmaoo why did he even get this job?

He's actually done a decent job this year. They finished 22-12 and had the 3rd best record in the league. From what is being said out here, he may have been following what Toler wanted (or thought he was). Although, that's where he needed to just coach the game rather than worry about the GM.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually done a decent job this year. They finished 22-12 and had the 3rd best record in the league. From what is being said out here, he may have been following what Toler wanted (or thought he was). Although, that's where he needed to just coach the game rather than worry about the GM.

Yeah,

That is where I disagree.

You can’t determine how well a coach did by looking at their record.

He has 3 HOF players in his roster. Of course the team has a good record.

For example, Brad Stevens had a crappy season last year and they won 49 games. Meanwhile, Nate McMillan had a great season and his team only won 48.

It is all about adding value to the roster you have. And while I don’t watch the WNBA often, I don’t see much evidence that Fisher added value. But I do see pretty clear evidence that he messed up terribly when the spotlight was brightest.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,

That is where I disagree.

You can’t determine how well a coach did by looking at their record.

He has 3 HOF players in his roster. Of course the team has a good record.

For example, Brad Stevens had a crappy season last year and they won 49 games. Meanwhile, Nate McMillan had a great season and his team only won 48.

It is all about adding value to the roster you have. And while I don’t watch the WNBA often, I don’t see much evidence that Fisher added value. But I do see pretty clear evidence that he messed up terribly when the spotlight was brightest.

Yes and no. You know as well as I do that teams with future HoFers can fall apart if there's a loy of issues and turmoil.

But, there have been kind of conflicting reports. For most of the season, everything was fine. At least that was what was reported. They got off to a slow start because some of the better players were hurt, but they got healthy and started winning. It was even reported that he got along fine with Parker and Ogwumike.

But now I heard that he would sometimes get defensive if players questioned anything and that he wouldn't bring in male players for them to scrimmage against which is a pretty common practice in the WNBA.

Obviously something wasn't right. I have a hard time picturing the players reacting like they did or Fish doing what he did over what Toler said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University of Miami about to lose to Virginia Tech- who was 0-2 in the ACC coming into today

2-3 for THE U.....another shit season it looks like. Big surprise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers/Warriors now on TNT

LBJ AD, Steph, and Dlo are all playing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That new guy the Lakers got...the one with the big eyebrow...he looks like he might be a solid player.